“Avoid like the plague”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
Birmingham
“Avoid like the plague”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Visited this place as we were in the area, wanted something to eat and it looked very nice. Appearances can be deceptive! Both outside and inside this restaurant, the decor is pristine by Limassol standards. However both the service and food was appalling. We were showed to a table, given a menu but had to call a waiter back in order to get drinks after about 10 minutes (it was not by any stretch of the imagination busy). The waitress who took our food order was quite frankly disinterested. I wanted Dolmades which they didn't have (a local speciality I thought). Then I would have liked saute potatoes, which was on the menu, but she said wasn't an option and wanted vegetables. When my Kleftiko arrived I had salad (which I wasn't eating), baked potato, which tasted awful and the lamb was a mass of fat! It was quite honestly the worst meal I have had in a long time and we eat out often! Couldn't wait to leave and my husband only had 1 pint - a first time for everything. Never again.....

• Visited July 2013

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Overpriced, poor food”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We visited here one evening while looking for somewhere in the tourist area of limassol to eat.
Initial impression , when choosing our meal we requested 5 extra minutes, and the waiter/possible owner seemed to rudely acknowledge this and just stand by our table. Service wise, this place was terrible - we felt like we were just putting them out by being there and left quickly.
Food was equally terrible - I had calamari costing approx 20 euros which was a stingey portion of overcooked rubber. Everyone else in our party was equally unimpressed.
Avoid - there are much better places in limassol.

• Visited April 2013
“Good.”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Went to watch the football between Norwich and Arsenal, very helpful and nice people fantastic milkshakes.

Torpoint, United Kingdom
“Gone Downhill”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Having enjoyed meals in Adonis in the past, I thought that the previous poster had that wrong place,It must be around three years ago since our last visit, so we decided to have lunch there.
The food was awful and way overpriced. They must have included a whack for the rather large brandies they gave us on the house.

• Visited September 2012
Mount Vernon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible place”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This restaurant was absolutely terrible. We ordered a mixed grill to split and the portions were pretty small and the selection was not that good. When we got the bill, it seemed high and when we looked we saw that they had charged us twice for the mixed grill (even though on the menu it said "for 2"). Who does that!! DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE!! I was also hot the whole time and the waiters didn't understand what I was saying or ordering even though they spoke English.

• Visited August 2012