“Great!”
Review of Navarria Hotel

Navarria Hotel
Ranked #30 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My wife and I arrived on June 10th for a ten day stay, half board.
We booked a room on the top floor with a sea view and when we got there we opened the balcony door to see the last part of a local wedding. It was 10:30 pm and noisy, but in a good way. Greek music and dancing, which I found a treat after the long days travel. Very soon afterwards they'd finished and we both went to bed with a smile.
We chose to go outwith the school holidays, so there were very few kids there, which suits us, not that I have anything against children...I used to be one myself, but we webt there to relax, and relax we did.
Our room was basic and clean.
The shower worked perfectly.
The air con was brilliant.
The bed was comfy.
The TV was a portable tele but the aerial cable that plugged into the wall was goosed.
Euro 2012 had just started and it took a bit of jiggling to get a picture that was watchable...Now, in the literature that they leave, it does say to report these things and an engineer will come, but it was OK and I didn't want to cause a fuss, so I never reported it; as the last people in our room hadn't bothered either (duh!). Saying that, we jiggled it enough to watch what we wanted.(Room 506 if you're reading this)
The other guests were mostly Russian and Greek with a fair smattering of British, none of whom were offensive in the least.
The pool was fantastic! 1m - 3m deep and clean and warm.
The food.... I'm easily pleased and there was always something the that was very tasty. Only on one night was there something that was just tasty.
My wife isn't easily pleased, yet she managed to clear her plate (sometimes two plates) at every meal.
Very handy for the beach and the bus service is something that us Brits could learn from. 3 Euros gives you an all day ticket into Limassol town and beyond.
The entertainment at the hotel was a lovely girl singing from a Kareoke machine twice a week. She was great, but if you're looking to be entertained then you'll have to go outside. Pubs and Clubs aplenty and a reasonably priced 'Supermarket' 50 yards from the pool area.
There is a huge lounge area next to reception which we didn't use but lots of people did.
Also, I watched a kestral take a cicada from a tree not ten feet in front of me.
I'd go again.

Room Tip: High floor with a sea view. The lower balconies didn't get the sun due to the orientation of the...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank xandersgrampa

Reviewed June 18, 2012

had a very nice stay june 2012 at the navarria with the mrs and our nine year old son.
Room was adequate and clean, air con was lovely,
Pool area is fantastic, pool is 3 metres at the deep end and 1 metre shallow end, its also warm with anti slip green matting all round the edges.
Food is great we stayed half board and were not dissapointed with the choices.
Location is good only only a stones throw from the beach,supermarket and cheap bars, Hamlet pub sells Leon lager (v.nice) for 1.65 euros a pint all day, cocktails 1.75 from 8-10pm.
Limassol beaches are beautiful with nice soft sand and go on for miles the sea was cool and refreshing not too cold in june also the sea gets gently deeper so great for kids.
The road that must be crossed to get to the beach is very busy and can take a good few minutes to cross safely.
Limassol is very popular with russians i would say about 70 percent of the tourists are russian and I found them to be a bit rude they wont make eye contact and push in front of you at every opportunity they do not mix well at all, even the children dont mix with english kids but saying that they are not in your face and rowdy.
Overall we had a great time.

Room Tip: get a pool view and make sure air con works or else you will cook.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Peter J
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed here 2 years ago and ir was okay but this time it has gone down. The rooms need re decorating and general work doing. ie. We had to push card into the gape of the main door to stop it rattling, door to the bathroom/toilet did not shut properly either. It say's it is air conditioned but it does not tell you it is seasonal. Summer starts thre from June. We were threr May 13th - 20th and it was 29f - 30f . You could not sleep with the door open for thr traffic noise. I must say when they have the air con on it is great but we did not have it this time. My husband was unfortunate to pick the bed with bed bugs . the lifts still have a mind of their own. Food untill my husband complained was cold and so were the plates.. When he complained about the food he was told they like it cold. We will not be going back to this Hotel. Be warned.

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel till this has ahde some work done.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Janet W
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Just back from this hotel and i was pleasntly surprised, it has a lovely big pool area with plenty of sun loungers and the pool was great for cooling off and having a good swim. The room was basic but spotless and cleaned every day, we found the food good with plenty of variety mornings you had cereals and a choice of cooked food i.e eggs, bacon, sausage etc. The hotel had very limited entertainment but there are lots of pubs & clubs close bye we liked a bar called the hamlet just 2 mins away which was very cheap for drinks. The local buses run up & down limassol all day & you can bye an all day ticket for 3 euro if you want to see the shops. All in all we had a great holiday and would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool room veiw
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank happyhols043
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I are going back to the Navarria for the 3rd time. We had two birthdays there. I don't know where the derilict site is. It's very clean and friendly and the breakfasts are very good. The staff are very friendly and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
17  Thank BlodynNorthWales
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I stayed here for 3 weeks with a group of friends in June 2010 when I got a job in Limmasol and needed somewhere to stay before finding a permanent residence. I was half board (breakfast and dinner). I found the hotel to be exactly what i would have expected of a 3* hotel: average. There were no real bad points, a few of the staff weren't as helpful as they could have been, they close the pool quite early and have no lifeguard throughout the day, and the food is quite similar each night. Other than that, it is very close to the beach, has a supermarket next to it and the sports bar around the corner is superb for cheap drinks and friendly people. If you want luxury I wouldn't go for it, but if you just need a hotel to sleep in while you enjoy the rest of your holiday then it's a good choice.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
8  Thank CharleyP1991
Reviewed October 23, 2011

the hotel is not in a derelict area. the rooms are clean and the food i found to be great. if you want to live on a british diet of fish and chipsthen there is pleanty of that in the nearby bars. the staff were always helpfull which is little can be said for the tour rep.
health club for guests is also cheap. the bus that gos up and down limassol is great only 2 euros for an all day ticket. don't be put off by the rep as she will get you to buy the excursions. you can go to pafos for 5 euro return on the 123 bus from the old port. be aware the lace that is sold in the village lefkana lace can also be found in the big towns as well as the airport.
for the price you pay it is a great hotel. if you want 5star then go to the four seasons and stop moaning people want five star service for a 2star price get overyourselves.

Room Tip: pool side has nice view
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family