“Day at Amathus Beach Hotel”

Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol
Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife came to Cyprus to visit friends. We decided to celebrate our meeting in Amathus Brach Hotel by the pool. We got an excellent service, food, drinks and wievs. This hotel is definitely one of the best hotels I have been!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ints R
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent visit at the Amathus. I am delighted to read your kind comments on the experience and to read how much you enjoyed the service, food, drinks and views of our hotel. I will share your feedback with the team here and I hope to be able to welcome you back again very soon.
Andreas Georegiou
email: ageorgiou@amathushotel.com

There are newer reviews for Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol

Reviewed June 13, 2014

I enjoyed a lovely (but short) holiday here. It was recommended to me by a business partner staying in Cyprus who knew this hotel well. The rooms I stayed in were completely new, on the third floor with a very modern design and all the necessary facilities with free coffee and tea which was a nice addition. Most of the nights I was eating in their wonderful Limanaki restaurant which opened just the day before I arrived - really a top dining location, right next to the sea (literally on the beach), very stylish decor, delicious food and friendly service. Don't miss it when you are there! Other than that the hotel also has nice swimming pools, clean beaches, friendly staff, fitness centre with very good instructors and incredible desserts in the Newbar...all which add to a great holiday!

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms are brand new
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so very much for your kind feedback following your recent stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel. I was really pleased to read your kind words and have passed them on to my great team at the hotel. Please do come and stay with us again which I hope is very soon.

My best regards,
Email: ageorgiou@amathushotel.com

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

We had a great time at amathus.Beautiful interior,a lot of amenities but more importantly great service,polite and willing to help you!maybe a nicer beach and to be closer to the city center I would have said,perfect stay!two thumbs up!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank a1leonidou

Dear Reviewer,
I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Amathus. I am truly happy to learn that you had such a great experience with our staff. It is rewarding to know our team has fulfilled your expectations.
Please do come and stay with us again soon.

Email: ageorgiou@amathushotel.com

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I spent last weekend in the hotel with my wife and two children.

We enjoyed every moment in the hotel...from the moment we arrived! We liked the beach area, the swimming pools (indoor and outdoor) and the restaurants. The hotel is recently refurbished (I think), looks new, feels nice and clean. Excellent location as well.

The hotel people were very polite and we felt extremely well looked after, they always had suggestions that proved to be very helpful, they even made reservations for us for front row sea-beds. Especially front desk manager and his staff were very helpful and patient from our time of arrival with children accommodation, beds etc. and throughout our stay.

As far as architecture is concerned the hotel was designed by TAC (Walter Gropius - The Architects Collaborative) and a local firm, and as an architect I very much appreciated its minimal but at the same time luxurious interior space, with exposed retarded concrete and designers furniture. Excellent piece of architecture which definitely stands out in Limassol...

We are visiting the hotel in the near future, for sure.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms have balconies, which is a must if you intend to spend much time in the room
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you so much for your feedback following your recent stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel. I was really pleased to read that we met your expectations in terms of the facilities and most importantly the service we provided you with. Your feedback regarding our personnel was such a pleasure to read, and I will be delighted to pass your kind words on to them.

Our Hotel is a great place to relax and I do hope that you get the chance to come and stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

This Hotel is very good. The staff are very friendly, helpful and efficient. The location is excellent and the pool area and grassy beach area are all kept very cleans there is a very good children's pool plus an adults only pool. The food is good and not overpriced, which is good as besides this Hotel and their sister Hotel the Four Seasons there is nowhere else that is worth trying.
The only thing which was annoying was that our friend was asked to pay £1,000 during his stay, because including his daily room charge this had reached £1,000. This was very untrusting of the hotel. If the hotel had asked me I would have made a formal complaint as it is very untrusting. Every drink in the lounge is served with a bill, it gave the feeling that the hotel is frightened you may run off after drinking just a cup of tea. This is a five star hotel which should know better. This is the same practise as Hotel de Duque in Tenerife.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony and sea room. The rooms with the pools are too expensive and unnecessar...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank FITASC_12
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

I was really happy that overall you enjoyed your stay at the Amathus. I was delighted that you enjoyed the location and service you received during your stay.
However, I was sorry to read that our payment policy was annoying for you. In our next management meeting, I will discuss this issue with the Department Heads and take all necessary measures on how we could improve this procedure so as to prevent any future occurrences.
Please do come and stay with us again soon.
Many thanks,

Reviewed June 2, 2014

My parents have gone since a year after the hotel opened. September every year and sometimes May too. The is more than 5*. On reading some reviews cannot understand why people go to Four Seasons for Food as you can get anything you ask for at this hotel - If you do not ask they do not know what you want. I know it is been taken over by Four Seasons but that hotel is far too big to even be remembered at all. We know the faithful staff and they know us and we could not wish for a better standard of hotel. The grass area and private beach is excellent and plenty room for privacy whilst getting the sun. Not lines of sun beds squashed together this also makes the hotel unique. Booked again for September 14 as many regulars are again we see the same faces every year this can speak for itself. a Great Hotel keep it up hope new management do not make too many changes. The Fish Tavern was in need of a new look so looking forward to seeing the changes.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are smaller than the mountain views which unfortunately do not have balconies but...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank marilynduff
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the Amathus. How nice to let us know that your parents are for so many years faithful patrons of our hotel!

Needless to say, I was absolutely delighted to read that you too enjoy your time with us so much and in particular that our team is contributing to your memorable experience. As I always do, I have shared your comments about our delicious food with our Executive Chef and his brigade. Your kind words will boost their morale even further. The Limanaki Fish Restaurant now features an expanded territory with an ocean-view bar, private beach-front dining tents as well as an upgraded menu with healthy local and international sea food delicacies, offering guests a unique sensory experience.

We, the entire team of the Amathus, are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in September.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

stayed there for a week in may . first thing i had to do was upgrade to sea view 420 euros even though hotel was about half full . so when you book put that into your figures as other side of hotel has no balcony, view of busy street and no sun , not 5 star . building a new restaurant on the front so building noise going on all day , no free drinking water in the rooms and a poor menu around the pool . good service and very good and pleasant staff , room menu is excellent . limassol restaurants around the hotel seem expensive and everywhere quiet . was not happy about the 420 charge as all the building noise , when complained have been offered 2 free nights if i return. poor compromise in my opinion wanted and thought a refund was due. overall good holiday but felt cyprus was poor value compared to canaries turkey greece .

Room Tip: sea view a must
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel.
However, I was naturally concerned that you felt that our hotel did not meet your expectations in some areas, and in particular within your guest room. Our inland view rooms are doubled glazed to block out any possible noise, while the balcony has been converted into a luxuriously furnished sitting room, with a large window along the room, leaving plenty of sun to come it. Further to your comment about the free drink, please note that our standard policy is to place a complimentary bottle of water and fruits in every arrival. As all of the above is not something I would expect, as we are usually so proud of the high standards we set for ourselves, I would welcome the opportunity to investigate these further, and as such would be grateful if you would contact me directly with a few more details, and I will be able to share this information with the relevant departmental managers. I can be reached at ageorgiou@amathushotel.com
Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you soon.