“The best place to stay !”
Review of GrandResort

GrandResort
Ranked #12 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Reviewed May 14, 2014

i visited the island of cyprus 1 week ago and i decided to stay at the grandresort. its an amazing hotel, it gives u this nice retro feeling and its restaurant for dinner is so classy. it gives u the sense of being in a dinning room for royalty. the staff are always friendly and smily and the restaurant manager as well as the food and beverage manager were always there ready to assist us. im looking forward to returning again next year to tate once more all these lovely delicasis and be treated like a queen

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed here on a conference on shipping. The staff were so helpful and always smily. What impressed me thought the most was their service;always attentive and looking out for my every need from breakfast till dinner. Their pool is amazing to swim in and their Japanese restaurant is to die for. I will definitely come back!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I only spent a night at the hotel about a week ago but I was more than satisfied with my choose. Limassol has a number of 5star hotels with very little between them. Although some of the room features are a bit dated overall this is very well presented and clean hotel. Service is very good and offers a number of facilities expected from a 5star resort such as spa etc. It has 2 restaurants including a japanese restaurant and an ethnic outdoor bar. Breakfast was also plenty full and of a large variety. Quality was above average with the option of champagne. Overall my short stay was very enjoyable, care free and relaxing and I left with a smile on my face. Therefore I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank nmitsides1
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We spent Easter holidays (8 days) at the hotel GrandResort in Limassol. We was at this hotel for the second time and we noticed the all services are a highest quality from all hotel staff. We do a lot of traveling and we can appreciate the level of services, we have rarely met, even in 5 star hotels, such kindness and solicitude of all hotel employees. We asked to have a room in same area where we stayed the first time and we felt very well. Our room was Double standard, on the top floor overlooking the sea and a beautiful exotic garden ; the room was quiet, bright, spacious. We were pleased with how it provides room cleanliness, all well maintained, linens were changed daily.
We paid for half board meal. We served dinner to the restaurant Salaminia, which we were very pleased. The restaurant is very elegant, tasteful, truly 5-star restaurant. We can notice the very good and diverse menu; every evening it was a specific menu: Italian, Russian , barbeque, seafood etc.
Also, on Easter Sunday lunch was on a terrace and we appreciated the menu and traditional music show . We noticed everyday, special involvement of staff for a good organization of the services and attention to all guests for feel better in theirs holiday. We want to thank all the employees of hotel who made us really feel like in paradise.
We recommend visiting this hotel and we want to come back soon .....

Iolanda, Iasi,Romania

Room Tip: Room on the top floor overlooking the sea and a beautiful exotic garden ; the room was quiet, brigh...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank bobi20
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We have recently returned from one of our many visits to this great family orientated hotel. Ok I often see the quibble about star ratings, the criterion does appear to vary from country to country but there are so many pluses with The GrandResort which keep drawing us back.
Top of our list the helpful friendly staff, must be a 10 out of 10. We also love the layout of both the hotel and it's gardens including the pool area. Extremely spacious with no hint of being crammed in.
Some guests might find the location rather far from the town but we always hire a car so no problem.
Only one niggle which I,ve never had explained, even when I raised it with the owner, surely if the food was more competitively priced with the other local restaurants more residents would eat at the hotel, we like many other guests eat away on many occasions. The explanation I was given that the prices are competitive with other hotels of a similar calibre didn't sound very convincing. Come on management we are great fans of your establishment but aren't you missing a trick here?

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are well worth the extra bucks as noise from the highway can be intrusive for inland...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

In general the hotel is good, but there are a few points that irritated me and I would definitely not think this was a 5* hotel, 4* at the most.

Why?
For one the service could be quicker and better. There were many times where I had to wait for a waiter or for the cheque. Also, orders for tea, coffee or when asked for new cutlery, were sometimes just forgotten.

Also, the bathroom in the hotel room was very small and not 100% clean. The quality of the towels wasn't great either, they were quite rough to the touch (not so pleasant for sunburn).

But what caused minus points the most, was the quality of the food. Ok, yes, I am used to good food, but for a 5* hotel I expect good quality food. Here the food was Ok, nothing special though. Some dishes lacked flavor and the scrambled eggs for breakfast were surely made of a powder substitute for eggs, because it didn't taste anything like an egg.

Now a few positives:
People at the reception desk spoke multiple languages, were friendly and helpful. The hotel has 7 floors, the lowest one (-1) holds the gym, indoor pool and a few restaurants. The 1st floor holds the reception, lobby and some more restaurants. Floors 2-6 are hotel rooms. There are 3 elevators + stairs. The pools are clean, the pool beds are free, you get a pool towel every day. I had a normal room with view towards the street. Room is spacious and has everything you need. Room includes a balcony. I'm not a light sleeper, but if you are, ask for a room on the pool/beach side, that should be quieter than the side to the road.
There are several daily activities, for adults and children (such as water volleyball, billiards, stretching, etc.). The gym has the standards, is OK for vacation, but of course cannot be compared to a full gym. The sauna is tiny and probably not working correctly as I sat there for half an hour without one drop of sweat. Haven't tried the steam room or the jacuzzi.

One more thing: the prices in the hotel are ridiculously high. I booked half board so I get breakfast and dinner in buffet style. But ordering lunch, drinks, ice cream can quickly get expensive. The spa and hotel shop are also ridiculously high priced. At least in comparison to other European hotels.

Over all, I was happy to stay here, but in my opinion the 5* description on their website and on the booking sites is overrated.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank feli022010
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a night last weekend and I must say I wasnt prepared to write such a review for a 5 star hotel.

The two and only positive aspects of this hotel based on our experience were the hotel lobby, which is definetely glamorous and impressive, and the complimentary fruit platter which we were offered in our room.

Other than that: 1. A maid got into our room without knocking while we were resting in the afternoon to bring a complimentary drink (hasnt your manager trained you to knock doors before entering???!!!!),
2.the sockets in the room were not working,
3.the bed was ridiculously uncomfortable--I could feel every part from the bed's internal space, interrupting my sleep everytime i tried to turn in bed (and am pregnant for gods sake!),
4.there was noise from the parking just below our room even at 5 in the morning (stayed at 4th floor),
5.the breakfast was okeish in quantity but very average in terms of taste (defo not a 5 star breakfast),
6.no employee attendance as we were trying to order some coffee from one of the spots there and after 15 minutes of wait we just left.

We were very dissapointed indeed from this hotel, we wanted to spend a weekend with my husband to relax before the arrival of our baby and we had one of our less enjoyable weekends. We left early morning on Sunday,right after we had breakfast.

The management team needs to do some work there!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple