$202
GrandResort(Limassol)
$536
$476
2,240 results
All reviewslimanaki restaurantlighthouse barleading hotels of the worldlimanaki fishfish restaurantkids clubjunior suitessea viewsea waterindoor poolamazing hotelprivate beachfive star hotelfour seasonsspecial thankshalf boardfamily holiday
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Just spent another week here, our sixth stay in seven years, and enjoyed a very relaxing and enjoyable break in a Junior Suite. The staff are always pleasant, friendly and helpful, the room was immaculate, the gardens remain very attractive and well cared for and the hotel facilities are excellent. Breakfast is not to be missed and the one buffet we attended was lovely. We never tire of this hotel and, hopefully, will be returning in 2013. I was critical of the changes made in my review of 2009 but since then the Junior Suites have been partially modernised, although the black marble floor in the lounge is still not to my taste.

Room Tip: Try a Junior Suite, well worth the extra money and you are made to feel a little more special.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
ABHManager, Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

It was indeed very kind of you to take the time and let us have your impressions from your stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel.

Your very kind words about the quality and standard of services delivered in our Hotel are very encouraging for all of us here at the Amathus.

The aim of the entire Amathus team has always been to provide the best possible service and facilities to all our guests, at all times.

We would like to thank you for having given us the opportunity to extend to you our "Amathus Hospitality", and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back at our Hotel next year.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was lucky to spend 4 nights at this hotel and I can't say enough great things about the property. For starters its obvious that the service to guests is their number one priority. From the moment that you walk through the front door you are greeted with a smile and welcomed as if you have been there many times. The people behind the front desk are all very helpful especially Maria, they are there to take care of anything that you need to make you stay pleasurable. The service detail continues in the restaurants where small details are looked after from removing place settings at the table that are not being used to making sure that no dirty dishes stay in front of you for very long. The attentive service continues outside by the pool and outdoor lounges. At the hotel bars you will be approached within seconds of sitting down ready to take your request. I unfortunately got sick on my trip to Cyprus and was taken to a clinic for overnight observance and I can tell you that the hotel was incredibly helpful in this matter, not only did they connect me with an incredibly great doctor (Dr. Stylianides) but the hotel manager Eugenios called me at the clinic to check up on how I was doing and offered me his personal number if I needed anything. When I got back to the hotel I was sent 4 large bottles of water and a fresh fruit plate as well to the room from management.

The hotel offers every amenity that you could think of at a 5 star level. The rooms are clean, large and have very modern decorations. I had a massage at the spa which was great and I have never seen such an incredibly interesting spa design with lots of water everywhere and great mood lighting. There is a nice indoor pool and outdoor pool plus seating area on the lawn or on the beach. There are two tennis courts and a full gym with classes. I believe there were 4 restaurants as well. Breakfast had a very large spread of all types of foods and they have a chef that will make you any eggs that you like. The internet is free but you can upgrade to faster speeds for a fee. I found that the free internet worked best in the Lobby and pool area. I would strongly recommend this hotel if you find yourself in Cyprus there is no better choice!

As far as getting around to see the different sites in Cyprus I suggest renting a car at the airport. although there is just one major highway along the south I needed the GPS unit to find a lot of the sites due to poor signage. DO NOT rent from Dollar rental car, I had made a reservation for a car and it seems that they are located off airport and the company never picked me up. When I called them they said that they didn't have a reservation for me even though i had an email from Dollar with a confirmation code. Europcar, Sixt , Budget have cars at the airport and I saw a booth for Avis and Hertz but not sure if their cars are at the airport also or not. They drive on the opposite side of the road but it wasn't a big deal to get used to.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank travelxpertNY
ABHManager, Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.

Once again thank you very much for your kind support and we look forward to welcoming back to any of the Amathus Hotels in the near future.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Yet another great stay (20+ years and counting). On arrival you're greeted by friendly & courteous staff who make you very welcome.

Get to your room and everything is first class including the cleanliness, decor and the Egyptian cotton bedding, toiletries, well stocked minibar etc etc.

The reception area/restaurants/facilities/swimming pools/gardens etc are all extremely well maintained and presented.

You're guaranteed to find a sunbed around one of the swimming pools, in the gardens or on the private beach (without having to sneak down before breakfast to put your towels down)

All the staff from your arrival at the front desk right through to the restaurant and bar staff and the housemaids etc cannot do enough for you and treat everyone as "special"

This hotel certainly deserves it's 5 star rating and I'm not surprised it's part of "The Leading Hotels of the World" group

THAT is why we keep coming back time after time!

Room Tip: It's worth paying the extra for a seaview with balcony and top (4th) floor is the quietest with the best views too)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Firstly let me thank you for choosing once again the Amathus Beach Hotel for your recent holidays and we would like to further express our gratuities for your strong support and valued patronage all these years.

I was pleased to read that you have once again very much enjoyed your stay with us and that you found everything of a high standard.
I would also like to thank you for your positive comments about our team members who provided you with excellent service.

Once again thank you for all you valued support and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the Amathus Beach Hotel in the not too distant future for yet another relaxing holiday!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I went on a business trip to Limassol and stayed at this hotel. The hotel is right on the beach, but you can chose a long chair either on the grass or on the sand. The outside pool is very nice. The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. I highly recommend dinner at the Fish taverna within the hotel compound. Meze would be a very good choice for fish and sea food. Because Limassol is mostly a real estate destinations for Russians, there lots of them in this hotel as well, with their families or jst younger mistresses. Therefore it's not unusual to see a couple of them dead drunk in the middle of the day, barely walking between long chairs and the other tourists. However, they seem to be big spenders in these dayss, so any hotel would welcome them, as they keep Cyprus floating...

Room Tip: Regardless if you book and pay for your room 3-4 months in advance, you can still have the surprise of not getting your room when you check in and get a service room instead, which is not even a 2* room...It happened to one of us...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us concerning your recent stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel.

It was a real pleasure having you and your friends as our guests and we were delighted to read that you have very much enjoyed your stay with us.

Our aim always been to provide the best possible service and facilities to all our guests, at all times, therefore comments like yours, give us the strength to improve even further.

We have also noted your comments about the room reservation and allocation of your friend and i would like to apologize for this rare and seldom incident. We always try to provide the best of accommodation to our valuable guests but unfortunately very rarely some situations are unforeseen and out of our control.

Once again thank you for having taken the time and trouble to write to us and, in closing, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Amathus Beach Hotel in the not distant future.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed 6 nights in Amathus Beach Limassol in September, from the moment we arrived we were treated to 5 star treatment, all the staff are so nice, the hotel is beautiful, we had a superior sea view room well worth the extra money for the views of the pool and sea especially when the sun is going down in the evenings, just beautiful.
Cannot recommed this hotel enough to everyone............

Room Tip: superior sea view room well worth the extra money for the views
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Trip Advisor Member

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and memorable experience at the Amathus Beach Hotel in Limassol.
It gives us great pleasure that you have chosen us as your holiday destination, and that your stay exceeded your expectations.
Rest assured that all your comments will be passed on to the rest of the Amathus Team and may I take the opportunity to further assure you that such feedback is very encouraging for all of us and enhances even more our commitment for constant upgrading of our facilities and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and extending to you once again the “Amathus Genuine Hospitality”.