2,326 results
All reviewslimanaki restaurantlighthouse barlimanaki fishleading hotels of the worldfish restaurantkids clubsea viewindoor pooljunior suiteamazing hotelprivate beachfive star hotelfour seasonshalf boardspecial thankspublic areassun loungers
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

This hotel had the best customer service we have ever experienced. They looked after our daughter (who has coeliac disease) so well. We used room service quite a lot and it was excellent. The pools and beachfront location were lovely. I was however disappointed with our room, which was quite dated and not at all 5 star. The area around is also not particularly appealing or attractive. We would still love to return because of the way we were looked after by staff.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Colhooney
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2017

Dear Colhooney,
Thank you very much for sharing your view of the Amathus Beach Hotel on TripAdvisor.
I am thrilled that your experience was such a pleasant and hopefully memorable one, while I am delighted that you enjoyed our pools and the beachfront location of our hotel
It means so very much to us that our guests feel so at home here and value my team as much as I do. Above all, I am very delighted that your child had a wonderful time at the Amathus.
I look forward to welcoming you back to your new Amathus home in the near future. Please feel free to contact me at ageorgiou@amathushotel.com whenever you decide to visit the Amathus once again.

Reviewed October 7, 2017

This is a typical all inclusive beach hotel. The service from the staff is fantastic - Despina and Panagiotis are really great in the restaurant although to be fair all the staff are helpful

It costs €60 for a taxi from Larnaca airport to the hotel and takes about 45 mins. There hotel has really good facilities, a gym, spa, indoor pool and a great outdoor pool.

The reason for saying this is a mixed bag is due to 2 structural issues which are beyond the control of the hotel. Firstly there are only 2 small lifts in the main part of the hotel which means that at peak times it can be difficult to get into a lift. During the course of our stay one of the lifts broke down and was out of use for about 5 days. This meant everyone including those with prams (buggies) wheelchairs were trying to use one lift - utter chaos at peak times.

The other factor is the plumbing - small toilet pipes so you are requested to place ALL toilet paper in a plastic bag on the wall next to the toilet (see picture. This is not great at the best of time but if you have an upset stomach.....

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 1st or 4th floor. 1st floor room you can use the stairs. 4th floor is the top floor and the lifts are usually empty
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear LondonSunseeker22,
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review following your visit.
I am delighted that you enjoyed our facilities and more in particular our sea-water indoor pool, which is the biggest hotel indoor swimming pool on the island, as well as our spectacular Spa.
It is wonderful to read that you also found our personnel to be helpful. I really am incredibly lucky to have such an amazing team caring for our guests, and so I am thrilled to see their hospitality recognized! As I always do, I will share your excellent comments with them, and especially with Despina and Panayiotis.
Unfortunately, during your stay one of our guests’ lifts was out of order, requiring a spare part that we had to order from the factory. In the meantime, although it is very difficult to install another lift, I am checking with our architects the possibility of installing a panoramic lift somewhere outside the hotel, while the issue of sewage will soon be solved.
On another note, please note that our hotel is not an all-inclusive. Our terms of stay are either bed and breakfast, or half board, or even full board.
I very much hope your next visit shall be in the near future, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Amathus. Please feel free to contact me at ageorgiou@amathushotel.com whenever you decide to visit once again our hotel.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

We have stayed at this hotel several times in the past fifteen years and have never had a bad visit. Since our last visit three years ago there have been several improvements with respect to the layout of the grounds and the arrangements for the restaurants. The poolside service had improved compared with the last visit although the poolside menu could do with a wider range of light snacks.
Our room was, as usual, comfortable with a view over the grounds and the sea. When we arrived we received a dish of fresh fruit and a bottle of wine along with a daily supply of cold bottled water. The room service was reliable and attentive.
We tried all the restaurants as different times and appreciated the extensive menus and the impeccable service.
The quality of the staff throughout the hotel, their consideration, politeness and desire to help was outstanding.
The only fault was the unreliable elevator. The main reception area only has two elevators which is insufficient for such a busy hotel and the loss of one for four days created major congestion problems. But that was the only real criticism of the nine days we were there.

Room Tip: The best views are sea view rooms on the fourth floor
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Dear Ronald,
It was such a pleasure to have you staying with us once again and I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Amathus Beach Hotel on TripAdvisor.
I am very glad that you had such an enjoyable, and hopefully memorable, time staying with us. It is brilliant to know that you found your bedroom comfortable with an unobstructed view to the Mediterranean Sea. Above all many thanks for your kind comments about our personnel. As I always do, I will share your excellent feedback with my brilliant team, who I am sure will be thrilled.
I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel to contact me at ageorgiou@amathushotel.com whenever you decide to return to the Amathus.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

A true 5 star hotel in every sense.... great location with it's own private beach...and extensive gardens. Staff who can't do enough to make it a memorable experience. well done everyone. Will be returning.

Stayed: September 2017

Dear Philip B,
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us at the Amathus Beach Hotel. It gives me great pleasure to know that you had a wonderful experience with us. We take great pride in our personalized service here at the Amathus and I’m thrilled to learn that my team did everything possible to make your stay a memorable one.
Again, thank you for your fantastic review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future. Please feel free to contact me at ageorgiou@amathushotel.com whenever you decide to visit once again our hotel.
Best wishes,

Reviewed October 1, 2017

Just returned from 2 week stay at this beautiful hotel. I have been many times over the last 30 years and the hotel and staff are amazing. The only thing that lets it down is the dinner in the evening. I remember how wonderful the dinners were, so booked half board. Serious mistake. We went to dinner about 3 times and it was such a disappointment. Room service food was ok but we ended up going out to eat. If you want a relaxing stay then the hotel is perfect, BUT I suggest you book bed and breakfast.

Room Tip: Great sea view from 4th floor
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family

Dear Lesleydobbie
Thank you for taking your time to post a review on TripAdvsior about your recent stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel. How nice to know that you are a faithful patron of our hotel for so many years!
I are really very glad that you have enjoyed our service, facilities and personnel. As I always do, I will share your excellent comments with my team.
In the meantime, I have already convened a meeting for tomorrow morning with all the Food & Beverage Executives to discuss your constructive comments about the food in our restaurants. I can assure you that we shall do everything needed to keep happy all of our esteemed patrons.
Thank you once again for sharing your experience with us, and we, the entire team of the Amathus look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back “home” in the near future, where we shall spare no effort to exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact me at ageorgiou@amathushotel.com for your next visit at the Amathus and I will ensure that everything will be perfect throughout your stay.
Kind regards