“Lovely Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 57 Hotels in Limassol
Dublin,
“Lovely Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed in the Grand Resort Hotel, with my sister-in-law, June 30th to July 7th 2013.
This is a very nice hotel with very friendly helpful ( mostly ) staff!
We booked a sea view room, which at first I was a little disappointed with as it was on 1st floor, and at an angle that the view was more distanced then I would have liked. ( Room 116 ).
This was only a minor thing, and I grew to love the room, which was very spacious.
The staff in this hotel do everything to ensure you have an enjoyable stay. They are also very pleasant, chatty and always smiling! The only exception to this, were some of the women on reception.
Reception is any guests first port of call when they making enquiries, and this was the only place we were not greeted with a smile, with the exception of Petra. The other ladies, while helpful enough, had no personality about them. No smile or greeting. One of them could not even book a restaurant for me, that was just across the road, because she did not know it, even though she must see it every day! The Internet was down, so she said she could not get phone number, and had to get the porter to look up the telephone book! (Why could she not do this herself?)
She did book then, once she had the number, but I felt it was just too much trouble for her.
The rest of the staff were lovely. I must give a special mention to some of them.
Firstly, Sani ( pronounced Sunny), who worked at the pool bar by day, and the hotel bar by night.
Sunny by name, and sunny by nature! She was so friendly and chatty, while also looking after the customers very well! She was only new to this hotel, having worked in another for several years. This girl deserves to go far in the hospitality business.
Then there was Boyko, who worked around the pool area, again very helpful, and friendly. Could not do enough for people. The pool area staff would appear out of nowhere if they even saw you trying to move a plastic chair! Their attitude was, we were on holiday, and should not have to "work"!
One of the other guys at pool area, who's name I did get, was so concerned about me on the second day, as he saw I was getting sun burnt (unusual ) for me, that he came over and told me, and advised me to get into the shade. I took his advise, and I was glad I did. I was quite sore later, and stayed in the shade all next day. I could have been worse, if not for him!
Two others I must mention. Pawel, one of the porters, very friendly helpful guy. Got into a spiritual conversation with him, and he told us he had written a few books on the subject. ( I ordered them online last night)!
Then one morning near the end of my holiday, I had not been able to sleep all night, and not wanting to disturb my companion, I got up and sat at pool bar.
When I heard the breakfast area being set up, I went down to see if I could get a cup of tea. Although I could not go into breakfast area as it was closed, Eleni, very kindly brought me out a pot of tea, which I took down to pool bar!
We were disappointed at the lack of "free wi fi", which was very poor the whole week! We could get wi fi, in every other bar and restaurant we visited, no problem! So for a 5 star hotel, this was a major let down.
The other disappointing thing was price of drinks. 2 vodka's ( single measures) was €16! When across the road in the little supermarket, you could buy a litre of Smirnoff for € 16.30. Coke/ Sprite were €2 if bought as a mixer, but €3.75 on their own.
The drinks here were more expensive, then the superior Four Seasons Hotel. There vodka was €7.90 but that was a triple measure! And mixer was only €1.30, also cocktails in the Four seasons were far cheaper!
Overall this is a fabulous hotel, lovely staff, and we had a great time and felt really pampered! ( especially one evening when we had our hair done before going out. We wanted to bring this hairdresser home with us! The best blow dry I've ever got, and only €20! So much so, my own hairdresser in Ireland saw a photo of me on facebook that evening, and complimented me on it when I got home!
Almost forgot to mention, the new "double" sun loungers that were installed the day after we arrived! They were fab, with lovely canopy's over them! Made use of them for the rest of the week! ( Even though we were two women, and not a romantic couple ha ha)
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of coming to Limassol, and I will certainly be back again. I have been to Limassol countless times over the last 10 years, but this was my first time in the Grand Resort. I think this is my new place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Great service and the people are exceptionally friendly, beds are not that comfortable

The best thing about this hotel is it's people, they all very nice and helpful

Overall very good hotel and I do recommend it

Location is good and very quite

1 Thank Zak H
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed again at the Grand Resort. First class service all the way !!!

Spotless, wonderful views and great food. Every thing you want on holiday.

And of course the Staff are so friendly. I am sure we return in the furture.

1 Thank loucos
Nicosia, Cyprus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Perfect place to be. Great breakfast, polite staff, great view, spacious rooms. HOWEVER, it happened to be in the room when the cleaning lady arrived to clean it. I told her to clean just the bathroom! it took her less than 3 minutes! unacceptable! i suppose that she just put some shining liquids on the mixers! Even in front of me, she did not do the basics!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com

CostandinosDrou, Manager at GrandResort, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and services and for your great comments about our staff and facilities! In regards to the issue with our chamber maid, we assure you that we will alert the housekeeping department of this incident so as to avoid it happening again and we thank you for bringing it to our attention.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to the GrandResort and receive a flawless review from you!
Best Regards,
Costandinos Droussiotis
E-Commerce Sales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Perfectly decent, clean 5* hotel with luxurious lobby areas, but to be honest the rooms and pool area are similar to those I've seen in some 3* hotels- clean, spacious, but nothing special. Staff are without exception friendly, approachable and helpful. Nina and Xena the entertainment team were lovely, chatty and friendly. They were very good at their jobs, but I feel a 5* hotel themselves would have organised more than half-an-hour evening entertainment! Even 3* hotels sometimes provide evening long exciting entertainment. Although the magic show was funny, the magician was pretty sleazy and most women weren't impressed in the audience. In contrast the hotel
Elias right next door seemed to have entertainment that produced roars of laughter and lasted longer! Breakfast was excellent and the selection was wide. At the weekend the bar/club opposite had outrageously loud music till 6am and meant despite earplugs and windows shut, we got no sleep. Hotel is 20 mins by bus from Limassol town, but the bus stop is right outside (1 euro fare only) so it's not a problem if you are aware of it already. All in all a reasonable hotel, with friendly and helpful staff...but it is not exceptional and not the best value for money. I have stayed at far grander and more luxurious five star hotels in Europe for much less money.

• Stayed June 2013
Larnaka City, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

i will start my review by admiring the f&b dep. of this hotel. the food was out of this planet.excellent!!!! i have become a big fan of this hotel's chef.Haris you are the best!!!
the hotel is very clean and tide.Spotless! all the staff is friendly and willing to help you at all times.
I even met the manager and he was very friendly and helpfull.See you next year grand resort!

Derbyshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

From the minute I entered the car park I was made to feel welcome
Staff very friendly and helpful. Room, facilities, food and service are all first class.
Would definately stay here again. Even the manager introduced himself to guests on he terrace and checked they were happy with everything!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business