We visited Four Seasons over New Year 2011/2012 for 3 days. Great hotel, friendly helpful staff, excellent service, huge Christmas tree and white winter symbols everywhere (like moving polar bears), Christmas decoration at its best; floating big candles in a basin on the lower lobby level, paintings and sculptures, indoor garden, several lounge areas waitered so quickly!
Location is not very good as private houses stay between over half length of the hotel and the beach, so from most of the sea view rooms you can see roofs with huge TV antenna dishes, water tanks, solar panels.
Free drinks on arrival as you choose: coffee, tea, juice, mojito, cocktail…
Room was beautiful, with big bathroom with tub, walk in shower and separate toilet. All 5* amenities. Also platter of fruits and two small bottles of still mineral water on arrival. No chocolates on the pillows at turn down service, which I don't particularly mind, however other 5* hotels offer these treats (often of poor quality however). Big flat screen TV with not many international programs, mostly local, greek and russian (we had enough rain in 2 days to just want to watch some news, movies, but to little avail); also pay movies and Play Station. We had a very very soft mattress making difficult to roll over and easy to roll off the bed due to sagging edge; whether it was a topper or not, we didn’t check. A chapel in front of our balcony delivered religious music during the day.
No free Wi Fi internet in rooms (only in the lobby and lounge areas at first floor).
Good breakfast buffet at Café Tropical, but boring lunch and atmosphere (well, it was 5pm, empty restaurant; service was quick: regular tomatoes soup and pasta carbonara).
Very small indoor pool with rather cold water, but wonderfully scented sauna. So, do come in summer when you don’t need indoor pool. Two outdoor pools (one is for adults only, near Colors Café - best café-patisserie in Limassol which has home-made ice creams, pastry, cakes, cocktails). Whirlpools attached to each pool. We’ve been to Limassol last week-end and found Colors Café closed due to renovation.
Grounds are very well designed and kept: waterfalls, pond with colourful fish (among them, koi fish), fountains, gazebo for dining, bar terraces, palm trees …
The beach is sandy - gray, large, shallow entrance in the sea. I even took a dip (I was not the only one), water was not as cold as expected in winter, it was …uplifting!
They have Shiseido Spa (expensive) and fitness room, but we did not visit them; two tennis courts, a diving centre on the way to the beach; also three restaurants (Mavrommatis – greek, Vivaldi – italian, Seasons Oriental – chinese) which we also skipped (unfortunately, as we later heard good opinions on them), choosing to eat seafood outside the hotel.
For Gala Dinner, Four Seasons Ballroom was already overbooked so we went to Amathus Hotel’s Demetra Ballroom, which had lovely live entertainment, great decoration and atmosphere and amazing dinner as expected.
On the evening of January 1st the hotel offered us a wonderful fireworks display, though 20 min. later than announced.
- The smallest indoor pool I have ever seen in a 5*, free form, useless.
- Free internet is provided only in the public lounge areas.
- Lunch being available only in the main restaurant Café Tropical (the other three open only for dinner) means you have no choice; but probably this is the case with all hotels in Cyprus during wintertime.
Very weird, the cakes that are so tasty are being sold at a less than half price if taken away and very expensive, 6,50 Euros, if served at table.
Despite these minuses we really enjoyed our stay at this elegant hotel and will come again, but in summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The worldclass independently owned and operated Four Seasons Hotel lies on a sandy beach east of Limassol midway between the airports of Larnaca and Pafos and a short drive from the city. This 5 star establishment, the peak of luxury & style, combines superb facilities with impeccable service. With 302 rooms, 5 restaurants, 4 bars, 3 swimming pools, gymnasium, Shiseido Spa, Kids Club and a host of other facilities the hotel offers something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel
- Four Seasons Limassol
- Four Seasons Cyprus
- Limassol Four Seasons