Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol
$165
$145
Ajax Hotel(Limassol)
$111
Kapetanios Hotel Limassol(Limassol)(Great Value!)
$77
Harmony Bay Hotel(Limassol)(Great Value!)
$93
  • Pool
$137
$102
TripAdvisor
2,216 results
All reviewslimanaki restaurantlighthouse barleading hotels of the worldlimanaki fishfish restaurantkids clubjunior suitessea viewsea waterindoor poolamazing hotelprivate beachfive star hotelfour seasonsspecial thankshalf boardfamily holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I am writing this review as a current guest of the Amathus Limassol - my only disappointment being that we are leaving Wednesday!

I'm writing this review whilst the Mrs is getting ready for dinner hence have all the time in the world so please do excuse me if I ramble on!

We arrived quite late into the night on an evening mid-week and being honest, we were a little sceptical... There was no doorman to help with the cases late evening evening hence we carried our own bags up to the room, there seemed to be only business people in the reception area which was of concern as we were here for a holiday and upon accessing our room, we were quite upset to have been given a land view room when we had specifically paid for a sea view room... We were a little concerned the first night...

HOW WRONG WE WERE!
From the second day onwards, we realised what a fabulous hotel this is.
We were provided an alternative room and an evening meal at one of the restaurants as a goodwill gesture which we didn't even ask for! This really is service at its best... providing a solution before a discussion is even required.

Firstly, whoever manages the service levels throughout the hotel or is in charge of training, you should be extremely proud! I have stayed at a lot of five star hotels around the world and I would go as far as to say for service and staff friendliness, this hotel could be one of the best.
Every member of staff is so attentive... simple things like asking how your stay is or if any help is required goes such a long way and is often forgotten at many resorts. Even the housekeeping staff smile, say hello and do such an excellent job.

We go on holiday to sit by the pool and relax! I am so glad we picked this hotel for this purpose. My only small criticism would be that the pool and gardens are a little bland in appearance... sometimes it's nice to have more of an interesting shaped pool with some scenery, also an outdoor Jacuzzi would be a nice feature to consider for the future. In any case, the pool is warm and a good size and we're getting some great use of it. There is also a large indoor pool with facilities which is a huge plus. Again, following on from my earlier point, the service is excellent... there is ALWAYS someone there to take an order for a drink and the pool attendants are extremely helpful and on hand to help. There are quite a lot of children around the pool area which we don't mind at all... it seems a really family friendly hotel and for those wanting quiet time, there is a separate adults only pool which we never used.

The room is excellent with a balcony looking right over the pool, restaurant and sea which is what a holiday is all about! After spending the first night in a land view room, I would definitely recommend anyone here for a holiday to pay the extra for a sea view room - it's well worth it.
We have a superior sea view room which is really nice... really modern with comfy beds and nice furniture with a balcony. The only things I'd point out are that the selection of English speaking television channels really isn't great and we got two single beds pushed together instead of double - they are extremely comfy though! In the bathroom, it's really modern and there is a rainfall shower which is a really nice feature.

FOOD -
... I love food, I live for food and enjoy quality food!
The food is great... At breakfast, I've never seen such a selection - there is even a chap making fresh yoghurt fruit salads where you choose what you'd like.

At lunch, there is a sandwich / sushi place near the beach or an a la carte / buffet restaurant.
So far we've had the buffets most days as it's quite simply amazing! So much choice of salad and different types of meat and fish for lunch and it's all really quality food. Service is as ever, excellent in the restaurants.

We've so far eaten at the buffet restaurant and fish restaurant for dinner...
The fish restaurant was superb - real quality food with a great selection of wines.
We shared the sea bass and will definitely return one night during the rest of our holiday.
The evening buffet was good... I can not eat all types of food and still didn't really struggle.
Average entertainment... not great but it's still nice for there to be a singer during dinner and it's entertainment as you'd expect at a hotel.
We are hoping to try the meat restaurant towards the end of our stay... It looks excellent so hopefully we will be in for a treat.

I always need to have access to emails and there was a strong Wi-Fi signal throughout the whole hotel and pool areas which was a real plus.

Overall, we've been here for 4 days out of 7 so far and I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel...
I am very fussy and this hotel ticked the majority of the boxes and we are having a great holiday!

Room Tip: Make sure to get a sea view room... we were in 444 which was lovely!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ben-Leeds-UnitedK
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you ever so much for this amazing posting!!! It’s so wonderful reading about your satisfaction.
We are truly happy to learn you are having such a great experience with our staff and that you like so much our food. It is rewarding to know our team is fulfilling your expectations.
We, the entire Amathus team, are wishing you to continue enjoying the remaining of your stay.

With kind regards,

Reviewed June 23, 2014

After a period of being poorly I was desperately in need of some sun, so I googled 'the hottest place in Europe' and the answer came up Cyprus, which I had never visited before. A few clicks on Expedia and I chose this hotel since it looked so pretty and had facilities which I thought suited a solo traveller. I was delighted with what was in effect a random choice. There was a lot of very hot sun, I felt safe 1oo% of the time and everyone was so friendly and polite. The environment was stunningly beautiful and all the facilities so clean. The food was delicious, fresh and healthy, my only complaint would be that here as in so many places in Europe, people don't get how English people like their breakfast tea

Room Tip: Chose a room overlooking the sea. Lovely to sit on the balcony watching others happily vacationing with the Med in the background. My balcony was positioned so that I could sit in sun or shade all day.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank sue c
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear Ms Sue C,
We were delighted that you chose Amathus for your first visit to Cyprus and to read your fantastic review. We are truly happy to learn you had such a great experience with our staff. It is rewarding to know our team has fulfilled your expectations. As I always do, I have shared your comments about our delicious food with our Executive Chef and his brigade. Also, I have discussed with him the issue of offering a bigger tea variety. I can assure you that on your next visit at the Amathus, you will have to choose from a big selection of teas.
We hope this will be the first of many visits.

With kind regards,

Reviewed June 23, 2014

The facilities of this hotel are impeccable and the rooms and food are amazing. We stayed here for a week and enjoyed every moment. The hotel beach is breathtaking, especially during the night if you want to go for a walk or a late night dinner. Loved everything about this place and I will definitely go back as soon as possible.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank LexxaV
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you so very much for your kind feedback following your recent stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel.

I am glad that you liked the new rooms and I will pass your kind comments to our Executive Chef and his brigade about our food.

Please do come and stay with us again which I hope is very soon.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed here for 15 nights in Jun and it is a lovely, lovely hotel. Beautiful rooms, comfy beds, gorgeous and spacious bathrooms, extremely helpful and attentative concierge as well as being in a perfect location. The one let down, was the restaurant staff and the length of time it took on each occasion we went for something to eat to get our food. We checked in on Sunday 8th jun and left on Monday 23th jun. From start to end, the stay was brilliant. We had a stunning 'luxury' suite on the 2nd floor Staff were snooty at times, and we left feeling they cared more for the guest who weren't staying at the hotel. We stayed in a Amathunta Suite and although lovely and spacious, I wouldn't call it a suite. Having said that, this hotel is a great find, and we would love to come back soon.
H.R.H Prince Faisal bin Mishari bin abdulaziz Al Saud

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank kreshanx

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice feedback on your recent stay at the Amathus. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the experience and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back during your next visit.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Was happy to return to my favorite Amathus and see so many wonderful changes! The new look of Limanaki is fantastic - the food as well. As usual the hotel keeps to it's high standards and was happy to be greeted by all the staff, many of which remembered us and gave us a really warm welcome...this is what Cyprus hospitality is famous for! Thanks everyone for a brill holiday, sad to be leaving tomorrow! :(

Room Tip: definitely sea view rooms - don't miss the beautiful view.!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank maria_tessa_ward

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the Amathus Beach Hotel.
I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us so much and in particular that our team has contributed to your memorable experience. As I always do, I have shared your comments with my great team. I am glad you liked the new look of Limanaki. This very special fish restaurant now features an expanded territory with an ocean-view bar, private beach-front dining tents as well as an upgraded menu with healthy local and international sea food delicacies, offering guests a unique sensory experience.

We, the entire team of the Amathus, are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.