“A week away from it all!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Limassol
Atlantica Bay Hotel
Ranked #6 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“A week away from it all!”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We thought we'd try Limassol this year (two couples) as we have visited Protaras, Ayia Napa and Pathos in the past. I'm afraid I was not enamoured with this area of Cyprus - not one of the prettier ones! The beach section belonging to the Atlantica Bay was also strangely situated although the sun beds AREA is well cared for. All sunbeds both around the pool and on the beach were filthy! The walkway along the seafront in both directions was very pleasant especially at sunset. On arrival we were allocated rooms 433 and 435 which were beautifully designed but unfortunately had a very offensive smell coming from the bathroom. We discussed this with Reception and they agreed to remedy the situation. Disappointingly after three days this was not resolved so we mentioned this to the Thomson rep Nikki who, on our behalf, discussed with Reception and we were moved immediately to upgraded suites of the Honeymoon and Executive. Well done Nikki - thanks! I loved the superior room we had originally booked on the 4th floor - the decor and views - but really disliked the Executive Suite. I think these rooms may be due for decor upgrading? If not this should be considered! I hated the drapes over the bed in our Executive Suite which made me claustrophobic and the choice of materials of the drapes and bed coverage - not impressive at all in my view! There was a hot tub on the balcony which turned itself on during the night disturbing our sleep and some of the jets did not work. We used it once and did not find it impressive. It would have been far better for a hot tub/jacuzzi to be sited in the indoor pool area as one of our friends accompanying us doesn't swim but will enjoy the jacuzzi whilst we are in the indoor pool if there is one available. Pity the only thing she could do was lie on the sunbed and watch the swimmers! This area was lovely especially at this time of the year (November) even though the sunbeds needed a good clean there too. Overall the hotel was very clean - which surprised me about the quality of the sunbeds. In a 4/5 star hotel soft sunbed covers are usually available and the hotel management could well consider this. The dining room was tastefully decorated but I found the choice of food a bit repetitive. Too many pork dishes; cheap, very fatty cuts of lamb on the carvery (I normally will eat all types of lamb as it is my favourite meat and I was very disappointed with that!). The beef carvery was very succulent indeed. Perhaps the hotel should consider turkey and also chicken on the carvery? I did ask the Chef for creme caramel to be on the sweet trolley as it is my favourite holiday sweet, and immediately a very large portion appeared in front of me which was a pleasant surprise and after that it was available one evening! Very commendable! I found the salad bar a bit repetitive and boring - not enough choice of cold fish and I kept asking for beetroot which had been available on a couple of evenings but then we didn't see it again. The Chef was not very accommodating with that request! I understand the hotel is closing down in two week's time and I wonder if the standards had slipped for that reason?

The drinks on the all inclusive package were very good and the service of providing them also. The entertainment in the evening was poor - same couple singing every evening. Very poor for a supposedly 4/5 star hotel. We did not use the spa. I would rate this hotel as only just a 4 star!

Room Tip: High floor but not rooms 433 and 435! A bit noisy with a main road running in front of the hotel. S...
9 Thank Ann D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (816)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
newcastle
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Just got back from a lovely week at this hotel. We were looking for a quiet relaxing week in the sun that's exactly what we got. The food and drinks were all good quality.
The staff really made the holiday from the reps, entertainment team and all the hotel staff.
Thank you to all for a lovely week!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bridgetsmum
Rugeley, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Just returned from a week's holiday again at the Atlantica Bay, Limmasol, this time with my two daughters aged 42 and 39 respectively. Both girls just wanted a relaxing time with the chance to be spoilt and they got all they wanted! The weather was fantastic and, apart from the sauna, the hotel lived up to previous standards. We only used the sauna once, but it was not at all hot and none of us managed to work up a sweat! Once again, thank you so much for a superb, relaxing holiday. We will be back.

Room Tip: Try and avoid having a room overlooking the main entrance. There is no road noise but the generator...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 397Novice
AtlanticaBay, Manager at Atlantica Bay Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your comments.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Once again thank you for your comments.
Sheffield
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed at the Atlantica for one week 7 Nov, wish it had been longer, booked half board through Thomson holidays should have booked all incl.after reading all the reviews. anyway we were able to do this on arrival and paid 23 euros pppd, which at an ex rate of 1.21 euros worked out slightly more than if we had originally done this through the operator. So do not hesitate book all inc.
Could not fault this holiday the hotel was clean, food very good and the service excellent. We had booked a superior room and this came up to expectations R453 a bottle of wine and a bowl of fruit in the room on arrival.
An excellent holiday and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Choose a superior room well worth it.
2 Thank Yorksman
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Just back from one of the best holiday we have ever had. Cyprus proved to be the right choice for what we want from a break: hot sunny weather in November, interesting places to visit ,good hotel and nice people to make friends with .
The hotel is better than we expected , the facilities are very good and from start to the end we were very well looked after by everybody working there. Dan and Nikki did a good job keeping us updated with all was going on and organised our excursions , Andreea ,Julia, Stefan ,Gabriel ,Irina,Ionut,Cristi from the bar made sure we were at any point dehydrated ,Laura ,Andrei,Marius ,Eduard,Alexandra,Ghenadi,Corina made us feel very welcomed in the restaurant. The staff were absolutely great and they made our stay very special ,very hard working and very attentive ,always smiling and joking ,more like being on holiday with friends .
The food was always delicious, good variety, well cooked and presented dishes.
Our room was very nice and very clean, fabulous see view.
Only one thing upset me during my stay .On the first day we found a very little kitten living in the covered swimming pool area, near the flower pots .I called it The Baby and I was pleasantly surprised by how many people were looking after it ,feeding it ,playing with it .I had a routine morning ,lunch and dinner to go and spend a few minutes with The Baby .But one rainy morning I was told the manager did not want the kitten there and was put out in the rain,behinde a low stone wall, near two busy roads .Anybody who likes cats can understand how upsetting that was . I looked for it and called it and after a few days I saw it happily playing on the terrace of the house next dor the hotel. I just hope The Baby is going to have a good life, it touched quite a few hearts in his short life and even shorter stay at Atlantica Bay Hotel .

Room Tip: No tea and coffee making facilities in rooms if this is what you want the most from your hotel room.
3 Thank simonaNewForest
Thank you for your comments.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your kind words.

We would like to clarify the comment regarding the kitten. The comment that the manager had the kitten removed is an inaccurate statement. Although the cats on premise do not belong to the hotel, we do work with a local organization that assists in their care (spaying & neutering) and re-homing them.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.
wales
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We returned from this fantastic hotel & can't wait to go back. The staff are outstanding especially Aneta & Andreea, who make sure that your glass is always full - thank you ladies! The food was excellent, always plenty of choice and nice & hot. Great rooms, spotlessly clean as is the hotel itself. You don't even have to take your own pool towels as they are provided for you.This should be a 5 star hotel as you always get the 5 star treatment. Will definately go back. Many thanks to all the staff for making our holiday so fabulous!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank beachbabe022
Wirral
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a lovely hotel where staff go that extra mile to make your stay as wonderful as possible. I went with my friend as didn't want hotel were kids were running around, never realised its called a couples hotel - and we definitely aren't. We upgraded to a superior room for 20euros per day, well worth it - bathrobes, slippers, fruit, wine - top floor (4th) with fantastic view of the sea. And the beds are sublime - after years of complaining about uncomfortable beds I can honestly say these are better than my own. Drinks on tap without even asking, good choice of food even for me and I'm a veggie. Lovely staff, little treats like chocolates every evening compliments of the hotel. Never had to go to the bar once as they continually ask if you would like a drink - try all the cocktails!! If you overlook the sea, you also overlook the road which can annoy but you do get used to this and we slept with the window open. Also had a massage in the Spa, very nice but very expensive. The entertainement can be a bit hit and miss - resident duo Family Affair and Mel & Zoe. All a bit holiday camp but the acts that were brought in from outside were good especially Steve Wells. Not much around the hotel but bus into Limassol is only a euro and run every 15 mins. We went to the old town, which was nice but wasn't that impressed with Limassol generally. So great holiday for a chill out, we would recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends