“offensive”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013

worst food in Limassol and a waitress she dosent care about custumer the atmosphere and music are horrible

5  Thank mike m

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We went to this restauraunt at the beginning of July. We got there early in the evening as we had a child with us. We assumed the reason for the restaurant being empty was that as we were early.

As we were vegetarian, we specifically asked for dishes that we knew would not contain meat or fish.

After a few spoonfuls, my wife had to spit out something that didnt taste right and had the wrong texture. On closer examination, it looked like a piece of meat. When we explained the problem to the staff, the manager would not face us and decided it was more important to carry on talking to his girlfriend. The waiter said it was a piece of meat and took the plate away. We assumed that they had gone to make us a new dish.

Instead, the rest of our dinner arrived. My wife was still waiting for her starter which had been taken away. So we tried to get the managers attention again. He reluctantly came over and said "whats the problem"? We explained to him what had happened. His response was "I have thrown the dish away....it wasnt meat...but I cant tell you what it was."

He refused to replace the dish saying that we had eaten from it. He threw the rest of it away so we couldnt have eaten it anyway. And to make it worse, rather than taking it off the bill, he charged us for it and wouldnt listen to reason.

They want to charge the same as, or even more than the hotels. But the service, attitude and quality of the food is totally substandard.

We had the most amazing italian in the Mediterranean Beach Hotel, the following day. The sevice and quality of the food was outstanding!

6  Thank Raj F
Philios_stamoulis, Διευθυντής at Al Pesto Italian, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

As the manager of Al Pesto Italian restaurant i would like to comment on the review of mister Raj F. Since 1986 that i work at Al Pesto Italian restaurant with my wife ("girlfriend" as mister Raj F said) our target is to reach the expectations of our customers.
Mister Raj F forgot to mention:
1. When the waiter informed me about the misunderstanding, imitiedly i valued the dish and confirmed that the food was up to our standards, because there was no meat as mister Raj F claimed, it was a piece of cheese which is included in the food he ordered (can be verified that the melintzane al forno includes cheese from the menu)
2. I offered to replace the meal but my offer was refused.
3. It wasn't the first time that mister Raj F enjoyed a meal at the restaurant.
4. On his comment that restaurants are more expensive than the hotels, our menu with prices is published on the facebook page: www.facebook.com/AlPestoItalianRestaurant
A review based on the true facts is important for us to improve on our service, us we respect our customers and thank them for their support.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Oh dear we were so disappointed that the quality of the food just didn't live up to our expectations following a recommendation from a local 5 star hotel employee . The staff were very nice and professional and the restaurant offered a nice setting however that's where the positives end. I ordered a chicken and mushroom pasta dish whilst my wife ordered the cannelloni along with a salad. Within five minutes of ordering our food was at the table much to our surprise, my meal was ok if not a little bland however my wife's meal was not up to standard it appeared to have been pre-prepared and then heated up in a microwave, it was pipping hot on the outside and barely warm on the inside, the cheese covering was impossible to chew and unpleasant, in hindsight we ought to have complained however rather than causing a fuss we paid and left within a short time. We really love our italian food and had high hopes for this restaurant however it was so disappointing. Unlikely we will return.

2  Thank Paul S
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Very nice environment. Their is a nice variety menu and the starters are very nice, I usually have the steak which is very nice.service is very good.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Had dinner here last night with some friends. This is one restaurant where I experienced the best service - friendly, polite staff and well planned serving. The atmosphere was excellent with soft music playing in the background and we sat inside where we could actually feel the air conditioning. The food was delicious especially the salad. This is one restaurant which pleasantly surprised me. Would definitely go back to this restaurant.:)