“spa massage at Elias Beach Hotel”
Review of Elias Beach Hotel

Elias Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Lebanon
“spa massage at Elias Beach Hotel”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have to say it was one of the best massages I have ever had. Renata is simply wonderful. She is very skilled and the one hour aromatherapy treatment I got exceeded my expectation. The fee is reasonable and the spa is quite luxurious. Highly recommended

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Excellent everything, we stay there whenever we are in Limassol as it offers a good location and value for money. We got free upgrades for our room and the most amazing/complete breakfast (international menu as well as traditional Cypriot foods) according to our opinion. Staff is extremely helpful as well, especially Ms Nicki :)Would definitely recommend for anyone :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Anvil V
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed at the Elias Beach from 2 July - 9 July and held our wedding at the sunset pier on 2 July. Several of our guests also stayed at the hotel from 29 June - 6 July. The hotel was excellent in all aspects so for the purposes of this review I shall break it down into sections.

Rooms & Check In

My parents checked in for us as my husband and I were busy preparing ourselves for the wedding. Myself at home, in a little village just outside Limassol and my Husband in his parents room. However I have been told that check in was swift and simple.

We stayed in room 222 which is a honeymoon suite. This room was beautiful, with an excellent view overlooking the pool and out over the sea. The room had a double bed, lounge area (with flat screen TV), small table and a bathroom that was out of this world, including a walk in shower and Jacuzzi bath. There were a couple of stains on the carpet which could do with a good clean, but the room was clean and tidy and we even had a bottle of champagne waiting for us. The only slight downside to the room is it is very close to the lifts and we were woken early each day by the sound of the motor running, not a major problem as we like to get up early but it might annoy some. The room comes with a small fridge that was stocked with a couple of bottles of water, some juices and a couple of fizzy drinks. This is not replenished but we made use of it by bringing up a couple of water bottles each night to put in it.

My husband's parents and brother stayed in a family room which had a separate area which could be turned into a second bedroom. The only slight problem they had is when the doors were closed to the separate area, the air conditioning could not reach it, so it was quite a hot sweaty sleep, again not a major issue, but something to be aware of. The room also had a TV and small fridge.

We stayed at the hotel on an all inclusive basis and were not disappointed by the food available. I am a vegetarian and have in some hotels struggled to find different food to eat each day, but this was not a problem at the Elias. Breakfast included a full range of options, cooked breakfast, croissants, fruit and toast. My only criticism would be could the glasses for orange juice be a bit bigger because after a night on the hotel's cocktails (I'll get to those later!), you definitely need a big glass of something to set you up for the day. Lunch again offered a wide variety of options and for those wanting something a little lighter you can get sandwiches and salads from the pool bar. The vegetarian options at the pool bar were limited, there being only one sandwich and one salad suitable, so for the most part I took lunch at the flavours restaurant. Dinner is themed every night, whilst we stayed we had Cypriot Meze night, BBQ night, Oriental night and Italian night. There is always an option to suit everyone and kids staples such as nuggets and chips are always available. The hotel has a Japanese restaurant which you can go to during your stay and also the Blue Paradise restaurant near the beach. We did not attend the Japanese restaurant, but we did hold our wedding reception at Blue Paradise so I will review that separately.

Drinks

The amount of drinks available on the all inclusive package is vast. The cocktail menu is varied and we took great pleasure in sampling all the different offerings. Coffee, tea, water, soft drinks are also available. One of my great Cyprus favourites, the frappe, however was not available on the all inclusive which I was a little disappointed in, but it was no great problem. Drinks could be got from either the Mocha Bar, adjacent to the reception, the Havana Club, on the lower level or the pool bar.

Facilities

We really only took advantage of the hotel pool and the private beach. However the hotel does also have a gym, indoor pool and spa. The outdoor pool was clean and there were always sunbeds available. One towel per guest, per day is provided by the hotel. The beach was clean and tidy. WiFi is available by getting a pin number from reception. However the range on this was very limited. I was only able to connect to it on our room balcony and in the reception area and Mocha Bar. Once you were by the pool I could not get the signal. I could easily pick up the signal from the hotel next door though so maybe the Elias could think about upgrading the WiFi. It's not a huge problem when you are on holiday but if you eagerly want to share wedding photos with friends or save on message charges it is useful.

Entertainment

It's been said over and over again on previous reviews but the entertainments team at this hotel are exceptional. They work incredibly hard and are all amazingly talented. The entertainment has something for everyone, and even though we weren't travelling with children we enjoyed some of the regular features like Gigi the giraffe who made an appearance at the pool just before lunchtime everyday. Daytime activities included archery, beach volleyball, aqua zumba and shuffle board to name a few. The evening entertainment included children's discos, bingo, quizzes and some fantastic shows, put on by either the entertainments team, outside entertainers or a combination of the two. Most of the entertainment took place in the Havana Club, but if you wanted a more relaxed or quieter evening you could head to the Mocha bar where several nights there was a musician playing the piano.

Surrounding area

The Elias is situated about 10km from central Limassol. There is a bus that goes up and down the seafront all day, which if fully air conditioned. If you are wanting to do a bit more exploring I would recommend hiring a car. In the immediate vicinity of the hotel there are a couple of pubs and several restaurants. We only frequented one, Chesters, which we would head over to when the all inclusive finished at the hotel at 11. On the beach side there is a path that runs along the front that makes for a lovely walk in either direction.

The Wedding

We held our wedding ceremony on the sunset pier and the reception at the Blue Paradise restaurant. Vicki, the hotel wedding coordinator, should be commeded for her hard work and attention to detail. She really made the whole process so simple. As we were not staying at the hotel until after we were married there we put our trust to Vicki to have everything perfect for when we arrived. The pier was beautifully decorated and our chosen music played for me to walk down the aisle to. The hotel provided champagne for us to have on the pier whilst we cut our cake and had some photos taken. The pier is an absolutely beautiful setting and a complete one off. You will not be disappointed if you have chosen to get married here. The reception at Blue Paradise was incredible. The staff were so attentive and I don't think at any point there was an empty glass on the table. The staff had taken the decorations I had brought and made the whole area look beautiful. The food was out of this world and certainly worthy of some kind of award. Our whole wedding day was more than we could have dreamed of and the Elias Beach must be commended for their efforts. It should also be mentioned that unlike some other hotels in Cyprus the Elias only holds a maximum of 1 wedding per day (in our week there we saw 2 other weddings on the pier). This means you can be sure the day will be your own and you will receive all the attention and service you deserve. As part of the hotel's wedding service we received a complimentary champagne breakfast and a candlelit dinner. The champagne breakfast was amazing, I've never seen so much food! They even brought up our wedding flowers on the room service trolley which was a lovely touch. We had the candlelit dinner on our last night. We had our own specially decorated table set up next to the pool and our own personal waiter (Alex, who was lovely). We were served a special menu and the hotel had even made me my own special vegetarian menu. We had champagne and wine. It was a lovely finish to our honeymoon.

Check Out

We had a couple of problems checking out, as a result of some confusion between room charges from when some of our other guests had stayed at the hotel for only a couple of nights over the wedding, resulting in some additional charges being placed on our room. However once the management became involved this was promptly dealt with and the additional charges removed.

Staff

The staff at this hotel are all incredibly friendly and helpful. They helped with booking a large taxi for us to attend our Cypriot wedding reception and were always available to answer any questions we had about the wedding or the hotel facilities.They all work very hard, and even though they must see tons of couples married over the season they really made us feel special and as if we were the only ones.

Conclusion

I would definitely recommend this hotel to others, particularly those wanting to get married in Cyprus. It wouldn't take much in my opinion to fully bring this hotel up to 5* standard. The staff are already there and we definitely came away with the feeling of having stayed in a 5* establishment.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank teganpreston
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The hotel was not the largest on the strip but it had an appealing intimacy that made it endearing. The facilities were of a great standard, from the grand entrance to the beautiful pier on the private beach. The gym was a slight let down with minimal equipment but it was of a good quality if only they could improve the air conditioning to combat the Cypriote heat!
They have both an indoor and outdoor pool but we only used the latter as the weather was so great. It was popular but there were always sun beds available albeit further away from the pool.
The main restaurant had a variety of food each meal time from smoked salmon to greek salad and hog roast to paella-there was certainly something for everyone especially kids who had their own food area. Each night was themed although this was certainly stretched some nights!
There is an additional Greek restaurant on the beach which is definitely worth a visit but make sure you're hungry as they serve a lot of food over a number of courses.
The various bars are never too crowded and the cocktail menu in particular is extensive. Every drink is made with love, whether it's at the pool bar at lunch time or on the balcony bar at sunset.
Generally the staff are very friendly and accommodating. We had an issue with our shower and the reception staff insisted on fixing it immediately although we explained that we wouldn't need to use it again until the following day.
The kids entertainment was fantastic and the staff were very entertaining. There is a sign in and out system which gives a degree of security that children can't simply walk off although the main area is within sight of the pool sun beds. Activities ranged in the day from treasure hunts and t-shirt decorating to discos and games in the evenings.
We can't really comment on the entertainment as we didn't partake but the live music in the upstairs bar was fantastic and varied. Although the pool bar snacks are limited to dubiously fresh sandwiches the bar snacks of crisps and nuts are much more satisfying.
The rooms were of a decent standard but weren't the most spacious (although we opted for a family room). There is limited storage space and if in the company of children be aware of the adult channels which just pop up when scrolling through!
Overall we had an amazing holiday aided by plenty of sunshine and probably one to many cocktails. We would recommend this hotel as a strong 4 star which great potential to be more.

Room Tip: The hotel is a little distance from Limassol city and certainly not walkable. However there is a reg...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tinewolf9
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Truly Remarkable!!

Words can not really express how pleased & grateful we are to Elias Beach Hotel, especially to the Wedding & Events Team. The Wedding team, specifically Ms. Viki & Mr. Demetrias made our special day so magical & memorable for us, our families & friends.

Nevertheless, I'll try to express a few words into 2 main points/facts: ;-)

1. Ms. Viki is such a sweet, kind & helpful individual that helped put our minds at ease for the preparations of our wedding day. She coordinated & perfected the venues so beautifully, especially the sunset pier & the actual sunset made it feel like a fairytale.

2. Mr. Demetrias was an absolute Godsend for all his attention to detail, guidance & support during our actual wedding & helped calmed our nerves! ;-) Demetrias & his staff went far beyond the extra mile to provide 6 star "Care" (not service) to us & our guests!! We really appreciate his efforts in making everything just perfect & wonderful for us!

We could not have selected a more beautiful location/venue despite the # of venue I personally had reviewed in Cyprus, Lebanon & even Dubai before selecting Elias Beach Hotel, Cyprus! ;-)

Big thanks & gratitude to all the staff that helped in making this a very special & memorable day for us!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank jcleave
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We arrived at the hotel on the 18th of June for two weeks a wedding party of ten .me and my wife to be hoping for a great time as us being the ones that picked this hotel.well how pleased we were with everything the service is the best I have ever had .I have been to lots of hotels and the service here beats the rest hands down.the food was fantastic everyone of the party said the same nothing was was too much trouble .the beach is great the photos don't do it justice the sea is very clean and warm great to swim in the swimming pools were great too.the entertainment team were very good and there were some good acts on.we had our wedding in a small village in Cyrus which was lovely and the reception at a wedding restaraunt over the road from the hotel it was awesome what a meal and the room was great just great .if you are thinking of getting married in Cyprus this hotel cannot be beat end of .also the weather was so good we hardly saw a cloud fond memories and we will come back defo

Room Tip: Sea view if possible the corner ones are big we had an end balcony with a very large balcony views...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank John T
Banbury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have just come back from a week holiday in Cyprus at this lovely hotel which was the place of my mums wedding. They catered for everything we could have asked for and more. The hotel itself was great and the food was gorgeous. the whole trip went amazingly. it is situated next to the beach so not far to walk and you are on the seafront with an outstanding view. But for me the entertainment team that were there (Rachel, Emily, Ella, Sam, Paris and Milena) topped the place off, always smiling always happy and always looking amazing and ready to take on the day. The entertainment that they all put on at night was great too, always including kids and adults in with the entertainment. The hotel was lovely but what made my holiday was definitely the fun and lively entertainment team. Thanks to all of you for making my week so worthwhile. from charlie

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family