“Boutique luxury with relaxed atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Londa Hotel

Londa Hotel
Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Limassol
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Boutique luxury with relaxed atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

There are a number of issues identified below but we would stay at this hotel again and we found it overall to be a good and relaxed stay. Slightly expensive but not bad value given the position (excellent) and service. If you want a big hotel then go next door to the Apollonia now renamed Royal Apollonia.

First you have to find it. We went up and down the front at Limassol, looking for the hotel and on the phone to the hotel staff (perhaps 6 or 7 calls) with still no luck. The hotel has a number of flags with a sign low down on the pavement. It is easy to miss as it is squeezed between two large buildings – the actual hotel is bigger and more comfortable than it looks from the outside. If you are going from west to east it is just after the The Royal Apollonia hotel which can’t be missed. If going east to west you have to make a U-turn if you pass the Apollonia. Either way U-turn’s are not allowed (Cypriot drivers may very well crash into you if you do) so you have to turn left (going west to east) and then make a U-turn and then go back on the sea-side (i.e. south) side of the road. Sounds confusing but it isn’t.

Friendly staff. Valet parking if you need it but car park is close with parking spaces available. The hotel is small. The spacious reception area dovetails into the lounge, snack-restaurant. Part of the areas is available for in-door smokers. Wifi is available free from this area.

We had booked a suite with a sea view. According to the hotel it had two bathrooms one with a separate shower. Our suite seemed smaller with only a shower in the bath. We paid around £336 ($520) for the sea view suite for 2 with briefest (delivered in the room at no extra charge). We booking through hotels4u – the cheapest quote we could find. Breakfast in the room was good.

We asked for more towels and pillows and they came quickly. I had to do a fair amount of computing and getting the wired internet (which I prefer) was impossible. Accessing the wireless could only be achieved by the hotel staff re-setting switches in the room and downstairs. I bought the 24 option but the system threw me off at 10am in the morning and then it took about 30 minutes to reconnect. Speed (upload time) was 1.5 mbps (not so good) but stable. The hotel did not charge for the internet or the mini-bar (only water and cokes).

Swimming pool and private swimming area are great. The pool area although small is nice. Views are great. The outlook of the hotel receptions areas and pool café/restaurant are superb. Excellent relaxed atmosphere. Nothing is too much trouble. The pool area was not too crowded with plenty of empty mattresses. Spa looked good but I did not sample it.

Ask for a room on floors 4//5/6/7. We were on the 4th. Sleep quality was perfect. The queen size bed was extremely comfortable. My partner gave it 5 stars. We choose to leave the balcony doo open and hear the waves gently lapping on the sand (darkish colour). As we said before the cooked Breakfast delivered to the room was good. Small grumble we needed more mirrors to see back of head.

Amathus is supposed to be the best. But looking at hotels.com now a night at Londa is $300 whilst Amathus is $933. However, good the latter is it cannot represent good value. The Londa was very good in most areas. Any criticisms above should not detract from what was a relaxed and pleasant stay. We booked early and booked a suite with a sea view which was considerably more expensive (£336 or $520) though I suspect you could contact the hotel directly and see what price they would offer. My impression is that they might make an upgrade deal.

We also dined at the hotel. We noticed a rave review. We can’t agree. We paid Euros 200 for 5 of us (not all had a 3 course meal – the average was 2 courses per person). This was French/Italian novella cuisine. For this price you would expect much better dining experience. The food is adequate to good. But nothing special and nothing to rave about. That said, I would have liked to stay longer and sample more of their dishes. Their menu, be warned, is very long. The lighting is too dim so ask for proper candles (not the torch ones normally provided). Atmosphere is good. Ask for a round table near the windows.

Yes we look forward to returning to this hotel. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience, even at the price we paid. In general, despite the crisis, prices are the same as last year if not slightly higher. Normally you would expect prices to have fallen (as they have in Greece). Not so yet in Cyprus.

Room Tip: Go for fourth floor or above with sea view. Lifts good. Not far to walk to any room from the lifts...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nice_Nick_2012
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Nick,
Firstly let me thank you for choosing the Londa Hotel for your recent stay and I would like also to thank you for taking the time to tell and share with us the experience of your stay. I was also very glad to hear about the attentive and friendly service provided by our team members and that you had a relaxed and pleasant stay. Please allow me to apologise for the inconvenience caused to you by the weak wired internet connection in your room. In the meantime we have upgraded the router. Once again thank you for your comments and for recommending the Londa. We as well look forward to welcoming you and your partner back.
Best regards and sunny greetings to Maidenhead,
Jochen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Londa for 7 nights from the 30th August 2013. Husband and me only (no kids as they've all grown up).

Reception: Check in was quickly carried out by very pleasant receptionist ... We love to be made welcome and this we were.

Sea view room: Clean, compact but very well appointed with all the mod cons (take cd's and Ipod for your music). Fresh fruit on arrival was a nice touch. Wifi is available but at a charge in the bedrooms (free in the lounge). Lovely Moulton Brown toiletries in the modern and clean bathroom. Little balcony just big enough to sit and enjoy the view of the pool and sea. My only grump would be that a bottle of water everyday would have been nice. Turn down service comes with biscuits and a smile from the delightful housekeeping staff.

Pool area: sunbeds come in the shape of Big cushions layed directly on to the floor all around the pool. They are comfortable but make sure you get a lovely fluffy bright orange towel from the spa to lay on rather than sharing the sweat and whatever from the last occupier. The sunbeds are a little close together for my liking but that's because I generally like a little more space than I had from complete strangers. There are plenty of sunbeds even on the busier weekend days so no panic to get down too early to bag one. Pool itself was clean and warm but be aware it is deep and drops away to over 9 foot in depth if you have children with you. There are lifeguards in attendance. The week we stayed there was a Morning freebie which was a delightful and appreciated surprise in the mid morning heat of a fresh fruit smoothie and the afternoon freebie was a delicious and refreshing lemon sorbet. We tried the fabulous cocktails during our stay and they were delicious and always accompanied with a selection of ripe-as-you-like fruit hanging from the glass. We only had one bar snack here and it was very fresh and well presented. The pool bar team work tirelessly to provide a friendly and efficient service - keep up the good work and wonderful smiles its so appreciated and goes a long way to encourage return business.

The Beach: It's a bit small but the sea water was clear and there were some traditional style sunbeds and umbrellas provided.
Nicely sheltered from the wind by rocky arms which protrude out a couple of hundred feet into the sea either side of the hotel. Probably a bit safer than the swimming pool if you have children. You can try water sports out from the beach if you fancy though we felt they were a little pricey for us.

Breakfast: Good selection of fresh goodies even for a non meat eater. Just loved the fresh figs and yoghurt so much im craving them as I write :)) oooo and the nut brittle phwoar! I nearly cried when it wasnt on offer on our last day. Lovely smiling helpful staff on hand. Even when I asked for a bag of ice for a running injury one morning the waiter couldn't be more pleasant or helpful.

Lounges: One indoors and one outdoors (though undercover) with a lovely buzz in the evenings with some pleasant music playing, candles on tables and the cocktails flowing. Modern furnishings make this area feel funky but relaxed. You can eat your breakfast out in the outdoor lounge in the morning or the Caprice Restaurant (we didn't try the restaurant by the way).

Spa: Hubby had muscle melt massage which rendered him useless for the entire afternoon. I had a full body massage which rendered me useless for the afternoon so between us we weren't great company for each other. I also treated myself to a brow shape and tint as the sun had turned me into a sunbleached blonde werewolf. I was very pleased with the results....almost human again :) Once again the employees working in the spa were thoughful, patient and very kind. Prices for treatments are pretty average (if compared to hotels in the UK).

Gym: Okay but could do with a little investment (fussy me - ex Personal Trainer).

Taxis: Cabs await you at the front of the building and will cost around 10 euro into Limassol Old Town. Have a chat with the drivers they are great fun and so knowledgeable. We had the wonderful George drive us into town a couple of times - smashing chap, bless him.

Checkout: Efficient and friendly once again.

General: We like to eat away from hotels generally (just our choice....we like to eat different food in different surroundings as much as possible) so we tried 3 in old town, 1 down the road towards town called Fat Fish and 1 up the road a little called the Lighthouse. I would imagine the evening meals at the Londa would be excellent but, as I say, we like to venture out in the evenings. We didn't travel out into the island on this occasion at all as we went to Cyprus to just totally relax and unwind. We both certainly did thanks to the Londa and its lovely employees. Thanks again to everyone there.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sturdybirdy
Dear Reviewer,
I can not begin to tell you how happy it made me to read your experience at our hotel. The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as possible. When we have accomplished that goal we have done our job. I am so honored that you choose Londa and Limassol for your week's holiday in Cyprus. And we are extremely grateful that you took the time out of your schedule to share this wonderful and thorough feedback. I very much appreciate your kind words about our staff and I know the team will as well when I share it with them. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back again in the near future. If I can do anything for you during your next visit, please do not hesitate to call me.
Thank you for staying with us and best regards
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

friendly service ....amazing flavors...we went there for my boyfriends bd....and the service was quick and friendly...the food was really nice..and in the end we had a complimentary birthday cake from them for his birthday....!!!we left so happy ..definitely go back again...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mariazaf
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Maria,
Thank you for sharing your Caprice experience on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to hear that you had wonderful birthday celebrations. Please visit us again. It would be a great pleasure welcoming you both back very soon.
Best regards
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Spent three days at the Londa in late August. Got off to a good start with a free upgrade to a suite. Accommodation is excellent, clean and comfortable. The hotel has an air of calm in its large open lobby and bar. Food is good, the fish carpaccio to share is a delight. The pool and private beach make lazing around very easy, a perfect place to relax. If you have to go to Limassol (there's more beautiful parts of Cyprus) then give yourself a treat and stay at the Londa.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for choosing the Londa for your short break end of August. We are very happy to hear that you had a relaxing stay and very much appreciate your nice comments about our hotel in general and especially the food. Thank you for recommending the Londa. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back next time you are in town.
Sunny greetings to London and best regards
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is undoubtedly the service. When we arrived late on our first night I wasn't that impressed with the deluxe room we had booked it was a little small for my liking and the side view of the sea was fine except the main view from the balcony was the main road so we enquired about upgrading. By the time we had finished breakfast on the first morning we had moved to a sea view suite which was 100 times better and all handled seamlessly by the hotel staff. throughout our 5 day stay we found everyone who works at this hotel to be polite, courteous and helpful.

We ate in the hotel one evening and the although the food was good the restaurant was empty and a little lacking atmosphere - we were seated inside however they do have an outside area which was full when we visited so request this in advance.
We found the food at the pool bar pretty average so ventured out for lunch most days - try the lighthouse which is a 5 minute walk.

The pool is very peaceful unless you are unlucky enough to be in the company of other guests children (we were on a few of the days). I would really not recommend bringing children to this hotel there is nothing for them and they will just annoy the other guests.

The beach area is pretty small and not exactly the prettier beach you will ever sit on.

The spa is great although a little pricey, I had a few treatments during my stay - they were all good and there indoor spa area is a good way to escape the sun if you need to!

We came to Limassol to attend a wedding and was pretty underwhelmed by it as a holiday destination. the Londa is on a busy road, complete with strip bars, English pubs and tacky gift shops. If you plan to venture out of your hotel when you go on holiday you may be disappointed so do your homework before you visit. That said if you just want a week in the sun in a nice hotel then this is probably the place for you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Emma H
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Emma,
It made me very happy to read about your experience at our hotel. I really appreciate your wonderful comments about our staff and service. The team here strives to make each guest experience as unique as possible. When we have accomplished that goal we have done our job. We hope that you enjoyed the wedding celebrations you attended. In regards to Limassol as a holiday destination, I personally find the city conveniently beach front located and in the middle of the island which makes it easy to travel around. The Londa is not far away from the charming Old Town with many Cafes, authentic Tavernas, the harbour and the castle area. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. It was a great pleasure having you with us and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Best regards and sunny greetings to London,
Kyrenia, Cyprus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel has a nice modern design (hip, cool) although not on par with similar "designer" hotels you can find in the world. Rooms are ok, but I would've prefered a more minimalist design: would've fit the lobby much better. The bathroom is quite small but functional. The views of the seaside rooms are really nice but one problem is that the films they use on the windows make it extremely hard to view the panorama at night (they turn into mirrors with the slightest light inside the room).

Pillows comfy, bed too firm for me, you can get a JBL speaker for your iDevice, sound insulations seems ok, cooling works fine. We heard some repairs at eight A.M. but they stopped after I asked reception. Mostly soundproof except this small incident.

The pool area is nice, with comfortable sunbeds that tend to get a bit dirty. Really needs some kind of cooling as Cyprus summer is quite harsh (fans sprinkling cooled water mist). The beach is your standard Limassol fare with dark sand and muddled water on most days. Overall, nothing to complain.

There is also a nice bar with a decent selection of drinks.

Service is mostly courteous and helpful.

Recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much for staying at the Londa and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I especially appreciate your comments about our service. it was a great pleasure having you with us and thank you for recommending Londa.
Best regards and greetings to Kyrenia
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We recently stayed at the Londa Hotel in Limassol for our Summer Break and we very much enjoyed our stay. The staff are very attentive and friendly but not invasive. The pool was clean and excellently maintained and the sunbeds were very comfortable. We had no problem in finding sunbeds- although I would suggest getting there slightly earlier if you want a particular spot or you have a large family.The views from the pool were excellent- Beautifully blue Mediterranean sea and it was lovely to see so many boats sail past. We spent more time swimming in the sea than pool because the sea was so warm and nice to swim in! The pool area was reasonably quiet apart from a few noisy children splashing around. The pool area did get busier towards the end of the day as the hotel is very popular amongst the locals and quite a lot of them come the hotel to meet and socialise which does create a nice atmosphere but it can get quite noisy( Hotel guests do get priority of tables and seating areas- if it does get busy just talk to one of the bar staff who will help). The decor was modern and of a very high standard. Our room was always cleaned well and the facilities in the room were good- Good size TV with a large range of Channels in many languages- there could mabye of been a bit more storage space? or a few more hangers?.There is free Wi-fi in all the rooms and a pass-code can be collected from Reception. The bathroom was also very clean and the shower was good. My only small criticism was the price of drinks around the pool and in the bar area in the Lobby- A pint of beer was 4,00 euros- reasonable whereas a pot of tea for two was 11,00 euros! therefore 5,50 euros for one!- rather extortionate for some hot water and two tea bags. I would recommend the salads off the Snack menu- One between two is plenty unless you are very hungry as the portion sizes are rather large! The restaurant in the Hotel 'Caprice'' was excellent. They serve a fusion of Italian and Cypriot food.Both times we had seafood which was fantastic. We would particularly recommend the seafood platter for two is you're a fish lover- this comes with a choice of potatoes and veg/salad. We ate there twice during our stay, both times the quality of the food was wonderful-again the portions sizes were good. The breakfasts are lovely. There is a large selection of different foods- eg- Hot English Breakfasts, Continental Croissants and Pastries, Yogurt, Fruit ,Cereals and Cold Meats, Smoked Salmon and Bread.The waiters and waitresses take orders for Coffee, Tea or any other drinks. The gym was great- practically empty (especially in the mornings) with lots of equipment. The location could be better but the ''old town'' ( great for places to eat) is only 10 mins away in a taxi which are easily attainable from the hotel with help from the Concierge- each way the cost of the taxi is 8 euros - 10 euros. There are several shops near the hotel including Perfumeries and clothing shops which are great to have a look around. Overall, we very much enjoyed our stay here at the Londa Hotel Limassol and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to have relaxing, stress-free holiday.

Room Tip: For an extra £200 you can have a room with a sea view. I would highly recommend this as the views ar...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much for choosing the Londa for your summer break in Limassol. It was a great pleasure having you with us. I very much appreciate your time to share this wonderful and thorough feedback. Our team will be delighted to read about your experiences. We look forward to welcoming you back again. If I can do anything for you during your next visit to our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Best regards