“a very nice stay , excellent hotel, high price”

Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol
Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
israel
“a very nice stay , excellent hotel, high price”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

it is the fourth time we stay in this hotel. this year we reserved the suite with the privet pool. in the past we had the junior suite.i think that the suite with the pool is for people who want to have a quiet corner, so the minute you put music or speak a few people together ,you get a remark from you neigbour , as it is so close to the other room. i did not see the advantage of the pool as it is small and not for swim just to be in it. the hotel has a wonderful pool and a pool for growen ups only and the beach is great so for us- it had no value!! we hardly went in.
Our suite was 519 it is the last on the raw and after it you have the location wherethe came with the lown cutter in the evning to throw the grass. a lot of noise!! it was during 2 hours around 2000 -2200 he came and went, it was unpleasent. it happend only one day but when you stay 4 nights it is a lot. also the maid did not come until 1400 so you could not get a rest, and she came again for evning service arond 1900 - so it does not make sens!! you room is a mess most of the day and between 1400 -1900 it is a train station considering the afternoon champagne and treets( which are very good and most wellcome...). so - i think the manegment should consider the time table of the work again- or add more people to the morning shift so the rooms will be cleaned earlier. we takled about it with the manger, he was very helpful and considerate.
the beds and linen are superb!! room is very clean.
i have to say the all the staff of the hotel is great, helpful , polite , efficiant and it is very pleasent!! congratulation to them all. the service in this hotel is great.
the beach bar team is fantastic , they work hard and give you a very good service. the food in the beach bar is great. we enjoyed our stay on the beach.
we did not use the spa this time.
the breakfast is execllent. the food in the hotel is very good.
so- to resume. we love this hotel. the small bemols we had this time will not change the fact that this is absolutely a top hotel. we like it so much so we have a dilema it to try once the hotel Amathus in Paphos..... we will see.
we recommand this hotel to you all.
we will be back.
the SEGALS

Room Tip: ask for sea view , it is worh the price!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
AmathusHotels, Business Development Manager, Amathus Hotels at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Reviewer

thank you very much for being such a loyal customer of the Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol and thank you also for posting a review on Trip Advisor concerning your recent stay.

We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. At the Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, one of “The Leading Hotels of the World” and the “Leading Spas”, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Your comments concerning the Housekeeping timings have already been forwarded to the Executive Housekeeper for further actions.

Rest assure that your positive comments will be passed to the rest of the Amathus Team. Such comments are very encouraging for all of us and enhance even more our commitment for constant upgrade of our facilities and services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future in one of the Amathus Hotels, where we shall spare no effort to exceed your expectations.

Email: kyennari@amathushotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Oak Ridge
Reviewed September 13, 2013

If you are in Cyprus, stay at this hotel. It is not the cheapest, but I travel the world and can tell you that this hotel is in the top 5% of the hotels in which I have stayed. I recently attended a conference at the hotel and the facilities, staff, ambience, and support was absolutely top grade. Located on the water, you could choose a swim in the Med, in the outdoor pool or the indoor pool. I was suffering from a head cold and the steam room was just the ticket to get m breathing right. The room was spacious, impeccably clean and the beds very comfortable. And for those who follow my posts, yes, there was free and very accessible internet. The hotel faces two cahllnges, bot of which are minor issues -- the food was inconsistent in quality and sometimes I had a problem conversing with the staff in English. regarding the food, I recommend you eat in the large buffet restaurant -- although it is like a cruise ship, it is excellent food and I found the staff there the most helpful. The food was better than in the restaurant and in the fish restaurant on the beach. The Fish restaurant was a huge disappointment, expensive and not very good. You would think they could cook fish well (as it is the theme), but the seabass I ordered was extremely overcooked and the service had a very difficult time with my order. The international nature of the staff is very nice, but the service has a very Russian tint to it, meaning that it is neither friendly nor helpful, but that is a minor point. All of the service personnel tried very hard to help -- it as only in the restaurants where I ran into challenges. Finally, if you are doing a conference, you definitely want Savas to help you -- he ran the conference facility and was extremely helpful in every way.
In sum, I am looking at ways I might return to Cyprus on vacation and stay at this hotel -- it really is a wonderful property and with a few minor challenges, it is a top 5% property.

Room Tip: The seaside rooms have a nice view, but the other rooms are cheaper and just as nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tanksmon
Dear Reviewer

thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor concerning your recent stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol.

I have already communicated your evaluation about the food to our Executive Chef for immediate action. To this end, I assure you that on your next visit at the Amathus in Limassol, you will notice the improvements in food quality.

We would like to thank you for having given us the opportunity to extend to you our "Amathus Hospitality", and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back at our Hotel in the near future.

Malta
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed at the Amathus in Limassol from the 12th till the 19th of August 2013. We enjoyed it thoroughly, especially during breakfast, the Limaki Fish Restaurant and the relaxing dip near the quiet pool area. The staff were very helpful, compliments to the the executive chef, Yiasoumi and all the other chefs and waiters who work hard in doing their best to meet everyone's needs.
The receptionist/s and concierge/s were very hospitable, especially the older gentleman (I forgot to take down his name) at the reception who was quick to make a reservation for us at Karatello & Artimas Restaurants at the OldTown.
Also, we made use of the water sport facilities and the Wellness /Spa. The treatments at the Spa for both my husband and I were amazing, aptly handled by the young agile thai therapists.. We loved the fish restaurant Limanaki down by the water's edge. The food was excellent and Mario, the elder waiter was exceptionally helpful and patient, but very quick with his service.
Of all the hotels we stayed in i liked the fact that the Amathus and all the other hotels on the strip enjoy a jogger's path along the coast, and a bicycle lane by the main road, where we cycled for 1hr 30 mins up to the old town centre . It was a lovely experience, and felt good getting up in the morning and jog on the easy track by the beach, with all the other hotels interconnecting from their private beach.
I would definitely come again to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone who is after a relaxing and pleasant holiday. Compliments to all the management & staff at the Amathus Limassol.

Room Tip: We had a seaview room on the second floor. It was worth every penny.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sonia B

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us concerning your recent stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol.

It was a real pleasure having you and your husband as our guests and we were delighted to read that you have very much enjoyed your stay with us.

Once again thank you for having taken the time and trouble to write to us and, in closing, we look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort in the not distant future.

Paris, France
Reviewed September 12, 2013

the best time for me and my family.. the hotel was more than we expected. the rooms were perfect with a view to die for. the staff impeccable and the service beyond our expectations !! we thank you all for making our stay perfect!! WELL DONE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer

thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read that you have very much enjoyed your stay with us and that you found everything of a high standard. I would also like to thank you for your positive comments about our team members who provided you with excellent service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel for yet another relaxing stay!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

The hotel itself is very respectful. I have been coming here since 1992. After not being here for 5 years I am happy to return to a very dear hotel to me and my family. Excellent service and and and ambience. Beautiful location and architecture.

• Stayed September 2013
AmathusHotels, Business Development Manager, Amathus Hotels at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Reviewer

thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor concerning your recent stay. It is so nice to have you back to our hotel.

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.

Once again thank you very much for your kind support and we look forward to welcoming back to any of the Amathus Hotels in the near future.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed in here last month in the occasion of my best friends wedding. It was incredible! My friend,the bride, was very happy with the oorganization of the whole event. Everyone was very professional but the best part she said was that they approached the wedding with such care and attention and welcomed her like family. The food on the wedding party was exceptional and we all had a truly memorable night. Now I am back in this hotel for a short business stay and was so pleasantly surprised that many of the waiters, receptionists remembered me, some even by name! Feels like coming back home. The weather is excellent like as if summer never left! So I am very much enjoying the pools and spa in my free time. As advice for those concidering this hotel is: you will really like it. The service is their top quality, nice rooms, good restaurants and impressive hotel facilities like pools and etc. Thank you dear Amathus you are the best! Alexandra

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alexandra B
Dear Alexandra B

It was indeed very kind of you to take the time and let us have your impressions from both your recent stays at the Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol.

Your very kind words about the quality and standard of services delivered in our Hotel are very encouraging for all of us here at the Amathus. The aim of the entire Amathus team has always been to provide the best possible service and facilities to all our guests, at all times.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

People are different and of course what determines whether they like a place or not is personal preferences and etc. I suggest that you come and visit and find out or yourself - definitely worth it. My opinion if this hotel (in brief):
- Beautiful facility. Modern and stylish with designer furniture and overall trendy atmosphere
- Neat rooms with breath taking views of the sea (of course if you book one facing it). Very good housekeeping service, rooms meticulously clean and all maids are most friendly and yet discreet
- Spa: a-m-a-z-i-n-g. Definitely in my top 5 that I ever experienced. Very kind and professional reception girls and therapists.
- Restaurants: didn't really try, friends were taking me out all the time around the island. However, breakfast was very rich, many options, healthy choices
- Service - friendly, not impersonal and definitely can feel good training done since all staff i interacted with had a good knowledge of "their stuff". So hope this helps, it's what I experienced from 6 days living here.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank RonyFa
Dear RonyFa

Thank you very much for sharing your experience concerning your recent stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol on Trip Advisor.

It was a real pleasure having you as our guest and we were delighted to read that you have very much enjoyed your stay with us. Our aim has always been to provide the best possible service and facilities to all our guests, at all times, therefore comments like yours, give us the strength to improve even further.

Once again thank you for having taken the time to post your review and, in closing, we look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort in the not distant future.