“Fautless!”

Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Limassol
London, United Kingdom
“Fautless!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Yet another great stay (20+ years and counting). On arrival you're greeted by friendly & courteous staff who make you very welcome.

Get to your room and everything is first class including the cleanliness, decor and the Egyptian cotton bedding, toiletries, well stocked minibar etc etc.

The reception area/restaurants/facilities/swimming pools/gardens etc are all extremely well maintained and presented.

You're guaranteed to find a sunbed around one of the swimming pools, in the gardens or on the private beach (without having to sneak down before breakfast to put your towels down)

All the staff from your arrival at the front desk right through to the restaurant and bar staff and the housemaids etc cannot do enough for you and treat everyone as "special"

This hotel certainly deserves it's 5 star rating and I'm not surprised it's part of "The Leading Hotels of the World" group

THAT is why we keep coming back time after time!

Room Tip: It's worth paying the extra for a seaview with balcony and top (4th) floor is the quietest with...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ABHManager, Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Firstly let me thank you for choosing once again the Amathus Beach Hotel for your recent holidays and we would like to further express our gratuities for your strong support and valued patronage all these years.

I was pleased to read that you have once again very much enjoyed your stay with us and that you found everything of a high standard.
I would also like to thank you for your positive comments about our team members who provided you with excellent service.

Once again thank you for all you valued support and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the Amathus Beach Hotel in the not too distant future for yet another relaxing holiday!

Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (568)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I went on a business trip to Limassol and stayed at this hotel. The hotel is right on the beach, but you can chose a long chair either on the grass or on the sand. The outside pool is very nice. The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. I highly recommend dinner at the Fish taverna within the hotel compound. Meze would be a very good choice for fish and sea food. Because Limassol is mostly a real estate destinations for Russians, there lots of them in this hotel as well, with their families or jst younger mistresses. Therefore it's not unusual to see a couple of them dead drunk in the middle of the day, barely walking between long chairs and the other tourists. However, they seem to be big spenders in these dayss, so any hotel would welcome them, as they keep Cyprus floating...

Room Tip: Regardless if you book and pay for your room 3-4 months in advance, you can still have the surprise...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us concerning your recent stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel.

It was a real pleasure having you and your friends as our guests and we were delighted to read that you have very much enjoyed your stay with us.

Our aim always been to provide the best possible service and facilities to all our guests, at all times, therefore comments like yours, give us the strength to improve even further.

We have also noted your comments about the room reservation and allocation of your friend and i would like to apologize for this rare and seldom incident. We always try to provide the best of accommodation to our valuable guests but unfortunately very rarely some situations are unforeseen and out of our control.

Once again thank you for having taken the time and trouble to write to us and, in closing, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Amathus Beach Hotel in the not distant future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed 6 nights in Amathus Beach Limassol in September, from the moment we arrived we were treated to 5 star treatment, all the staff are so nice, the hotel is beautiful, we had a superior sea view room well worth the extra money for the views of the pool and sea especially when the sun is going down in the evenings, just beautiful.
Cannot recommed this hotel enough to everyone............

Room Tip: superior sea view room well worth the extra money for the views
Dear Trip Advisor Member

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and memorable experience at the Amathus Beach Hotel in Limassol.
It gives us great pleasure that you have chosen us as your holiday destination, and that your stay exceeded your expectations.
Rest assured that all your comments will be passed on to the rest of the Amathus Team and may I take the opportunity to further assure you that such feedback is very encouraging for all of us and enhances even more our commitment for constant upgrading of our facilities and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and extending to you once again the “Amathus Genuine Hospitality”.

Portsmouth
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Our arrival at the hotel was short notice and my wife and I could not have been made more welcome. This is by far the best hotel I have stayed in for service which started immediately on arrival and continued through our short stay. Just two days since we returned and already been to agents to see about next year when 10 days are planned. The whole experience was enjoyable and next time I hope we get the time to explore the full facilities of the hotel which we did not have time to achieve on this visit. The location is ideally suited for access to the town and for extended walks along the sea front and if you decide not to eat in the hotel there are local restaurants which are close by.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms (south side)are more sunny and I think quieter as the main road is to the north.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ABHManager, Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

It was indeed very kind of you to share your memorable experience with us, and submit your impressions from your recent holiday at our Hotel.

Your very kind words about the quality and standard of services delivered in our Hotel are very encouraging for all of us here at the Amathus. We can only assure you that the sole commitment of the Amathus Team is to continue adding value to our services and to further advancing our leadership position in the hotel industry.

We would like to thank you for having given us the opportunity to extend to you our "Amathus Hospitality", and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed October 1, 2012

A party of four just for lunch at Kalypso restaurant. Nice and cool atmosphere, excellent and friendly service and of course fresh and delicious food! I would recommend this restaurant for anyone being in Cyprus. It has its own character and is not just a hotel restaurant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

I cannot thank you enough for your very kind feedback on your recent meal experience at our Kalypso Restaurant. I was delighted that you, once again, enjoyed our service and that the great team I am proud to have here have also once again exceeded your expectations. Rest assure that we will pass your comments on to them all.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Amathus Hotel in the near future.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Not our 1st time in Limassol but the first at this hotel. It will not be our last! It was lovely to see Cypriots on the front desk. Something a lot of hotels are missing. Check in was quick, professional and friendly. If I had a constructive criticism it was perhaps the hard sell on trying to get us to move to the Paphos hotel (sold as being an opportunity to see Paphos) did not make us feel as welcome given we had not checked in yet. Hotel has been refurbished and very smart but book "superior rooms" as standard rooms on 3rd floor are clean but dated and in need of decoration. Maids keep rooms spotlessly clean. All staff are so helpful and friendly. Gardens are lovely and well maintained. Check out the indoor pool and spa - lush!! Great area to be based in. No complaints.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ABHManager, Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Firstly we would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your review and for choosing the Amathus Beach Hotel for your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you were impressed with our facilities and service provided by our team members. Rest assure that your positive comments will be passed to the rest of the Amathus Team. Such comments are very encouraging for all of us and enhance even more our commitment for constant upgrade of our facilities and services.

Once again thank you for having taken the time to write to us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Amathus in the not too distant future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 30, 2012

After reading all the superlative reviews on this property, we, the 19 women celebrating our friends 50th Birthday changed our original choice of hotel, to the Amathus Beach Hotel, Limassol. Unlike other guests, there was definitely no champagne or cake waiting for us even though our tour operator had informed the hotel about the reason for our trip. Which is fine, not everyone is expected to get the same service. But there were several glaring situations which gave me no choice but to rank this hotel as average. The property is beautiful, no doubt and the 10 superior sea view rooms we had were large and fully equipped ( except the iron and ironing board which was a rare commodity and when you did manage to get one, it came for a fixed number of minutes). Room service, restaurants, poolside were all above average. But the beach staff needs to learn some etiquette in helping guests with their beach chairs and not point fingers towards other staff members to ask them to get the chairs for us. The valet parking definitely needs to be improved and fine tuned. We had four rental cars and on the first day when i asked the valet for my keys to the car one hour after he had parked it for me, he said someone had taken my car almost giving me a heart attack. After backtracking his memory, he realised he had left the keys at the front desk. On the second day, the valet specifically asked for my room number and said he would leave the keys at the front desk under my name after he had parked the car. A few hours later when i came downstairs and asked for the keys to the car, reception staff was unaware that any keys were left with them. Finally, after two of the receptionists had failed to come up with the keys, the third receptionist told me by the way that my rental company had taken the car back. I looked at them in horror and asked them why! when it wasnt due to be returned. I immediately asked them to call the driver to return the car and was told by the same receptionist that the driver had realised that he had taken the wrong car and was coming back. I told the receptionist that there was no need for the hotel staff to give my keys to her and she said that the rental car driver took whatever keys were left behind ( 3 different car keys). When the driver came back, she told me the receptionist had given her all the keys to which the receptionist looked over at me and said i should have never left the keys with the valet!!!. The entire blame was placed on me irrespective of their idiocracy.
I was still determined to shrug all these incidents off me because there is so much else the property has to offer. But, one final blow had to come. The day we were leaving, there was no water in the hotel ( our entire floor at least) so 19 dirty souls had to catch a flight without a bath. The water did come back eventually after a few hours but by then we were packed and ready to hit the road.
My apologies that this turned out an average to below average experience for us. I have done many reviews before and most are rated above average but i never saw that at the Amathus Beach Hotel, Limassol.

Room Tip: go for the superior sea view hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank dubaiite
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your full expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Amathus Beach Hotel one of "The Leading Hotels of the World", we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the issues and prevent any future occurrences.

What you have experienced during your stay does not represent the actual image of the Amathus - as you have correctly stated- and are unfortunate and seldom incidents. Especially i would like to apologize for the lack of water which was a very unpredictable and rare situation beyond of our control.