“Love GrandResort!!!”
Review of GrandResort

GrandResort
Ranked #13 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Reviewed June 27, 2010

The weather in Cyprus is very good at any time. We choose GrandResort because of nice location (quiet, not noisy and not like in the centre of Limassol), nice review. We were excited how amazing resort is! We liked everything: perfect beach, beautiful palms, very clean and comfortuble rooms and very tasty food. When we arrived to the resort in the room, bottle of wine was waiting for us. In the resort are absolutly new gym and Spa.
There are seven restaurants and three very nice bars! Every evening in the restaurant, is playing live music. The food is prefect and cheaffe have introduced different kitchens: greek, italian, japanese and international. Me and my husband loved very much GrandResort and we were like to go there again! :)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for GrandResort

Reviewed June 19, 2010

Me and my Wife had to take a brief business trip to Cyprus for just under a week. We were recommended to stay at the Grand Resort. After going to there website it and seemed to be very accommodating 5 star resort. However the entire experience was frustrating at best. The Hotel doesn't feel streamlined or well thought out. More like a bunch or random ideas, designs, and marketing gimmicks to keep your bill climbing well after you book your room.

"FULL BOARD"
While their site is nice looking, it over sells the resort completely. Me and my wife are from America and we haven't come across "Full Board" bookings before. The website offered no information on what "Full Board" covers, or explains how it works. I e-mailed customer service but received no reply. Our travel Coordinator explained to us that it's basically three square meals a day as part of the cost of booking. Since they offered such a diverse array of restaurants, we figured would enjoy them. Unfortunately they dont run all of the restaurants simultaneously. In fact, most of the day they only have one restaurant operating at a time; and only for about 3-4 hours. The biggest problem is that Full Board bookings don't cover drinks. Look forward to paying between 10-20 euros for two people to just drink soda and water at each meal!

The Website claims to have 6 restaurants. They are more like staging locations for where they serve the buffet. The only exception to this is the Tempanyaki and Sushi Restaurants. Those are only open for dinner and are not covered under Full Board bookings either. The Athena was where we had breakfast. It was delicious. How ironic is it that the best meal they have available is the one that comes free with the cheapest booking?

The other meals were served at the Kyma which is outside near the pool and the beach. The environment was nice however Dinner was just okay, and lunch was almost uneatable. I would recommend you save your money and just book under the "bed and breakfast" rates. Full Board booking will run you about 100 extra euros a day, on top of the room rate, for two people. thats a lot of money for poor quality food and no drinks.

"CLEANLINESS & GROUNDS"
Probably the only thing that the Grand Resort does right from start to finish, is its cleanliness and lush grounds. Over all the hotel is very very clean. Everywhere I went was completley free of dust or trash. Daily I noticed women moping the quite large open floors scattered around the hotel. The exterior grounds are also very well maintained and well thought out. Its unfortunate that its so humid and hot in Cyprus because unless you are swimming in the pool or in beach, you wont want to be outside to enjoy one of the strongpoints of this hotel.

"LOCATION"
This location frankly is horrible. Its in the middle of nowhere. With only a small handfull of restaurants across the street and about the same amount of quick markets, you wont find a whole lot to do near your hotel unless you have hundreds of Euros to waste on taxis. Your better off booking at a location near some shopping or sights to see in Limassol. The Mall in Cyprus offers a free shuttle from the street in front of the resort, We confirmed the shuttle location with the receptionist prior to waiting; however they drove right past me and my wife 5 late. They didn't stop anywhere near where we were, in fact I waved at the driver and to no avail he continued on down the road ending out shopping trip for the day.

"FIVE STARS?"
The Grand Resort use to be known as the " Hawaii Grand Hotel" which I assume went under. Like the resorts around it, they are older buildings. Again we are mislead from the website which claims to be newly renovated. The lobby has a 5 star appearance. But that is about where it ends. Other then maybe new carpet and paint, you get the feeling the hotel isnt much different then its predecessor. The rooms are very old looking. Cheap Painted furniture, old refrigerators that doubles as a"mini bar" which the hotel with charge you 30 euros extra if you remove the products stocked inside and try to chill your own. You get two twin beds pushed together to make a king and of course a giant old tube T.V. The Bathrooms were clean and updated. Tiled floor to ceiling with nice updated fixtures etc.

"$$$$$"
My experience with high class hotels is that they charge a considerable amount more money for the room but offer the guests a lot more free extras to try to make the customer feel accommodated or that there is more value for the price of admition. At the Grand Resort you find yourself constantly having to charge things to your room as "incidentals". Services which are made to be perceived as included. I needed internet to communicate with my associates so I checked the website to see if it was available and if so, where and what rooms etc... This is what the website states: " In all Guest rooms we offer Internet access through an Ethernet cable. We also offer wireless access in all public areas, pool area, meeting rooms and lobby area at a small charge." When I read that my assumption was that you had to pay only for WiFi access throughout the resort but access via your room would be included. That was not the case. you had to pay 15 euros a day to use it in the room.

The website also claims to have international television. we had a little over 10 channels that were free, anything else had to be charged as an incidental. Of the 10 or so channels only 2 were in English. Which I can understand. But dont tell the customer that you have international T.V. and boast at your selection when in reality your left with BBC news and an old Movie Channel.

Finally the peace de resitstance of confusion. When you walk into your room you find a bottle of wine on the table with two wine glasses. I couldn't help, but stop and think, "Is this wine free? There is a bottle of water right next to it that says 5.50. I have to pay for all of my drinks at the restaurant. I just found out I have pay more for internet. I have to pay more to eat sushi or Teppanyaki, and I have to pay more use the tv, surely the wine can't be free...right?" But of course defying any measurable quantity of logic.... the wine is indeed free.

"CONCLUSION"
While the Grand Resort does have nicely kept grounds, a great breakfast, beach property etc... Its obvious that there isn't a skilled Hotel Coordinator working to make a memorable, simple and relaxing stay accessible. Since the confusion outweighs the perks, I would steer clear of this experience.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Watermoore
Reviewed June 2, 2010

I stayed in May. Hotel GrandResort is just perfect: Luxurious without being too show-off. Rooms and public spaces are absolutely spotless. The food is delicious, well prepared and displayed. The staff is friendly and helpful. There is plentu of space everywhere. The garden is full of trees and flowers. There is a small sandy beach but a roomy swimming pool. I particularly enjoyed the Kyma pool restaurant by day and by evening.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I have run Conferences for my company at the Grand Resort Hotel (Hawaii Grand) many times and having had to cancel an event in Bangkok due to the troubles I turned to the Grand Resort for help at pretty short notice and they made the event absolutely trouble free. I cannot praise the Management and Staff enough for what they have done for us

Reviewed May 24, 2010

We stayed at the limassol grand resort for 3 nights with my wife and daughter while i was attending a conference. The hotel has a nice location on the beach which is sandy...15 minutes by car from limassol....the rooms are ok with a rather small bathroom but nice and comfi matresses. The hotel has several restaurants but whatever we tried was very low quality and very overpriced....even my daughter of 2 years old could not eat the overboiled pasta they serve...the spa prices is to laugh at....they charge about 110 euros for manicure/pedicure which is rediculous...there is also an adequately equipped gym with 2 treadmills...

1  Thank zoomendoscopist
Reviewed May 14, 2010

went on a business trip for a seminar/conference at the Grand Hotel (Many people remember it with its old name Hawaii)
and i was expecting to find a nice business hotel

but the Grand Hotel was a great surprise that made the business trip a real treat and pleasure
A bottle of wine and fruit was expecting me in my room

the hotel is set in a wonderful tropical garden with nice swimming pools

The hotel is deliverying good service BUT in a very relaxing and easy going environment
the Spa was relaxing and beautiful
the tropical gardens had natural shadow and the sea was absolutely lovely, clean and calm - wonderful for a swim after a days conference

the breakfast one of the best i have ever seen in my life
and the food in general superb and i loved the KYMA restaurant with incredibly relaxing decoration just in front of the sea
but the best thing was the people and their service attitude
Tina, Katalina, Theodore, Alexis were charming, efficient and personable
and they were serving us with a big smile

Excellent place - look forward to go back

Reviewed May 12, 2010

I and my friends have been on Cyprus in apriel of 2010. We stayed in Grand resort in Limassol. It`s a very nice hotel with a very very green area. So many trees are on territory of hotel. a lot of kinds of food is for the breakfast and dinner. All dishes are very tasty and been cooked with love as home. Service staff is a very friendly. Room is comfortable and clean. About location I can say than it`s not in center of limassol, but it`s not problem. If you want you can go to center of Limassol by car and It`s taken about 5-10 minutes. Near hotel there is beach with volcanic grey sand . Beach is a nice. I hope in the next year I`ll have my holiday in Grand Resort one more time.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends