WINNER WONDERLAND

“Overall it was good although a bit expensive for what it was.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Atlantica Miramare Beach

Atlantica Miramare Beach
Ranked #12 of 58 Hotels in Limassol
“Overall it was good although a bit expensive for what it was.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

The location is about 1.5 hours stroll to the old town however it is only about a 2 min walk to the tourist area which has a whole host of bars, restaurants and American chains.

The food was on the whole good for a buffet restaurant but could have been improved by waiting staff refilling empty wine glasses etc.

Also watch out at the main bar. As the night goes on your spirits in your cocktail will be halved so I would advise to go onto the wine or beer. Both local wine and beer excellent.

The adult pool is excellent and there really are plenty of sun loungers. We had the same two the whole time we were there.

Limassol itself seems a bit run down but maybe it was the time of year. They are making some improvements along the sea front so maybe it will be nicer when finished.

The entertainment was a bit average. A live band every night instead of a disco would have been much classier especially at aged 40 we were one of the younger couples in the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Just checked out of this hotel after a wonderfully lazy two weeks, and that includes my wedding in between. There was a real calm and relaxed atmosphere to the day and that was helped incredibly by all the staff and wedding planners. The hotel itself is immaculately clean, and we welcomed to an upgraded room with terraced jacuzzi and a bottle of red wine with a sea view. The food is unbelievable, which was very welcome due to being all inclusive, and any worries were dissolved straight away at the first morning at breakfast. The cuisine really caters for everyone, continental breakfasts, cooked breakfast, pastries, fruits, breads, you name it, and to a very high standard. The same can be said for lunches and evening dinners, huge selection which doesn't get repetitive, there's something for even the fussiest of eaters. The entertainment is mostly of a higher standard than your usual holiday hotel fare, with a very impressive fire show and acrobatics thrown in, and the drinks (served by Yannis particular) were also very good. Can't offer enough thanks to this hotel for making my wife's day so memorable, all our party had an amazing time and very sad to go home after loads of champagne, we had two birthdays also during our stay which were noted with a bottle of bubbly on the house. Had to laugh at one review saying there were too many ships out at sea.. take off the blinkers, some people moan about anything but theres nothing to moan about. I don't normally do reviews but this hotel is incredible. We will return..

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Gavin B
southend
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed here from 17th to 24th October. We booked through Thomson and had the most wonderful relaxing holiday. Our room was clean and very spacious with a welclome gift of red wine, fruit and a bottle of water I think we were upgraded from a standard room. We had an excellent welcome on arrival (we were actually the only people arriving at that particular time). We booked half board as we didn't want to feel restricted to staying at the hotel all the time. There were some really nice, unexpected touches made by the Hotel which were very much appreciated and I am sure would encourage return visits: we were offered either a free massage or a fish pedicure on one day (the invitation was slipped under the bedroom door). Half way through out holiday it was my husband's birthday and when we returned to our room after our day by the pool we had been left a bottle of champagne and a delicious birthday cake with their compliments and best wishes. The bar staff were really friendly and gave us a complimentary drink for my husband's Birthday. Later in the week we had an invitation to a six course Gala Dinner with champagne and wine. Apparenlty they do this every Tuesday evening for guests who have booked through Thomson. We were leaving on the following day so this was a really lovely way to spend our last evening at this lovely hotel.
We got the bus a few times and at just one euro each way it's a bargain. We just got off at various different places on the route to have a look round.
Would recommend the Hagen Daaz ice cream parlour which is a short walk from the hotel (turn right when you get on to the man road). The menu is a book!
At the time we were there it seemed quite quiet although staff said the hotel was full. There was absolutely no problem getting a sunbed on any day.
I only have two little negatives but they did not affect our enjoyment at all. One, the food was not very hot and sometimes the meat a bit tough and two the shower was not very powerful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
constanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

i've been few days ,just business trip. Hotel is suited for holiday / vacation . I've seen happy people :) . Breakfast and desk service is good. Hotel clean and well maintened . The beach in front of hotel very small and rocks in the water. Pool very nice,,Wireless only in the lobby, cable in the room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Miramare hotel in July 2012 and we honestly can't fault it.
We booked with Thomson platinum.
We arrived close to midnight slightly dehydrated and peckish but from previously staying at all inclusive hotels we were not expecting any food to be waiting for us but was we surprised!! After a friendly welcome and being upgraded to a sea-view room free of charge!!, we were then shown to our stunning room with a huge platter of cheeses, meats and fruit, a bottle of wine and water! I think this was a great touch.
If you are looking for a hotel where you can just relax and enjoy a bit of luxury then the miramare is for you. If you want to explore the town and don't like sitting still then this wouldn't be perfect as it isn't local to many attractions. However, you didn't need to. We spent all seven days in the hotels complex. It's on a beach which has water sport activities plus two large pools, two shops, two restaurants. There's plenty of things to do just in one resort!
The food was amazing at all times of the day and there is a great variety.
Drinks at the bar in the daytime are amazing. wide choice of cocktails and milkshakes - yummy!
Staff very friendly and welcoming. The manager even booked us in for a free massage at the spa!
Evening entertainment was good. I found the magician/comedian the best. Very funny evening.
I think this hotel is great and I would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brooke g
Haywards Heath
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

My partner and I stayed in this hotel for 5 days in September 2012 along with a few other family members. I was a little nervous about staying here after reading some of the reviews but I'm pleased to say that the hotel exceeded my expectations.
The hotel grounds and facilities are excellent. There is a pool with a bar in it which was fun but we didn't use this pool very much as it was quite loud with a lot of children around the area. There is also an adults only pool which is a really good size with a large deep end. The pool was also extremely clean. There are plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas round both pools and there are also plenty of sunbeds facing the sea. The beach is ok...the sand is black and the sea was quite cold but the beaches really aren't great in Limassol. If you are looking for a nice beach near Limassol Kourion beach is only a short drive away.
We were half board at the Atlantica Miramare and I have to say the food is better than I expected. The breakfasts were amazing with plenty of choice (breads, cereals, fruit, pancakes, cooked food, cheese and meat etc). The dinners were nice - plenty of choice but perhaps a little repetitive. The desserts were a bit boring - plenty of mousse cakes but then again, these do seem popular in Cyprus!
I've noticed some of the reviews comment on there being a lot of different nationalities at the hotel. This is true but it didn't cause any problems! Also, I visited a couple of hotels in Limassol during my stay and there were a lot fewer English people at these other hotels...
The hotel is within walking distance of a few restaurants, bars, a Starbucks, little supermarkets and bakeries etc which was nice..Limassol is a bit run-down but I never felt unsafe walking around at night.
There is nightly entertainment at the hotel including short performances and discos...it was too cheesy for my liking but some people would enjoy it.
The drinks at the hotel weren't cheap - around 3 euros for a beer or 4/5 for a spirit and bottle of soft drink. I think if you are planning on drinking a lot, it is worth going all-inclusive (I think you can do an all-inclusive drinks package for 20 euros a day for your whole stay).
We went for a double room which was large and clean. My only problem was that the room smelt of cigarette smoke. Some of my other family members also had the same problem with their rooms. I think that the smoke gets in the furniture and walls. You get used to it but I don't think you should have to....this may put some people off.
Overall, I'd definitely recommend the hotel if you're after a relaxing holiday!

Room Tip: Our room was at the front of the hotel and was nice and quiet! We got a good deal on this hotel via...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

I didn't have the opportunity to stay at Atlantica Miramare Beach Hotel, as it was considered too expensive by my organization, for my business trip to Limassol. However, since our project meeting took place in this hotel, we had the luck to have lunch at the hotel's restaurant for 4 days in a row.
The buffet was really rich in variety, quantities and flavours. Everything that I have tasted (a little bit of everything) was really nice, tasty and light. There was also an excellent selection of sweets/desserts and fruits, as well as coffee from a coffee machine. Since the meals were paid by the organizers I am not sure about the cost of each lunch, but I am pretty sure that it deserved every last penny of it!
The staff was really kind and ready to take orders for our drinks etc.

Bonus: After having lunch, we also had the opportunity to use the lobby's free wifi, since our 4-star hotel was asking for 5 euros per hour!

Room Tip: We didn't actually stay there but we heard that the rooms were more or less pretty nice!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business