“Recomended but food prices is an issue (pool buffet at 32€ per person is overvalued)”
Review of GrandResort

GrandResort
Ranked #13 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Highlights
Location, facilities, cleanliness, Children facilities, personnel service, Breakfast variety & quality (except bread), Kids pool is big and safe.
Lowlights
Food high prices at pool restaurants, Not Fresh bread at breakfast

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are very good for families. No Noise from hotel’s bars & live music.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for GrandResort

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Just back from 2 weeks July holiday at this resort, 2 adults and one 15years , excellent service, very attentive staff, Free WiFi available with very good coverage, you find all what you need, plenty of sun beds and towels on the pool, the garden and the beach (take the garden facing the sea). Cool and trendy beach bars within walking distance, try Blueberry. You can take the bus from outside the hotel to go to the interesting city center, we had a rented car.
You find all what you need at this resort. Breakfast, you find all what you need even espresso coffee for free, Very good food at the buffet (lunch and dinner) large variety. to summarize, very much recommended, you will not find any thing annoying. Be careful, you will be shocked of the number of very friendly and accommodating staff at this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose room facing the see side, quieter
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have been meaning to get back to Cyprus for many years.....my first trip being to Paphos about 8-9 years ago. This time I wanted to try a different area and decided "to do" Limassol.

I spent 11 days at the GrandResort- Limassol and can recommend the hotel as a place "to get away from it all"

The positives:
1. Great sun, nice pool and adequate beach front and well maintained hotel grounds..
2. Clean rooms, recently renovated and pretty good room service.
3. A nice breakfast buffet - and pay attention here - with freshly squeezed orange juice (hadn't seen THAT in a while) and a great selection of fresh fruit.
4. Reasonable cost for drinks and house wines.
5. Good dinner buffet - make sure to lose a few pounds before you go - you will gain them back while you are there.
6. Not a lot of people - and this was pretty surprising given that we were there during the summer season. I was pleasantly surprised.
7. No problem with bringing drinking water and munchies onto the hotel grounds.
8. Larnaca is a nice new airport with very good facilities for tourists. The tour operator was well organized.

The negatives:
1. No free drinkable water delivered to your room - so unless you want to pay a bunch for H2O you need to treck to the nearest market (not far) to replentish your supply/
2. The hotel beach is OK but is not white sand - more of a gray color - and the ocean has a fair bit of seaweed in it..
3. Limassol itself is on the horizon so unless you want to take a bus to town you need to do the taxi thing.....
4. Not a lot of places to go immediately around the hotel.

Interestingly the hotel has a bit of a feel of a business destination hotel - i.e. a place to hold conferences and weddings. There were two wedding receptions while we were there. I would say that holding a business conference there would be an interesting idea.

I am satisfied with my vacation and enjoyed the stay. But if you are looking for Club Med, this isn't it. And if you have done any traveling in the Eastern Mediterranean you may have noticed that hotels are sometimes rated five star when they are really a 4 or 4+ (or thereabouts).

Having said that my goals was to relax, get a great tan, swim, eat good food and not think about the world's problems. Oh yes, and to eat some good Cypriot and Greek food.

Mission accomplished.

Room Tip: go with a seaview room..............................
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Resort, our first time in Cyprus. From the time we landed to the time we left we had endless blue skies..perfect holiday weather. We arrived at 6am, our transfer taxi arrived on time and we checked in..made up our way to the hotel room but our keycards didn't work so had to go back down..this happened few times during our stay with no explanation as we were on 5th floor, it became irritating. We were disappointed that we were not given an upgrade as the hotel was not fully booked when we arrived.

We had booked a triple room on B&B basis as we were family of 3 adults. The room we were given was a double but not spacious for 3 of us so the hotel had offered an additional room at a reduced rate - I was impressed that Mr Constandino s - emailed me promptly prior to our arrival and came to find us when we were at the poolside to introduce himself - all the hotel staff including the porters and restaurant staff were friendly and very service was faultless, they couldn't do enough for you..

The hotel is a 5 star and we were impressed with the facilities within the hotel and the beach/poolside were clean with an abundance of sun loungers by the poolside. We used the poolside restaurants -the Aloha - bar menu - and the Kyma restaurant and also the TeppanYaki restaurant - we all enjoyed our dinner which was cooked right in front of us to our preference. The Ethnic Lounge is also great to relax after dinner. It would have been better to see the menus of the different restaurants prior to sitting..so you know what to expect! And there was no WI-FI through out the time we stayed despite trying to inform the reception several times - we used the free Wi-Fi across at Chesters.
The rooms we stayed in were clean however the bed could have been more comfortable. the bathroom hairdryer needs updating, it was from of the 80's.
I would definitely recommend anyone to stay at this hotel and there is plenty of choice of fine restaurants across the road which also serve food to an high standard.
We will definitely consider returning to Cyprus again and the location was perfect for us. The local bus stops outside the hotel and is ideal for sightseeing the local shopping Mall and visit to the Old Town should not be missed.
We hope the hotel improve the daytime activities for the adults and have more evening entertainment for the adults for a 5 star hotel but we were disappointed. We do however recommend to see the Magician Paul Thomas he was brilliant and we all enjoyed the evening!

Room Tip: We would have preferred to have a sea view room which are quieter, as we were directly opposite Ches...
1  Thank Shan104
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed in the Grand Resort Hotel, with my sister-in-law, June 30th to July 7th 2013.
This is a very nice hotel with very friendly helpful ( mostly ) staff!
We booked a sea view room, which at first I was a little disappointed with as it was on 1st floor, and at an angle that the view was more distanced then I would have liked. ( Room 116 ).
This was only a minor thing, and I grew to love the room, which was very spacious.
The staff in this hotel do everything to ensure you have an enjoyable stay. They are also very pleasant, chatty and always smiling! The only exception to this, were some of the women on reception.
Reception is any guests first port of call when they making enquiries, and this was the only place we were not greeted with a smile, with the exception of Petra. The other ladies, while helpful enough, had no personality about them. No smile or greeting. One of them could not even book a restaurant for me, that was just across the road, because she did not know it, even though she must see it every day! The Internet was down, so she said she could not get phone number, and had to get the porter to look up the telephone book! (Why could she not do this herself?)
She did book then, once she had the number, but I felt it was just too much trouble for her.
The rest of the staff were lovely. I must give a special mention to some of them.
Firstly, Sani ( pronounced Sunny), who worked at the pool bar by day, and the hotel bar by night.
Sunny by name, and sunny by nature! She was so friendly and chatty, while also looking after the customers very well! She was only new to this hotel, having worked in another for several years. This girl deserves to go far in the hospitality business.
Then there was Boyko, who worked around the pool area, again very helpful, and friendly. Could not do enough for people. The pool area staff would appear out of nowhere if they even saw you trying to move a plastic chair! Their attitude was, we were on holiday, and should not have to "work"!
One of the other guys at pool area, who's name I did get, was so concerned about me on the second day, as he saw I was getting sun burnt (unusual ) for me, that he came over and told me, and advised me to get into the shade. I took his advise, and I was glad I did. I was quite sore later, and stayed in the shade all next day. I could have been worse, if not for him!
Two others I must mention. Pawel, one of the porters, very friendly helpful guy. Got into a spiritual conversation with him, and he told us he had written a few books on the subject. ( I ordered them online last night)!
Then one morning near the end of my holiday, I had not been able to sleep all night, and not wanting to disturb my companion, I got up and sat at pool bar.
When I heard the breakfast area being set up, I went down to see if I could get a cup of tea. Although I could not go into breakfast area as it was closed, Eleni, very kindly brought me out a pot of tea, which I took down to pool bar!
We were disappointed at the lack of "free wi fi", which was very poor the whole week! We could get wi fi, in every other bar and restaurant we visited, no problem! So for a 5 star hotel, this was a major let down.
The other disappointing thing was price of drinks. 2 vodka's ( single measures) was €16! When across the road in the little supermarket, you could buy a litre of Smirnoff for € 16.30. Coke/ Sprite were €2 if bought as a mixer, but €3.75 on their own.
The drinks here were more expensive, then the superior Four Seasons Hotel. There vodka was €7.90 but that was a triple measure! And mixer was only €1.30, also cocktails in the Four seasons were far cheaper!
Overall this is a fabulous hotel, lovely staff, and we had a great time and felt really pampered! ( especially one evening when we had our hair done before going out. We wanted to bring this hairdresser home with us! The best blow dry I've ever got, and only €20! So much so, my own hairdresser in Ireland saw a photo of me on facebook that evening, and complimented me on it when I got home!
Almost forgot to mention, the new "double" sun loungers that were installed the day after we arrived! They were fab, with lovely canopy's over them! Made use of them for the rest of the week! ( Even though we were two women, and not a romantic couple ha ha)
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of coming to Limassol, and I will certainly be back again. I have been to Limassol countless times over the last 10 years, but this was my first time in the Grand Resort. I think this is my new place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Great service and the people are exceptionally friendly, beds are not that comfortable

The best thing about this hotel is it's people, they all very nice and helpful

Overall very good hotel and I do recommend it

Location is good and very quite

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zak H
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed again at the Grand Resort. First class service all the way !!!

Spotless, wonderful views and great food. Every thing you want on holiday.

And of course the Staff are so friendly. I am sure we return in the furture.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple