2,469 results
All reviews kalypso restaurant lighthouse bar leading hotels of the world limanaki fish fish restaurant kids club sea view sea water kids pool junior suite amazing hotel five star hotel private beach four seasons half board family holiday nothing is too much trouble
Selected filters
Reviewed April 10, 2017

We decided to stay at this hotel after seeing the positive reviews at TripAdvisor and I am very happy for the decision. Since we did the booking at the last moment, we couldn't get the sea view room. We drove to this place from Paphos. Parking is free at hotel. When we reached at hotel, everything was ready. It feels like they are waiting for you to give you a warm welcome. Their guest relationship manager gave us a tour of the hotel, showed our room and she was very pleasant and kind. They had kept special bathrobe in green color for kids and my son loved the special treatment :-).
Rooms were nice, comfortable and very clean. Next morning, the breakfast was huge, lots of variety, fresh and tasty. Staff is extremely polite and kind. Restaurant is overlooking the sea and has beautiful view. Garden area is maintained very well. They have a beautiful spa and massage was very good and relaxing. Sauna and steam is common for men and women and overlooking the indoor pool. All the pools have life guard all the time so its very safe for kids. They have a nice kids club which had free magic shows etc. The promenade in front of the hotel is a very nice walk and there are many restaurants. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel completely and wish we could have stayed more time.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2017

Dear Runjita,
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us at the Amathus Beach Hotel.
I am delighted that you could spend such a special time with us and that my team did everything possible to make your stay a memorable one. I am particularly pleased to learn that you found our rooms nice, comfortable and clean and the stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea. To read your comments about our Breakfast Buffet is the best feedback my Chefs could hope for and I will be sure to share your kind words with them and the rest of the team.
Again, thank you for your fantastic review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future. Please feel free to contact me at ageorgiou@amathushotel.com whenever you decide to visit our hotel once again.
Best wishes,

Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

Fortunately as I write this we have still have a couple of days left in this great hotel.
From the moment you first step through the doors the emphasis on providing great customer service is apparent from the friendly welcome at reception and the refreshing welcome drink.
The service provided both at the pool and the private beach area is excellent with numerous staff visible for drink/snack orders and the pool area is always immaculate.
Breakfast can be eaten either in or outside with coffee and tea served by waiters.
To sum up an excellent hotel fully justifying its number one ranking on Trip Advisor for hotels in Limassol.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Mr. Gary H,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a lovely review on TripAdvisor while you are still at the Amathus.
I am delighted to learn of your excellent your experience with us and in particular, your comments about our service. We try to create an atmosphere to allow our guests to feel at home and really enjoy their time with us at the hotel. I will be sure to share your lovely feedback with all my brilliant team here.
We really do appreciate your wonderful review, and on behalf of the entire team, would like to thank you for your very kind words.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Amathus in the near future. Please feel free to contact me at ageorgiou@amathushotel.com whenever you decide to visit our hotel once again.
Kind regards

Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

6 night business trip, so it got a good test!
The room was a nice ocean view double. Very clean and everything as required. Comfortable bed, nice balcony, good TV. I slept brilliantly here which is unusual for me.
Power sockets by the bed for phones and vaguely decent free wifi which was user friendly.
Business Center has scanners and copiers plus it's free.
The grill restaurant is terrific. Breakfast is nice too although I expect in the season it is a bit mobbed with holidaymakers for business customers taste.
Pools and outside space looked lovely though I didn't try them.
The stand out part of this hotel is the staff. Every single one is brilliant from the Chamber maid, reception, waiters, doorman... everyone.
I travel constantly and I don't think I can remember such nice staff anywhere.
I will be doing Cyprus 3 times a year for work and will definitely be back. Thank you Amathus team.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2017

Dear Dogontour,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Amathus.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your business visit, and that you found my team to be the stand out part of our hotel. We try so hard to meet and exceed our guests expectations, and so it is wonderful to know that you felt very well treated. My team and I were thrilled to read this comment this morning. Thank you.
I am further so happy to know that you found your room very clean with a nice ocean view and the bed comfortable . However, the biggest challenge is the combination of all you describe above and the stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea from all our sea view rooms and suites. It is especially brilliant to know that you felt that you had everything you needed.
I appreciate your wonderful review, and so happy to know that you will return to us in the future since you will be travelling to Cyprus 3 times a year. I hope though that you will arrange a holiday at the Amathus as well, apart from your business trips.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Amathus very soon. Please feel free to contact me at ageorgiou@amathushotel.com whenever you decide to visit our hotel once again.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 8, 2017

We arrived after a horrendous 12 hour flight due to storms, at 7am instead of 11pm! We were shattered and miserable, but as soon as we walked into the elegant lobby and were greeted at reception with sympathy and fruit juice, we started to relax. We sank into our comfy beds, with lovely soft pillows and had a nap. We went down to the breakfast buffet a bit more refreshed and were wowed by the beautiful view of sparkling blue sea and the huge range of food available for breakfast. We were served tea and coffee at the table and then helped ourselves to breakfast. Fried eggs, pancakes and waffles are all cooked fresh at the counter and not sitting getting rubbery under a hot plate. You can ask for your egg to be cooked for you to your preference. I was also thrilled to see there was prosecco and sparkling rose on offer too!
Exploring the grounds we found a spotless outdoor freshwater pool surrounded by sun loungers, where an attendant will move your lounger to whatever position you like, put up your umbrella and lay your towel down. No need to put towels over loungers at dawn, the staff will find you the perfect spot. Waiters hover ready to serve drinks and food to your sunbed. The kids quickly found the kids pool with water slides. I didn't particularly want to sit round the noisy kids pool and didn't have to, as there were two life guards manning the slides and pool and also chatting to the kids and keeping them in order. This for me was a real luxury, life guards at every pool, so I didn't have to keep moving to follow them around and keep an eye on them. My son absolutely loved Rumen the life guard and actually cried when he had to say goodbye.
The ground are beautiful, manicured grass, swaying palms and a lovely view of the sea. The beach has dark sand, but the water is clear and clean and attendants clean the beach daily of seaweed and rubbish. The kids enjoyed jumping off a jetty into the sea.
The facilities are all spotless and luxurious, I didn't visit the spa or the smarter restaurants and unfortunately the fish restaurant wasn't open yet. I did an aqua aerobics class in the indoor salt water pool, which was free. They also do yoga and there is a gym, or you can run or walk along the promenade. The buffet was quite pricey at 40 euros unless you had a big appetite, but the selection and quality of the food served was wonderful. We ate a la carte most nights which was good value, as the portions were large and we had bread and water included. The local wines were lovely, although a bottle was quite pricey at around 34 euros, but a glass is about the same as UK. They had singers and musicians some nights, who were very good. The grounds look lovely at night, all lit up and I would recommend a walk along the promenade. We found a cheapish cafe down the promenade called Dreams Cafe, which served nice food and cocktails. We were quite early in the season so there wasn't much open and to be honest we loved the hotel and were happy to stay there. It helped that kids were able to eat for free that week!
Happy hour was a great chance to have half price cocktails overlooking the sea and watching the sunset either from the deck or the elegant bar. There was also delicious looking afternoon tea, which we didn't try.
We had an inland view room and the view was not great, a building site over the road, but with kids I didn't fancy worrying about them falling over the balcony. We couldn't hear the road noise, we did hear people above us walking around occasionally and the odd person walking past our door, it was mainly quiet until a family arrived next door who thought it was ok to let their child play the recorder at 7.30 am. I didn't report it until later that morning, so don't know what reception would have done about it. Our room was serviced daily with fresh towels and bed linen changed every few days. We had water and chocolates left in our room. The beds were comfy and the shower was good.
It's difficult to comment too much on the location as lots of things weren't open yet, so can't say how crowded it would be or what other places there would be to eat.
The kids club was a bit too young for our two, 9 & 11, although they are not ones for clubs anyway, but there wasn't much for them to do other than pool and sea, which luckily is enough for them. Maybe in the summer there are other activities on the beach.
Like others have said in their reviews, what makes this hotel special is the level of service from the staff, we felt very spoiled and pampered, nothing was too much trouble. They were very patient with the children and always a smile. A child that we met on the plane injured his toe at the hotel and a member of staff accompanied the Mum and child to a local clinic in a taxi.
On our last day we were able to check out at 5.30 instead of 12.00 and the kids still had their free lunch and there was no extra charge.
This was a special holiday for us, we usually self cater, and have never stayed in a hotel this luxurious before, but we have had a tough year and a big birthday to celebrate and it didn't disappoint! The kids are begging to come back next year and I would love to.

Room tip: Sea view room would be lovely if you are able to relax and take in the view, probably not with kids, so just go down to the bar instead!
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Louise S

Dear Lit ouise S,
Thank you very much for taking so much the time to review in detail your stay with us at Amathus.
I am so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your time with us, and especially found your bed to be super comfortable, and our breakfast very rich. We take great pride in ensuring that each of our guests are made to feel very much at home at the Amathus, and so this is lovely to read. I have shared your kind words with my brilliant team this morning, and especially with Rumen, who are all delighted. Thank you.
It is wonderful to read that your children enjoyed our Kids Club which is a real heaven for our young guests.
I am glad to read how highly you appreciated the complimentary early check-in and late check-out. Subject to availability, it is our standard policy to offer complimentary early check in and late check.
It is very touching to know that we 'really made your holiday', and wanted to thank you for taking the time to share this lovely comment with us. It really means a great deal to hear from our guests when we have made a stay so special!
Thank you again for choosing to stay with us at the Amathus, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Please feel free to contact me at ageorgiou@amathushotel.com whenever you decide to visit our hotel.
Warm regards,

Reviewed April 8, 2017

Everything is so amazing here that it I can’t find any fault at all with this fabulous hotel!
I came to visit the hotel whilst fulfilling a working contract in Limassol and upon leaving the hotel my eye was caught by a beautiful young lady who works in Guest Relations. I noticed how friendly and welcoming she was with the guests and if a job was ever made for someone it is Odysseia! She was a big part of my decision to book to stay at this hotel.

When I arrived he service was exceptional, check in was hassle free, and all the reception staff were smart and friendly. My room was amazing, very light and welcoming and decorated very tastefully, I was absolutely astounded when I saw the view from the balcony. Perfectly manicured and very pretty gardens lead on to the beach. The view is unrivalled - no other hotel I have ever stayed in can match this! It’s a real feast for the eyes and I never got tired of the view.
I originally planned to stay for 3 nights, but I extended my stay for another 6 nights because when the time came I really didn’t want to leave this perfect haven.

The breakfast staff are extremely welcoming especially the hostesses at the door and the Managers. Food is plentiful, fresh and replenished frequently.
The staff at the restaurants upstairs are equally attentive and very professional and the a-la-carte food is super tasty.

I spent a lot of time on the beach and gardens and the pool and beach staff were second to none. They cover the whole area tirelessly to see if you would like refreshments or help with anything - nothing is too much trouble and it is always service with a smile.

Evening was usually spent in the bar or lobby area, which is both comfortable and inviting - even for a single woman.
On Saturday they had a band who were great - singing both English and Greek songs - the standard was very high. I’m a professional singer myself and I was very impressed.
Thursday had a duo - who were wonderful, and again sang both English and Greek songs. A young couple performed a mix of ballroom and latin dances through part of the night and were spectacular and very entertaining.
Downstairs in the Calypso restaurant was Gregory, a solo guitarist/singer. What a lovely and very talented man he is - he even allowed me to sing a song with him.

From the Reception staff, right the way through Restaurant and Bar Staff, to Managers to
Housekeeping, everyone was both friendly and showed the utmost professionalism at all times - they are all a real asset.
Special mention to:
Tatiana and Dziuginta for being wonderful receptionists - always with a smile.
Antonis, Lenia, Marios and Odysseia for courteously sorting a room problem because of noise from another guest.
Irina and Stavri for their wonderful smiles and kind words at breakfast.
Yotis and Christos who made me feel like royalty at breakfast and also made me laugh too!
Elena, Mary, Barbora, Laura and Nektarios for making me feel really special in the bar and lobby with their kind words and hugs.
Nicos, Alexi and all the boys in the gardens and on the beach for making my relaxation time stress free with assistance and refreshments.
I couldn't possibly remember the names of everyone, but safe to say if I could they would all have had a special mention.

Don’t miss out on the perfect opportunity to stay in a perfectly run hotel in a perfectly gorgeous setting.
Thank you Amathus Beach for looking after me so well!

Room tip: Sea view rooms on any level are just perfect with outstanding views. Well worth paying a little extra.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Karen B

Dear Karen K,
Thank you for taking your time to write such a lovely and detailed review about your recent stay with us at the Amathus Hotel.
It fills me with great pride that you chose to stay with us and I am extremely pleased that we went above and beyond to make your stay truly a memorable one.
I am indeed very glad that you liked the sea view from our sea view rooms and junior suites. All of these room types have an unobstructed and stunning view of the Mediterranean Sea, combined with the 4,000m2 immaculate sunbathing lawn gardens.
Rest assured that I will be sharing your kind words and comments with the whole of the team and especially with the persons you mention by name. I am sure they will be thrilled to learn that you had such a great experience with us here at the Amathus.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Amathus Hotel for your next trip to Cyprus. Please feel free to contact me at ageorgiou@amathushotel.com whenever you decide to visit our hotel once again.
Best wishes,