1,328 results
All reviews japanese restaurant sea view pool area operations manager main restaurant lovely hotel star hotel pool staff sauna and steam room all inclusive package private beach swim up bar special mention restaurant staff welcome drink late check relaxing holiday
Selected filters
Reviewed March 31, 2017

My wife liked the look of this hotel from the brochure so we booked one week and we're there the next on arriving at night the hotel was brightly light up and looked great check in was fast and we were soon in our room a quick shower then down for dinner as soon as I walked in to the buffet section I knew we had a good place the food looked amazing the selection was incredible and very very tasty.
We didn't have beach pool room and you did hear some traffic during the night the bed was superb very comfortable room cleaned every day and a turndown service at night
We were on an all inclusive package and anything from coffee to cocktails were available with a pool service to the pool was very cold but what could you expect at this time of year but there is an inside pool to we had two dining experiences one at meze which I have to say was fantastic the food just seemed to keep coming all very tasty our second was at the Japanese restaurant again very good plenty of variety and good sized portions the thing that make this hotel stand out though are the staff very friendly very helpful I would highly recommend this hotel I think we will be back

Room tip: Beach view room would be best
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank geoFife
The-Royal-Apollonia, General Manager at The Royal Apollonia, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2017

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing The Royal Apollonia for your recent stay and for posting your superb review on tripadvisor.

Your very kind comments about the quality and standard of service delivered in our Hotel are very encouraging for all of us here at The Royal Apollonia. We can only assure you that our sole commitment is to continue adding value to our services.

We would like to thank you for having given us the opportunity to extend our hospitality to you and delighted that you had an amazing stay with us and your expectations were exceeded.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the not so distant future.

Reviewed March 30, 2017 via mobile

I woke up at 6am to for the loo and slipped on a pudle of water that had leaked from the ceiling! We did eventually get moved into another room (by 1PM) and had to wait around in lobby etc. Staff were avoiding to fill out accident report form I had to call UK Thomson who got the local agent to come see me.

I injured my back and was advised to rest for the remainder of my stay.

I have been in touch with the hotel since but now have decided to ignore me!!

Date of stay: December 2016
3  Thank Huseyin C
Reviewed March 30, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel from 22nd March till 29th March. What a fabulous hotel. Our room was lovely. Sea view which was to die for. Spotlessly clean. Fresh fruit and water in room chocolates on pillow every night. Top class.
The food in the restaurant was absolutely lovely. Loads of choice. The waiters were really lovely but one stood out from the rest. His name was Rafael. He was the loveliest bloke you could wish to meet. He never stopped. He always knew what drink you wanted which was amazing. When he was working the restaurant seemed to run better but twice when he wasn't there we had to get a waiters attention for tea or a drink.
We went in the meze restaurant on the last night and I cannot praise it enough. The food was devine and the waiters explained everything we were eating. 10 courses worth eating so please please visit it. Everyone was so so friendly from reception to the cleaners. One of the best hotels we have visited. You will not be disappointed

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Josie I
The-Royal-Apollonia, General Manager at The Royal Apollonia, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2017

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback from your holiday experience at The Royal Apollonia.

We are more than pleased to know that our services exceeded your expectations and delighted that you enjoyed our new restaurant “Meze by Ellniko” furthermore your appreciating comments and praise towards our staff fills us with pride and have been shared with all the team. Guest satisfaction is our primary concern; achieving positive result is our biggest reward. Your kind comments encourage us to continue the good work and assuring you of our best of attention and high quality service at all times.

We look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to The Royal Apollonia once again.

Reviewed March 29, 2017

We have just returned from a fabulous week at the Royal Appolonia with our friends.

I do feel the need to point out a couple of irritants before I review this great hotel.....
Firstly they are doing some work on the 'stone walls' in the sea which each hotel has in the area .. (these can be seen on the hotel photos). They are making a walkway and removing the stones. This means that it is a little noisy from 7.30am Monday to Friday. You do get used to the noise but I do feel that Thomson should have told us about it before we left for our holiday. Apparently it is going to last for a few weeks. This is really frustrating given we paid an additional €30 per night to have a beach front room as we were advised that the road was noisy and wanted a peaceful holiday.

Secondly the Japanese restaurant...... Not the best in my opinion when taken as part of the all inclusive deal. We saw some amazing food for those not on all inclusive so was somewhat disappointed when we saw what we were offered.

That said.... The hotel is fabulous in every other way. The biggest asset this hotel has are its staff .... What an amazing team of genuinely brilliant people. It's difficult to name everyone as they were all fabulous but Raphael stood out, he was amazing!!!!! Thank you for our hot coffee .
The staff here really made our holiday fantastic ....
Thank you to you all. I would also like to highlight the reception staff, they were very friendly and helpful(not always the case in other hotels I've used ).

The food at this hotel is some of the best I have had .. The quality, variety and presentation - superb!

The team behind the bar were brilliant and the bar waiting staff gave very friendly and genuine service.

The hotel has been refurbished and the rooms are lovely. The standard of cleanliness is maintained through out the hotel .. Well done to the housekeeping team.

I would definitely recommend this hotel ... The only reason I gave 4 stars is due to the Japanese restaurant and the beach noise.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Davies1962
The-Royal-Apollonia, General Manager at The Royal Apollonia, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your holiday experience at The Royal Apollonia with other readers online.

Your splendid description of every aspect of our hotel is wonderful and we are truly proud to know that you found the service provided by all our staff to be of high standard and we are delighted that the whole team contributed in making your holiday a memorable experience.

We sincerely apologise about the works that were being carried out by the ministry of works and it is true that you were not informed but it’s because we were not aware of it in advance. Once the works had started it was beyond our control and we exercised every possible pressure to The Ministries and Contractors to stop and which we eventually managed. Concerning the Akakiko restaurant it has been noted and will be taken into consideration.

Hope that we did not cause you too much disappointment and we will have the privilege of welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 26, 2017

Stayed 15th of March for one week and wished we'd booked for two.
Classy hotel, rooms lovely and the beds and pillows were so comfortable guaranteeing a good night's sleep. Food was excellent with a good choice and variety which would appeal to all guests. A nice bonus was the fact that sparkling wine was offered on the all inclusive bar menu however we found the choice of cocktails on offer slightly limited. The pool area was clean, well maintained and the staff in charge of sunbeds very helpful and nothing was too much trouble, also the bar service was very efficient. The only downside to to the pool area was the noise from the crane shifting large rocks, but having said that after a while you tend to tune out from it. Entertainment wasn't that good most nights but on Sunday evening a new duo called Slick appeared who were being trialled out, they consisted of a pianist/vocalist and a saxophonist who we particularly enjoyed listening to. Although all the staff were friendly, helpful and professional the complete star of them all was Raphael from the dining room. We don't know how he does it but he seemed to be able to serve everyone at once so you never waited for a drink once you were seated at you table, he knew exactly what you would be having and even had time to share pleasantries with you, we have to be honest and say that the one night he was off while we were there the service slipped slightly and quite a few of us ended up waiting sometime for drinks and in the end had to make the staff aware. Overall we had a wonderful week. If you are looking good for a nice sophisticated relaxing break then we can highly recommend this hotel

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
The-Royal-Apollonia, General Manager at The Royal Apollonia, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2017

Dear guest,

On behalf of The Royal Apollonia we would like to express our gratitude for leaving your comments after a stay at our splendid property.

Thank you also for expressing your appreciation towards our excellent facilities, our varied cuisine, our attentive team and the special mention to Rafael. Nothing could make us happier than your genuine satisfaction.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and We look forward to welcoming you back to The Royal Apollonia soon.