“Mediterranean Beach Hotel Review” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mediterranean Beach Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Mediterranean Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 57 Hotels in Limassol
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Mediterranean Beach Hotel Review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

Because a review of a hotel is always helpful, I am taking the opportunity to share with you my experience at Mediterranean Beach hotel in Limassol (Cyprus).
I am a regular customer of the hotel and I would like to say with confidence that is a very quiet and cosy hotel, geographically at very nice location near to the city and with many excellent amenities.
The quality of food and service is one of the most popular characteristics of the hotel and also the warm welcome of the staff and management it makes you feel like home.
Also the rooms are fantastic! Very clean spacious rooms with high quality of design and they have fabulous view of the marvellous sandy, clean beach which is only two minutes walk from the hotel.
Furthermore if you ask for some relaxation you can try with no doubts the magnificent spa of the hotel, the indoor swimming pool and of course the sauna and gym.
A big advantage of the hotel is that has a lot of space of parking, nice swimming pool and quality restaurants and shops inside the hotel.
Finally I strongly recommend you to visit the hotel, because believe me you will have very good time and rest at an excellent hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank pavlos k

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Czech first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Abu Dhabi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

This was my 3rd short break at the Mediterranean Beach this year, and I felt as comfortable and as well looked after as ever. The staff were very welcoming from the moment I arrived and attentive whenever I needed their assistance.

Breakfast is always a treat (love the variety of their buffet in the morning plus the fact that I never have to want for coffee thanks to the jugs that they provide on each table ....).

During this visit I was particularly pleased to find that the hotel has added a lovely outdoor seating area near the pool for diners of their Japanese and Italian restaurants. To my big surprise the hotel had even created a 'Shisha' corner since my previous visit - a nice touch for someone from my part of the world.

Other than this, I enjoy the hotel's leisure facilities, the Spa - and my long walks along the sea promenade. I definitely hope to return to the Mediterranean Beach!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

After staying at this hotel I realized that I am happy staying at this hotel with all the services, food, and the dance and parties down in the garden.
The staff was very friendly and over expectation.
The food is awesome.
The concierge employee was useful and helpful with all needs and plans.
The only weakest point is that the hotel is far away from city center and not many stores around it
Thanks

Room Tip: Sea view rooms in high levels
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jeddahboy
Newcastle upon Tyne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

This hotel has declined to unacceptable standards in the last few years. Dont get me wrong - my husband and I have been great supporters of the hotel having visited at least once or twice every year since it opened (20 years ago). Until recently we never considered alternative hotels in the area - the location is fabulous. In 2010 we noticed a significant decline in the hotel standards. Whilst the management have spent money refurbishing public areas the bathrooms in your room have not been touched for 20 years and are now tired and drab. We returned in September this year and had the worst check in experience ever! We were behind a group of Russian guests booking in and watched as the receptionists (3 of them) concentrated on these guests obviously taking time to explain all facilities, chatting, providing leaflets, brochures etc. Check in for each of these Russian couples took 10 minutes each as all receptionists concentrated on them. Finally the reception staff moved to the UK couples waiting patiently. Two receptionists disappeared to the top of the reception area to talk to other Russian couples. The remaining receptionist placed a check-in form in front of each of us and pointed and said "Complete" and left us to this while she joined her colleagues. She came back and demanded credit cards for 'extras'. The couple in front of us objected as they had not requested cards from Russian couples. The response was "But you have to - or we will hold your passport". She eventually backed down. Passed each of us room keys but made no effort whatsoever to check we knew where things were etc. Not even a "welcome or have a nice stay". During my check in she actually stopped dealing with me to serve another russian guest who barged in wanting change of 5 Euros. On our first day sunbathing we were told by gardeners we had to 'move' as they always cut the grass at this time. The 2nd day we were told to move again as gardeners wanted to water the grass. On every Friday/Saturday we had to move to make way for weddings! I appreciate that weddings are big business but the hotel needs to recognise that guests have also paid for the outdoor facilities! Despite my misgivings we returned for another holiday in November this year. Hotel reception was just as bad if not worse. Indifferent, miserable and totally unwelcoming receptionist whose scowl was accompanied by "Fill in form, here is your key, give me your credit card details". No please, thank you or heaven forbid "Welcome/enjoy/how can I help". Having tried to shower the water pressure was so low it took forever to rinse shampoo off. There has only been problems this year with water pressure so we raised it with Guest Services employee. The reason for low pressure was "you are on the 6th floor it takes time for it to get there" !! We pressed the complaint and the next day water pressure increased but within a couple of days was reduced again. Member of cleaning staff said management had reduced water pressure to try and reduce usage. By November we also notice that breakfast buffet had been reduced significantly - ie no scrambled eggs, no mushrooms/grilled tomatoes etc and the fruit juice had been watered down to point of transparency! We booked out at end of week one and moved to another hotel. The Mediterranean Hotel should be ashamed of its tactics re cutting standards whilst raising prices and it should hang its head in shame for the atrocious performance of its Reception staff. Their only saving grace were other staff such as Costas the porter or the Breakfast room staff who remain friendly and helpful and actually smile at customers. So after 20 years of custom we are giving up on this hotel.

Room Tip: Get sea view -But be warned they hold horrible cabaret acts which sound like bad karaoke and if you...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sandra H
ManagerMED, Director of Sales at Mediterranean Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Dear Reviewer,

Warm greetings to you from Limassol!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property, which for the best part we consider constructive and part of the on-going process of improving our service levels here at the Mediterranean Beach Hotel.

However, in view of your comments, I would like to clarify the following:

-Your arrival day during your visit in September was a Sunday, which happens to be the busiest arrivals and departures day for all nationalities visiting the hotel during this peak summer season period. The slight delay you may have experienced is regrettable, but not discriminatory in any way towards your good selves, or any other guests in the hotel.

-As a standard hotel policy, which is shared by most hotels globally, we require that all guests submit to us their credit card details upon checking-in to our property, so as to serve as a guarantee for the extras they may incur during their stay. In the unlikely event that a guest does not have, or does not wish us to have their credit card details, then the alternative is for a cash deposit, or voluntary submission of their passport. However, I would like to once again like to clarify that this policy applies to all guests, and in no way do we discriminate in any way.

-While taking into consideration that a hotel operates on a 24 hourly basis, it is always a great challenge for the management to find the correct time in which to cut the grass, without any disturbance to our guests. From the early morning, up until the mid-afternoon, it could be disturbing to our guests resting in their rooms, or sunbathing outdoors. Therefore, this task is normally taken out in the late afternoon, between 18:00-20:00 hours. Watering the grass is scheduled normally between 06:00-07:00 hours.

-As you can appreciate, weddings are a major source of income to the hotel industry as a whole, including our property. However, we do our utmost in order to limit these events down to one per week. It is only during exceptional circumstances that we may make an exception. In this case, the event held on the Friday, was a small closed wedding consisting of no more than 12 persons, hence the reason for accepting this in the first place.

-With regards to your unpleasant experience checking-in during your visit in November, please accept my sincere apologies for the ‘mechanical’ way in which you were dealt with. Certainly, this is not the way the member of staff in question was trained to deal with our guests, and this has already been pointed out to her, as we do not wish to have this repeated in the future.

-As far as the problem experienced with the water pressure in your shower is concerned, it seems that we did indeed have a problem on the sixth floor rooms for a few days, during the period in question. As you had initially requested for a room on a high floor, our options of re-allocating you with another room on a lower floor, during this busy period, where limited. Obviously, I would like to stress that this problem had nothing to do with the “management reducing water pressure to try and reduce usage”.

-Your statement “by November we also notice that breakfast buffet had been reduced significantly…”, is not consistent with the breakfast served at the hotel, at any time during the year. I can assure you that our high standards remained the same during the period in question, and this remark finds us very surprised indeed. What you must have noticed, is that certain items, are not placed on the breakfast buffet on a daily basis, so as to avoid repetition. However, at no point in time during the period of your last stay with us, was quantity, or quality for that matter, compromised.

-With reference to your statement “…horrible cabaret acts which sound like bad karaoke and if you get a room above the terrace you won’t sleep until the cabaret or the wedding party ends…”, I would like to clarify that our evening entertainment normally ends at 23:30 hours. As for the quality of this entertainment, and with all due respect to your personal opinion, I must state that from our guest questionnaire analysis, we are commended for providing our guests with this service in the evenings.

While, some of your comments were of a constructive nature, i.e. check-in procedure, and the water pressure issue, I cannot help but express my disappointment with the tone of your review, which totally levels out all the hard work put in at this hotel, i.e. the training of our staff, re-investing in the infrastructure, and setting standards in the levels of service far higher than its 4 star status. After all, this hotel’s slogan is “Where friendship begins…”, and we have made many friends over the past 20 years of its operation, your good selves amongst them, and for which we will be ever grateful for. As a matter of fact, our repeat guest ratio amounts to a highly respectable 30%.

In the meantime, should I be of any further assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me here at the hotel.

Thanking you in advance for your kind understanding with regards to all of the matters raised and subsequently addressed by myself.

Looking forward to having the opportunity to be of service to you once again in the not so distant future and assuring you of our best intentions at all times.

Kratinos Socratous
Lincoln
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband was here on business at the end of Sept and I was lucky enough to be able to go with him for 2 weeks.

This hotel is amazing. We had a beautiful sea view, the food was fantastic and all the staff were so friendly and always had a smile for you.

The grounds are beautiful and there was always somewhere to sit, we generally got one of the loungers which were on the grass just outside the hotel as I am not one for sitting around the pool.

The food was very good quality and the amount of choice was unbelieveable, as I said we stayed for 2 weeks and ate breakfast and dinner in the hotel everyday and we were never stuck for something different to eat whereas some hotels it can get a bit boring as they always have the same things on the menu. I think I probably came back home about 2 stone heavier lol.

The staff are very helpful, friendly and always spare the time to chat with you. Because this was the 5th time this year my husband had stayed he had got to know some of the staff quite well so it was nice for me to meet everyone. It was so nice staying somewhere where the staff were like this, there are far too many places nowadays where the staff are so miserable and unfriendly, here it is the total opposite, even the cleaners always spoke and smiled at us.

The room we had was quite near to the stage so if my husband was working late it meant I could sit on the balcony and still see and hear what was going on. The entertainment was very good although I would say that it is a little disappointing that when there is a wedding on, the hotel guests suffer because the entertainment is cancelled, and there is no warning of this which can be quite annoying if like me you are looking forward to listening to one of the singers. From what I can remember as well we also couldn't eat outside if there was a wedding on. Whether this happens in high season as well I'm not sure but I do think something should be changed.

There are 2 'happy hours' a night and I can recommend the cocktails hic hic !

The hotel is clean, modern and very relaxing. My husband has promised that he will take us back there for 2 weeks for our 10th wedding anniversary and I can't wait, we have a motorhome so don't really take holidays in a hotel now but I may even be able to persuade him to go back next year for a week, fingers crossed lol.

All in all I would definitely, definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Stunning views, fantastic food, friendly staff and beautiful Cypriot weather, what more could you wish for, don't even think about it - book it now !!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

We spent a week in Limassol in September 2011 and enjoyed our stay at Mediterranean Beach hotel. It was exactly what we needed. What a nice place to be! Attention to detail was part of our daily stay. Fabulous sea view room and wonderful gardens around the hotel. Excellent service, welcoming, helpful and friendly staff (from the senior manager donwards! we even make some friends there) and the food in the restaurant was incredible ! Probably the best sushi i have ever eaten! Definetely a place to be if you are visiting Cyprus!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

You can not fault this hotel for its cleanliness, comfort and its chic & modern feel. We first came here nine years ago and although we thought the hotel was wonderful then we are truely wow'd by the modernisation over the years. The hotel gets better each time we come!

Our one little concern, is since Cyprus changed currency to the Euro the prices have rocketed.
For a plastic cup of coca-cola at the hotel pool bar will set you back €6, which is over £5. If you pop over to the shops you can pick up a small bottle for €1.20. However, the Hotel do have two Happy Hours, one at 6-7pm & 10-11pm, which were very popular. We took full advantage of this whilst watching the evening entertainment on some nights.

The whole of Cyprus seems to be expensive including the restaurants not just the hotel. Don't let the expense put you off as the area 'Limassol' and this hotel are perfect for a relaxing holiday.