“Pretty nice place near the beach”

Estella Hotel Apartments
Ranked #33 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Reviewed September 21, 2010

Me and my friend have stayed at this hotel in August 2010. Hotel's staff were very polite and friendly

There were an air-conditioner, a TV (all the channels were in Greek except Russian one), a table and two chairs on the balcony. In our room there were everything required for cooking: electric cooker, the dishes (plates, forks, pans, kettle etc.).

Yes, the hotel is located near the very busy street but the most hotels in Limassol are situated in immediate proximity to this! And I think the impression of the holiday depends on your goals. From hotel we needed only a place to sleep and a shower, so anything else did not matter. And if you want to relax in a peaceful calm place it’s better to come to Pafos.

The hotel is close to beach. Near the hotel there are a lot of cafes and kiosks (periptero – small shop where you can buy both souvenirs and some food, water, sun block, adaptors etc.). Oh, and one side of the hotel opens on the mountains!
General impression: cozy, nice and comfortable place, great for its price.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 24, 2010

Good value for money, near the beach and lots of cafes and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2009

I stayed at Estella Apt and allocated a very noisy room facing to a busy street. Terrible noise of cars continued whole night and I had headache during my stay. I cannot believe other positive evaluations. I asked to change the room but a rude staff said 1) there are other complaints about noise - not only you 2) it's city centre and generally noisy 3) fully booked- no room available to change. Never apologise. If they recognise this problem, they should not make a customer stay at such a noisy room. Also you can use WiFi only around the reception. Not at your room. The quality of hotel is very important to define your impression of the visit. I highly recommend that you will pay a bit more and choose a better place. Don't damage your experience in Cyprus.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank vyosh
Reviewed October 6, 2009

I stayed at Estella for 6 nights with my cousin after we'd booked a twin room through Expedia. Had lots of communication via email prior to our stay which I found very helpful. We were so pleased when we entered our room to see the room looked even better than we'd seen on the internet photos. The staff were very friendly and treated us like family and gave us so much advice about where to go and visit and to be careful about going out in the evening (e.g. don't ask to be taken to a nightclub if you want to go to a disco or you'll end up in a strip club or similar)! The swimming pool was lovely and warm and clean and the surrounding area was very relaxing, the bar prices very reasonable, you won't want to leave to drink anywhere else. Various members of staff speak different languages and there were many guests there who had stayed several times before.

The hotel is located in a very convenient area of Limassol to get to local shops and bars and restaurants and a 10 minute walk to beautiful sandy beaches.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ladybong_n_hubby
Reviewed September 29, 2009

The first thing I should say is that when you leave the hotel to go looking for the town go LEFT on the main road. We went right and went to an Irish bar on our first day to ask if there was anywhere a bit livlier and were told to stay where we were and it gets busier towards midnight. We took this advice and it wasn't until 2 days before we left that we decided to go left and we found the town!!

The town itself has a nice range of restaurants and a Hagen Daaz which was very good!! The beach is just behind the town and it wasn't particularly big but it was lovely to walk along in the evenings and the water was a nice temperature! This might suit a romantic getaway more than a young group I think. We did see two clubs but they were closed both times but that might be as we went out of season, I'm not sure.

The locals are very friendly and helpful and the hotel staff were pleasant and made an effort. Again, when we went it was very quiet, we had the pool to ourself a few days and shared it with 3 or so other holiday groups the rest of the time. The restaurant is right by the pool so you can have something to eat without having to worry too much about freshening up or going too far and we were very impressed with the food, particularly the omlettes!

It only rained once and that was for an hour one evening during which we made use of the TV in our room and found some english films which we were happy with. The room itself was an ok size. The kitchen was alongside the two twin beds and we had utensils, a hob and a kettle and sink. The only small downside was that the tea towel wasn't the freshest. The bathroom was ok too just make sure you dont put the hot tap on too much when you shower as the water is very hot!!

Finally, I might suggest taking some earplugs with you to this resort as I don't know about other places in Cyprus but the traffic was extremely loud at all hours of the day and night. This might inconvenience light sleepers or families with children. The cars beep constantly as do the scooters and they sound like they are racing around with screeching tyres at times but for us this was no problem as we are relatively heavy sleepers.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bergersbabe
Reviewed May 31, 2009

Very reasonably priced. Across the street from beach. Restaurants and stores around the corner. In front of bank. Very clean. Friendly ,helpful staff.
All rooms are smoking. My room had strong tabacco smell, I complaint they came with a spray. When I came back after an hour the smell was gone. I stayed for 4 days, left windows opened and tabacco smell was never a problem any more.

Could be a little noisy at night becase it is 25 meters away from the main costal street. I used my ear plugs and slept very well with the window opened.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank EnjoytheJourney
Reviewed January 6, 2009

A brillant little hotel / apts. whole place is spottless. Our self catering apt. was little small and basic plus some bit out dated but we saw other rooms in the building that were been renovated while we were there and they looked top class. The staff were so friendly and would go out of there way to do or find anything for you. As a person in the hospitality industry in ireland I know how hard it is to get good staff but these were keepers. Thanking ye. See ye again in June.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)