“Central, Clean hotel but noisy location”
Review of Park Beach Hotel

Park Beach Hotel
Ranked #23 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I Stayed at this hotel at the end of October, so was only a 3 day trip away before moving on to work in a different area. Travelling alone as a young solo traveller I did have my own reservations about what the hotel would be like with only one recent review. On arrival the hotel is based off the busy road through the centre of Limassol and only cost 7-8 Eur In a taxi. The location is perfect. The hotel backs off to the main beach and walkway which is only 1-2 minutes walk if that. The pools are clean and available to use even in the winter season. The hotel on some sites are marked as a 4 star. I would definitely say this hotel is no more than a 3.

The rooms are basic with no fridge/ tea coffee making facilities or choice of TV channels in English only BBC World, but then I didn't come for the TV! I think some rooms have had a revamp as this room didn't boast any modern facilities or the flat screen TV which I had previously read about. The Air Con is free and works well which is a first as many hotels you have to pay for. Wifi is available for free to use in the hotel reception/lobby area. If you want to use Wifi in your rooms it is very slow and has a limited connection which costs 10eur for 2 hours/ Other packages available to purchase.

I stayed half board and cannot say I was at least impressed with the food, The breakfast was okay and probably the better of the two between that and dinner. Dinner was served from 7-915pm and buffet style. Only 2 dishes, pasta or fish with potatoes or carrots. The desert would be catered for Russian or German guests and would consist of two fruit dishes and jelly. Book only B&B and opt to dine along the main road outside the hotel.

The hotel itself boats beautiful surroundings and location, with friendly staff and also comfortable. This hotel is exactly as shows on the photos and is a basic, clean yet central hotel.

One further tip to mention is that the hotel is pretty much different apartment blocks set outside and not within a building so as for a singe traveller who can not lock the door from the inside bare this in mind, there was not a great deal of security and was very very noisy to sleep.

Room Tip: Opt for a sea view room not in Block F for a quieter nights sleep.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank travellingmermaid121

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I always check hotels before I book and travel on sites such as this and the reviews were very mixed. We booked a fairly last minute deal but wanted to stay here as other members of family were staying at the same time. The price was very reasonable through the tour opperator but if you plan to organise your own trip I would recommend to book directly with the hotel as would probably work out a lot cheaper.

Positives- The hotel is very clean, maids cleaned the room every day leaving fresh towels and were very accomodating to us eavin our 'Do not disturb' sign out until around 9.30/10.00 am and then cleaning the room after. The staff were all lovely worked very hard to meet your needs and accomodated any requirements. In particular there was a young girl workin behind the bar and she was lovely always brought service with a smile and very chatty but not intruding. The pool area was lovely again very clean plenty of sun loungers and no reserving of one particular area from the crack of dawn!!! It is a stone throws away from the beach and you can walk directly out from the back of the hotel and you are on the beach. Yes some people have commented on the tree's hiding the sea view but these are located outside the boundaries of the hotel and are inline with the regenertion of that walkway along the whole coastal route. Bedrooms were basic but had all the amenities that were required. Aircon was FREE!!! I have always needed to pay for this and balcony had chairs and a table should you wish to sit out in it. There was also a small flat screen TV in the room. The location of this hotel is also excellent, yes you can pay extra and go to fancy hotels but these are a lot further out from the main ammenties of shops and local restaurants.

Negatives- Honestly I don't have any real issues here. You get what you pay for and providing a room is clean that is my main priority. The beds we had in our room were on wheels which every time you tossed/ moved the bed squeeked but this is a minor issue. Yes there is a lot of cats about but this is the same anywhere you go in Cyprus with many volunteer agencies been set up to deal with the problem. But they caused us no problems and bar a SMALL number occassionally around the pool area none were in the hotel lobby etc. Breakfast wasnt great and did seem to be tailored towards the large number of russian guests. There was a tea/coffee, fresh and tinned fruit, yogurt, cereals and cheese/ meat selections. There was also fried eggs and tomatoes, frankfurter sausages, boiled eggs, bacon and bread/toast. I would agree stay away from the juice machine as it was not great. (We were only B&B so cant comment on any other food and also aren't great breakfast people but instead opted to pay a few euro and get freshly baked crossants and orange juice from the local 24hr shop)

The manager is clearly visable in the hotel talking to guests in the evening obtaining fedback and addressing in queries guests may have. He also informed us the hotel is undergoing its second phase of refurbishment this christmas 2012. I would also highly recommend the old town for evening meals etc. Atmosphere was lovely and had a lot more buzz about it than other areas (but it was oct when we visited) it cost about 8 euro in a taxi to get to/from the hotel.

Overall would I recommend this hotel..........yes there are a few minor issues but none that detracted from the pleasant expereince of staying at the hotel or would deter me from returning to the hotel again. Really enjoyed my stay and would definately like to return to Cyprus again!!

Room Tip: The main road that runs through the tourist area of Limassol and past MOST of the hotels (including...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Travel250589
Reviewed December 9, 2011

The hotel is situated near the beach, the reception were friendly. The room was small and not comfortable. Noisy area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank mark H
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We were staying in August and the hotel was fine for the price we were paying. It's located in the middle of the tourist seaside zone with plenty of small shops and other amenities in a 10-minute walk distance.

The hotel consists of several buildings with rooms opening outdoors. Which is quite convenient. The beach is located not far behind a line of trees. It's okay, but it might be better to get to nearby beaches with more sand than stones, and better facilities. You'll have to pay for tents and lounges wherever you are, that's common for all Cyprus.

Since the hotel is right next to the 28 October/Georgiou avenue, public transportation is also easy to reach. There are bus stops with frequent buses going to and from the city center (Old Port). From the Old Port, one may take a bus to a multitude of various locations next to Limassol and all Cyprus. You can find lots of car rentals near the hotel as well. Not bikes, unfortunately.

Overall, a good stay and easy to recommend for those who don't need luxurious service and rooms.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room next to an outdoor fish tavern. Sea view isn't that good with smoke coming...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Igiss
Reviewed July 8, 2011

The hotel is very nice,the location as well and the staff were trying to help us everytime we need a help.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank traveler190382
Reviewed November 17, 2009

We found our room, easing our way over some drains outside the door which had overflowed and left areas of damp, green, unpleasant-smelling slime. Into the room. Ants. Bags on the (ant-free) bed and back to reception. ‘I want a different room. This one is full of ants.’ The receptionist shrugged. ‘There are no more rooms. And even if there were, they too may have ants.’ ‘So what are you going to do about it?’ She reached under the counter and produced a much-used can of fly spry. ‘Use this.’ I began to get a little cross! ‘I have never been in an hotel where I complain and get no help.’ ‘I have helped you. I have given you the spray.’
I went back to my room, sprayed the ants and watched them die. Then back to the receptionist. ‘They are dead. Now I need somebody to clean the room.’ There is nobody.’ ‘So, what will we do?’ This time the receptionist went to a cupboard and produced a dustpan and broom. ‘Here,’ she said, passing them across to me.
Although assured that the manager would come, he didn’t and instead, a helpful waiter from the restaurant came to finish the sweeping up.
We heard someone else ask for a plug (there were none in any of the rooms) but was told, ‘We don’t provide plugs as a way of saving water.’ Surprisingly, the kiosk over the road sold them!
It was too late to move hotels that night, but we moved to Kanika Panathon (a superb hotel for the same price) first thing the following morning.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
9  Thank clival
Reviewed September 11, 2009

We, a middle-aged couple, have just come back from our two-week holiday in the Park Beach. The overall impression is the hotel is a good value for money.
The main advantages of it are as follows:
- location in the city of Limassol park at a distance of ca. 50 m from the sea shore. There is a lovely lawn within the hotel area behind the building with a plenty of sunbeds on it that are free of charge.
- quite adequate food but without much variety
- clean rooms (having read rewies of other guests, I think there has been done much to improve the situation)
- extremely friendly and helpful staff speaking not only English but also other languages (Russian).

There isn't much events in the hotel exept for live music and dance once a week at dinner. It was ideal for us but it might be a bit boring for those who prefer more active lifestyle.
To avoid noise coming from the bustling street in the front of the hotel with heavy traffic day in day out, I would strongly recommend booking a room with a SV (sea view) option.

And of course, if you are not very fond of cats, you should search for another place to stay.

Dmitry St-Ptersburg, Russia