Atlantica Oasis Hotel
$110
$94
Cancelon
2,376 results
All reviewsnags headpirate shipmocha cakesandwichesmain poolentertainment teamadult barkids discothe main hotelwater volleyballgreat holidaybar managersurf and turfevening entertainmentroom numbera la carteplenty of choice
Reviewed June 14, 2010

I have not been away for a holiday in a long time (over 5 years!), my best friend was getting married in the Atlantica gardens and he has 3 children with his now wife, I was very impressed with the whole Hotel from food (not one bad meal in 2 weeks!!) to entertainment, I was kind of stuck in the hotel because of the all inclusive option for the families that I was with, but what made it enjoyable was the entertainment staff, they put far more effort than was necessary and made us all feel so welcome that I myself at 33 years old and not a kid had a great experience, each day they would be at the pool checking how we were and organizing activities with me myself not wanting to participate, but eventually getting persuaded by the entertainers to have a go and finally thoroughly enjoying it, even getting a certificate (very proud to be up on stage), my confidence has grown with there help, it has made me want this same type of vacation next year, I write this in the hope to get the same type of welcoming and enthusiastic entertainment staff in the future and on behalf of the kids that were with us they really enjoyed the whole 2 weeks thanks to the commitment of the entertainers (meant we as adults could enjoy the activities with all our group)....ooh! and we even played the kids dance song (the bomba! that we would dance to each night with the kids) at the wedding reception in the UK, we all had an unforgettable experience, honestly a really great time to look back on in the future, such a special wedding holiday that I am privileged to have been part of, I would recommend this Hotel and staff to anyone looking for a fun packed and caring break, thanks again entertainers, you all work very hard, keep the good work up!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I stayed at the Atlantica Oasis with my husband and 4 year old son from 2nd to 9th June on an AI basis and we had a wonderful time. Don’t be put off by the bad reviews on here - people will always find something to complain about but on the whole everyone we met were more than happy with the hotel.

We had a 4 ½ hour delay which wasn’t the best start to our holiday but the check-in at the hotel was swift and we were in our room quickly. The room was quite large with a double bed & single bed - the bathroom was small but adequate. The shower wasn’t very powerful but there was always hot water so no real problem. The rooms were spotlessly clean and we had a pool view room at the end of the second floor corridor & were very happy with the room.

The pool area was quite large and had something for everyone - we didn’t venture to the adult pool but it was well away from the main pool so I can only presume it was nice & quiet. There was an indoor pool which was downstairs by the spa - it had a glass roof so always seemed inviting - there was a Jacuzzi & spa/sauna as well. The main pool had organised activities during the day but there was no pressure to take part. There was a round children’s pool which was quite shallow. The other children’s pool was centred around a pirate ship with 2 slides and various other water features - the water was very shallow and even small children were perfectly safe in the water - yes it was slippery but what pool isn’t?! A lot of the children wore crocs or beach shoes which stopped them from slipping - just a bit of common sense really! The pool bar was well staffed & was open until 6pm - drinks & ice creams aplenty!

There was a playground area across the road at the Atlantica Gardens which had a pirate ship climbing/activity area and another area with slides & climbing frames. We tended to go over there about 4.30-5.00pm when it had cooled down a bit and the play area was in the shade - I’m not sure how hot it would have been there earlier.

The restaurant was excellent - I’ve read a number of reviews on here which wasn’t very complimentary about the food and I’m beginning to think they weren’t at the same hotel as us! We’ve travelled extensively and stayed in 5 star hotels and had a lot of previous experience of AI hotels - I wouldn’t go as far as saying this was the best I’ve ever been to but it certainly wasn’t the worst! The breakfasts were excellent - always plenty of fruit, cereals, pastries, cooked food & pancakes - definitely something for everyone. Lunch & dinner always had a varied selection of salads, cooked meats, pasta, rice, vegetarian options - I am sure even the fussiest of eaters could have found something they liked. There was a kids area at dinner serving various dishes like burgers, chicken nuggets, hot dogs etc so if that’s the type of food your kids like they won’t be disappointed! Desserts were lovely & our son loved the chocolate ice cream! Drinks & cocktails from the bar were good & there was plenty of choice. I’m glad we went AI though as €2.50 for a soft drink & €5.00 for a cocktail could soon mount up!

Our son enjoyed the kids disco which was held every night & we watched some of the shows afterwards. They are not the best in the world but if you want Las Vegas standard shows - go to Las Vegas! The entertainment staff work very hard and are always smiling - they are by the pool during the day and meet & greet by the restaurant on an evening before they do their shows. Their enthusiasm makes up for the standard of the show. The outside cinema was a good idea and they tried to show a mixture of films. Although there is an adult only bar - you can sit outside it with children & be waiter served so that was good for us - but at least adults who didn’t want to be bothered by children also had somewhere to go to relax.

I can’t comment on the area as we went for a week of R&R and didn’t feel the need to leave the hotel - we’d seen from previous reviews that the beach was nothing to write home about so didn’t bother going.

A lot of previous reviews said that the rooms in the Garden block were not to the same standard of the hotel - we met a lady staying in the Gardens who said the Studios & 1 bed appts have recently been refurbished to the same standard as the hotel but not the 2 bed appts.

We had a couple of niggles but certainly nothing to spoil our holiday - tea/coffee making facilities in the room as standard would have been good - as it was we booked upgrade package 4 which gave us these facilities with the safety deposit box & an added bonus of fruit /wine so we were happy!

All in all we had a very relaxing holiday which was what we wanted - we feel the hotel lived up to our expectations and was good value for money. I would have no hesitation in going back to the hotel - for young families it has everything you need.

If anyone has any questions about the hotel - feel free to ask.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank EAWBradford
Reviewed June 9, 2010

The hotel is spacious and well presented. The staff, on the whole, were helpful and friendly. The food in the main dining room was excellent with a good choice of different dishes. The pool areas are large with plenty of sunbeds. There is an adults only pool and we found we had to grab a sunbed early or they were all gone. We chose the all inclusive option as I read a comment on Trip Adviser before we went about the surrounding area. On offer is a complementary night at the A La Carte restaurant in the hotel but we tried to book the day after we arrived [as we arrived after midnight] and there were no places available. When we arrived after midnight there was a skeleton staff on and they were not very helpful. We had problems finding our room and getting the electronic key to work! Took a number 30 bus to old Limassol and it is much prettier, with a park and nice beaches. Also did a trip to Nicosia which we found very interesting.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2010

We stayed at the Atlantica Oasis last week of May and the hotel itself was alright, the rooms were modern and had all the facilities required. (beware the floors are really slippy). As being an adult only group we did want to use the adult pool, but most days the beds had all been taken at about 7:30am. I think the British have picked up habbits and they hogged the beds with towels even though there were no people? Very frustrating. Umbrellas were few and far between the ones that were available were broken, but we eventually found a tree around the main pool. The restaurant food was great, plenty to choose from and we were able to get the local dishes as well.
The beaches were good, but they are all dark sand, but if you go to the main road and take a left walk for about 10mins you will come to the board walk which is where I went running on a few days, this was really pretty and relaxing, there were plenty of beds and umbrellas to choose from. We also walked this at night too which was nice. If you go to the old town there is also a nice walk along the board walk but as discovered it is best to get the bus 3euro50 to get there. The main drag is full of shops and bars. We personally would not return to Limassol as it lacked tradition for us, but its great for families. There are lots of British pubs (which I hate) but they seemed to be what the people wanted as they all had a few in. But its what floats your boat I guess.
Would I go back - probably not but we didn't see much of the Island as we wanted a bit of sun and a good book which is what this offered.
Would I recommend - I would to my families with young kids - this hotel is awsome for them.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tiff25
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Have just returned from a two week break at this hotel and wishing it could have been three! We stayed in adjoining rooms with our three girls aged 10, 7 and 2 years which felt luxurious as we had so much space. The rooms themselves were large and decorated in a modern, neutral style and were very comfortable...there was plenty of storage for all our things; the bathrooms were a good size too, with wooden and marble touches. Our rooms faced the front of the hotel with not much of a view to speak of and on the second floor. Consequently, the noise from coaches pulling in was a bit of a nuisance but you are set back from the main road, away from the beach and so no noise from any clubs or bars of which there are many. Had we been on a higher floor, (there are six) it would have been positively peaceful. The lack of ocean view as well as no tea/coffee making facilities or room service were minor disappointments. Time in the room was spent getting ready for breakfast, getting ready for the pool, getting ready for dinner so the size of the rooms was much more appreciated, as was cbeebies on the telly with the two-year-old!
The facilities were good; the pool was stunning and really well designed with a fab oasis of tropical palms separating the shallow side from the deep. There was a bridge across it, fountains and a separate children's pool with a superb 'ship' that kids can clamber on, water squirters, slides and a shallow side that tiny tots can paddle around in for hours. The only downside here was the noise and sometimes the smell of traffic fumes from passing vehicles, being inland, the hotel suffered a little from not providing a serene poolside environment that a beachfront place would offer. However, none of the rest of my family could've cared less if they heard a truck go by; we felt the holiday was great value we did not have an expectation that all would be perfect.... The indoor pool was lovely too, there's a jacuzzi beside it as well as a steam room and sauna nearby. These are on the basement level but the indoor pool benefits from some sunshine as the roof is clear so it's great to have the sky above to look at. The spa was on this level too & looked to be offering lot's of lovely treatments, none of which I had the privilege of experiencing myself...maybe next time. Hairdressers and gym here too, hubbie used the gym several times and was impressed with equipment. A welcome surprise was the outdoor cinema in the evening which kept us all together and entertained with a good selection of movies. Only one night was a bit chilly & though not all movies were great choices for young kids, most of the little ones spent the evening running around adjacent to the screen so within sight. This area was near the bar which was a swanky place, busy with those lucky enough to be without kids, there was live music here a couple of nights a week. There's also a ballroom in the basement which hosted the kids disco, good fun though not something my lot wanted to do more than once. The Thompson staff laying on the disco, keeping people active by the pool (aqua aerobics, water polo etc) and running the kids club (over 3's) were all a friendly, enthusiastic bunch that did a great job. The hotel staff were friendly and welcoming, all interested in providing a good experience and keen to please. They got us a travel cot set up in a jiffy and fixed our bathroom sink, which wouldn't drain, in a heartbeat...and with a smile!
The buffet food was of a good standard, plentiful and varied, a great effort was made to cater for many tastes. We were half-board so sometimes ate lunch and sometimes ate dinner but all of us, and we all have different taste, found something tasty to eat. The kids loved pancakes for breakfast with chocolate spread, hubbie & I liked the huge salad bar and amazing water-melon.
The other guests were a mixed bunch, plenty of other wonderful Brits from all over, a fair few Russians and variety of age groups too. A mixture of families, some with kids and some with kids an grandparents. Couples young and old, the hotel catered well for all of these groups. In all, a very pleasant stay, with lot's of fun times had and very happy memories.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family