2,328 results
All reviewslimanaki restaurantlighthouse barlimanaki fishleading hotels of the worldfish restaurantkids clubsea viewindoor pooljunior suiteamazing hotelprivate beachfive star hotelfour seasonshalf boardspecial thankspublic areassun loungers
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We checked out today from the Amathus after spending 7 full days in the resort. Feeling rejuvenated, relaxed and looking forward to coming back next year :) Kids enjoyed everything from the swimming pool to the beach to the Pelican Club, and kids evening events especially the astronomy night. We enjoyed the colours..sand, shades of blue, shades of green. So relaxing! Service was excellent, staff professional and genuine, exceptional check out at 4 Pm made our day! Buffet healthy choices for children ( and for free) was a real plus.

As a small advice, 2 main things can be upgraded: the humidity smell off the carpets in the corridors, and the ventilation during the morning breakfast...

Thank you again for our memorable family stay!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Z K,
I thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor of your recent visit to the Amathus.
I am delighted you chose the Amathus for a relaxing break with your family. It is my pleasure to read how highly you appreciated our facilities for children. Our Pelican Kids’ Club, offers a swimming pool entirely dedicated for the entertainment of our young guests, with slides, with its outdoor and indoor facilities. In addition, a specific section of our beach and lawn gardens has been allocated for the exclusive use of families. In this way, our adult guests enjoy the tranquillity of our beach, adults' swimming pool and lawn garden surroundings, while families with children have their own private place, with lots to keep our young guests entertained.
I will share your kind comments with the team here and I am sure that your comments will boost their moral even more.
I thank you very much for your constructive comments that we always take into consideration, since this is the best tool to improve even further our services and amenities for the well being of our guests.
I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the very near future for another memorable experience. Please contact me at ageorgiou@amathushotel.com whenever you decide to visit our hotel once again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

One of the best vacations we had, ever. And we had many.. Two families, 20 people, grandparents, adult children, grand children, babies, all ages.. 8 rooms 5 nights, August 2018, full board basis.
Great for children: Fabulous kids club (in which kids may stay without parents under supervision, for hours), with attached separate kids buffet restaurant, and attached kids pool.
Great also for adults. Nice spacious sea view rooms, with balcony, comfortable bed and shower, good free WiFi available also out of hotel, at lawns and beach. Nice outside pool (besides kids pool) and another indoor pool. Beautiful spa. Immediate beach by large lawns spread all around, with many sunbathing chairs, from which one can go 20 meters to the beach or 20 meters to the pool..
Food was very good. Buffet at main restaurant was very rich and diverse and really delicious. Generous breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. Every day, no exception. Music and dances almost every evening, nice and quiet.
Staff, each and every one, was amazingly generous and helping. Everything we asked for, was answered positively and generously, was arranged as asked for. Thank you Maria at reception.
One evening we celebrated a special event, for us only, privately on the lawn. Long white table, white marquee, lights, music, champagne, wine, special dinner served etc. This event was arrange beautifully, with extras we never asked for. The food served was rich, delicious, and lots of it. Thank you Yiannis, restaurant manager, it was simply wonderful. Thank you Georgiou, assistant manager.
Wedding couple of our family was offered with champagne and private special generous breakfast in room, complimentary.
All in all, great hotel, wonderful stay, great atmosphere thank to generosity of staff. We loved this place.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms with balcony were great
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Dear Shark1952,
Thank you ever so much for posting such an amazing review on TripAdvisor. It’s wonderful reading about the satisfaction of your big family of all ages!
Needless to say, I was absolutely delighted to read that you all, adults, newly wed couple and children, enjoyed your time with us so much, and in particular that our team were able to contribute to such a memorable experience for you.
Our team do genuinely take pride in welcoming guests to our hotel, and ensuring every detail is taken care of. It is not only a pleasure for me to read about their performance, but also a delight to share such excellent comments with them, and especially with George and Yiannis.
Thank you once again for sharing your experience with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Amathus in the near future. Please feel free to contact me at ageorgiou@amathushotel.com whenever you decide to visit once again our hotel.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Amathus deserves to be part of the Leading Hotels of the World. I booked 5 rooms for my whole family and enjoyed every moment of the 6 days we spent there during the last week of August which is the busiest week at the Hotel. The fact that the hotel was fully booked with many families and children didn't hurt our experience, mostly because the superb service and the great attitude from the staff. The hotel has a great location with two private beaches and vast grounds that get almost to the water which is a huge advantage. They aslo posses a children club plus a special restaurant for children. We had our meals in 4 different restaurants: The main restaurant is the Kalypso - mediocre food, Limanaki and the Grill Room (see separate reviews). While on the beach we had many light meals and drinks provided by the beach staff from the Helios Bar - great service and excellent selection of drinks and food.

Stayed: August 2018

Dear Eddy S,
Thank you ever so much for posting such a nice review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel.
Many thanks for mentioning that the Amathus deserves to be a member of t"The Leading Hotels of the Worlds". Actually, the Amathus since 1986 is the only member in Limassol Cyprus, of this prestigious organization. We are continuously upgrading the amenities of the Amathus and add new facilities and services, so as to comply with the needs of today’s travelers.
We are indeed very fortunate to have 2000 meters of sea frontage and 4,000m2 of immaculate sunbathing lawn gardens. Therefore, even when our hotel is fully booked, our guests can enjoy the luxury of space and privacy.
It means so very much to us that our guests feel so at home here and value my team as much as I do. As I always do, I will communicate your comments to my brilliant team.
Thank you once again for sharing your experience with us, and we, the entire team of the Amathus look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Amathus in the very near future for another unforgettable experience. Please feel free to contact me at ageorgiou@amathushotel.com whenever you decide to visit our hotel once again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Service excellent, staff very good could not do enough for you. Very clean, food very good, real five star. We got all that and more at this hotel and we cannot recommend it enough! Would definitely return with my family.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Dear BrightStars4
Thank you ever so much for posting such a nice review on TripAdvisor.
I was really pleased that you enjoyed so much your stay with us. It is rewarding to know our team has fulfilled your expectations and you intend to return.
For us at the Amathus, it is our pleasure to take care of our wonderful guests. After all, it is you, our guests, who make our duties worthwhile.
As I always do, I will share your comments about our delicious food with our Executive Chef and his brigade, while I will communicate your feedback about the cleanliness of our hotel to our Executive Housekeeper and her team.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Everything about this hotel was great, starting from reservation experience thanks to a lady called Vivian who made my request possible my family and I spent an amazing 5 days
my wife and my 2 kids spent great time
the check in was smooth and fast, the rooms are excellent I highly recommend a sea view
if you have kids this place cater for your need, kids eat for free as they have a kids buffet with good choices
Kids club and the kids pool with the two slides kept the boys happy
they have a full day schedule for kids till 10:00 PM and on a daily basis they have a special activity at 6:30 PM for kids
Food in general was good, hoped for more variety at the buffet, had two dinners at the grill room one with out kids and one with to celebrate our wedding anniversary
The staff of this hotel are genuinely friendly and helpful as it should be in this line of business
The pool staff was amazing, before even you wave to them they come to help
I noticed how they kept the pool surrounding clean and keep checking with guests if they need anything "Thank you Panikos, Yinnous and Luc"
I don't recall the name of the gentleman at the reception but I have requested if i can have some small cake to my room to celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary he replied saying don't worry will take care of it and yes they did
they sent us a lovely chocolate cake with champaign, juice for the kids, sweets and a lovely white roses
Sorry for the long review but those small details makes the difference in my view
Amathus thank you and a special thank to all your amazing staff who made our stay this great

Room Tip: Sea view on the 4th floor is great
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Dear Omar A,
Many thanks for posting such an amazing review on TripReview following your recent stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel.
I am very glad to read how much you enjoyed your most recent visit at the Amathus Beach Hotel and above all that your children had a fantastic time. Actually, our Pelican Kids’ Club is a heaven for our young guests, with indoor and outdoor activities, while the Kids’ Pool with the slides is the best attraction for them. In addition, a specific section of our beach and lawn gardens has been allocated for the exclusive use of families. In this way, our adult guests enjoy the tranquility of our beach and lawn garden surroundings, while families with children have their own private place, with lots to keep our young guests entertained.
I am delighted that we have met your expectations making your 6th wedding anniversary an occasion to remember. Our staff like to ensure that our guests have a truly memorable stay and so I am pleased that you liked the white roses, the chocolate cake with the bottle of champagne, the fresh orange juice and sweets, we prepared to celebrate this special occasion.
Many thanks for your kind comments about our personnel. Our team work hard to provide first class customer care for our guests and to ensure that they have received exceptional service. When these efforts are acknowledged it makes all their hard work worthwhile.
I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Amathus again very soon. Please feel free to contact me at ageorgiou@amathushotel.com, whenever you decide to visit the Amathus once again.
Andreas D. Georgiou