Stayed in this hotel for the last four days arriving back this evening 20th Oct 13. The hotel is occupied predominantly by Russians. Fine by us but if your looking to talk to other UK people then you will struggle. The hotel has recently been refurbished, indeed their official opening night is tonight. The reception area and pool area is very good. Plenty of poolside space and good access to the sandy beach.
We had a sea view on the third floor. The room was spacious and had been refurbished. The finish on the cupboards, particularly behind the headboard and around the sink is poor, (room 314) with a lack of attention to its finish. It looks like it was cut with a bread knife! TV is good. no iron in the room although I guess you can always ring down for one.
No wifi in the bedrooms unless you pay the fee which I think was 15€ a day!! Rubbish. There is free wifi in the lobby although it is not the quickest. There is a safe in the room and you have to pay 3.50€ a day. A big negative in this day and age. Not sure how they justify this.
Fantastic view of the pool and coastline from a very good balcony.
We decided on a bed and breakfast rate. We did have the buffet lunch on the first day which was really nice but it did cost 66€ (with a glass of wine).
The breakfast is fine with a good choice, but it is evident that there are not enough staff to serve. Staff keep there heads down when your trying to attract their attention to get a coffee or tea. That was a shame.
The staff in the pool bar were excellent. I felt for them because they were under staffed and were run ragged. I think there is an all inclusive package with local drinks and at times they just could not cope with the demand. That said they tried their best and should be recognised for their great service.
Did use the gym which had excellent facilities. The Spa is also clearly well used.
Overall a lovely hotel dominated by Russian holiday makers. The hotel is clean and updated although it needs to bring itself up to speed with its wifi and ensure they have enough staff. There is good competition close by and they need to up their game a little.
Kevin and Helen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Apollonia is an elegant five-star hotel were luxury and comfort make a perfect match, it features 204 completely refurbished bedrooms including 13 suites of varying sizes, a free form 523m² outside swimming pool and 3 restaurants, all with differing cuisines for your culinary enjoyment. The Royal Spa offers you a sensational treatment menus that includes 7 treatment rooms, LifeFitness equipped gym & indoor pool, sauna and Climatological Dead Sea Room. Is located directly on the beach and directly at the heart of tourist area of Limassol, just 5 Km drive from the archaeological site of Ancient Amathus, 10 minutes drive from the city center and within walking distance from the tourist area of Limassol where bars, restaurants and discos are found in abundance. The distance from Larnaca Airport is 77 Km and Paphos 67 Km. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Bookcyprus.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Apollonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Louis Apollonia Beach Limassol
- Hotel Louis Apollonia Beach