We booked this hotel especially because we liked the layout of the deluxe family rooms, with a kids sleeping area (bunk beds) off the main bedroom. Having booked 6 months in advance and paid a premium for this room, we were hugely disappointed to arrive at 10.30pm and find that the room type was fully occupied. We were instead given a "superior" room, allegedly of the same value. The substitute room was in no way the same standard; a poor quality sofa bed for a child right next to the main bed, and poorly maintained furnishings throughout. We complained extensively, and the management gave us a suite from the next day onwards; the suite was very nice. The management team were attentive and did everything they could to put things right. Still, some basic errors in the hotel's room allocation that shouldn't have happened.
Overall the hotel was very nice. High standard of public areas, great pool, gardens and beach (not private) immediately outside the hotel. There is also a convenient bus stop for the bus into town and to the waterpark, and water sports on the neighbouring beach.There are lots of other families and children mix and play together well. The hotel staff were very friendly. There was a cocktail reception one night and various evening entertainments every night (a very good magician, can't vouch for the various singers). The hotel's own restaurants are ok, but slightly more expensive than those just outside the hotel. Across the road there is a cluster of restaurants and bars, so you needn't travel far for food and drinks (eg try Franx for a good value lunch).
All in all a good trip, and a hotel we would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- True hospitality has always been the fabric of the Mediterranean Beach Hotel, a superior 4-star resort situated on one of the most beautiful sandy beaches of Limassol. The Hotel's unique location provides all the advantages, including spectacular views of the island's southern coastline. Recently renovated extensively, the Mediterranean Beach Hotel welcomes guests to a warm and inspiring environment of aesthetic luxury and comfort. Hues of blue and white dominate the colour scheme, which is enhanced with natural wood and marble features.The hotel consists of 292 rooms and suites, which include Deluxe Inland or Sea View Rooms, Family Rooms with Inland, Pool or Sea View, Deluxe Family Rooms with Sea View, Superior Pool & Sea View Rooms (Adults Only), Luxury Studios Pool & Sea View (Adults Only), Areti Suite and the Aura Presidential Suite.All rooms and suites include an en-suite bathroom, a balcony or terrace, air-conditioning, central heating, direct dial telephone, LCD televisions with satellite channels, mini-bar, safe deposit box and a hair dryer. Additionally, Luxury Studios and Superior Rooms have Tea & Coffee making facilities and a trouser press. Luxury Studios, also have an I-pod docking stations with clock, alarm and radio.Free Wi-Fi internet is available in our lobbies and indoor bars and in all guest rooms at a cost. For all guests staying in the adults only, Superior Rooms and Luxury Studios, as well as the suites, the Wi-Fi service is FREE throughout the hotel.The property's extensive restaurant and bar selection comprises of the Nautica Bistro (May-Oct), the Celeste Restaurant (Nov-Apr) & Terrace (May-Oct), Ristorante Bacco, Shumi Sushi Bar and the Aquaria Restaurant. The bar selection includes Ouzeri Tis Myrtos (May-Oct), the Clouds Lounge Bar, the Blue Bar and the Lagoon Pool Bar (May-Oct).If relaxation is on the agenda, a visit to the Aquum Health Spa with a wide choice of treatments/programmes, using Babor products, is a must. There is an outdoor split-level outdoor pool, an indoor pool (heated in winter) and a children's splash pool. Other facilities include, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Steam-Bath, an aerobics/pilates studio, a fully equipped gym, one floodlit tennis court, table tennis & pool tables and an electronic games room. There are also a Water Sports and a Padi Diving Centre. For our young friends, there is the Angel's Kids Club (4-12 years) operating May-October, as well as Christmas, New Year's and Easter periods. Other children's facilities include a separate outdoor swimming pool, partly shaded to protect them from the sun, a playground, video games arcade and baby sitting on demand (additional cost).There are 4 championship standard golf courses, within a 35 minute drive from the hotel. Larnaca, as well as Paphos International Airports are just a 40 minutes drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, HostelWorld, Cancelon, Bookcyprus.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Mediterranean Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Mediterranean Beach
- Mediterranean Beach Limassol
- Mediterranean Beach Hotel Limassol