“New Menu at Caprice”

Ranked #67 of 1,049 Restaurants in Limassol
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Caprice head chef Vassos Michael works with Italian consultant chefs to produce a different menu every six months based on authentic Italian dishes with a Mediterranean twist of local fresh produce. Famed for fish and pasta, with a desirable wine list to suit, the Caprice offers a stunning view over the sea and is the ultimate in airy chic style. Adjacent to the restaurant is the Caprice Lounge and Terrace Bar, extending to the Pool Bar in summer. An extensive coffee, tea and dessert menu is served all day, with bistro lunch platters and a special snacks menu all giving choice to the discerning clientele. Trending in the Limassol nightlife scene, Caprice Lounge bar hosts live music events with a resident DJ keeping the beats going to the early morning hours. Impeccable waiter service, a unique cocktail list, comfortable sofas and the feature fireplace give winter visitors a warm welcome, whilst in summer, the blue Mediterranean waters and sea breeze ease travellers into total relaxation in the stylish boutique setting. Facilities • Breakfast Buffet • Restaurant (a la carte) • Pool Bar • Lounge Bar and Terrace • Bistro lunch, coffee and drinks menu • Event entertainment • Meeting/Banquet Facilities
Nicosia, Cyprus
“New Menu at Caprice”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Four of us were there on Thursday 9th May - the first night of the new menu. The new chef, Giovanni from Milan was at hand to answer our questions about the menu. The setting was magnificent. The restaurant is located at the Londa hotel in Limassol, and the views are probablly the best in the area. The service by waiters in white linen was excellent and the wine selection more than adequate. I recommend a wine from mainland Greece - they are superior than their Cypriot counterparts and not as expensive as Italian or French.
The menu was carefully thought out. The sauce on the octubus (appertiser) was a bit too rich, but otherwise superb. The turbo on lentils was excellent.

This is a five star restaurant in a five star hotel. We are going back soon.

• Visited May 2013
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Caprice Restaurant, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much for visiting Caprice and for sharing your comments. We very much appreciate your 5-star rating. Giovanni and his team are looking forward to welcoming you back.

• Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding high quality”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

As a vegan I was skeptical about dinning at Caprice, but this wasn't a problem at all for the staff and head chef. The head chef personally visited my table to discuss vegan options and then created a 'not on the menu' dish especially for me. Excellent service with wonderful food to match.

Visited May 2013
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Caprice Restaurant, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Michael,
Thank you very much for visiting Caprice and for challenging our Chef Giovanni. It was probably his first vegan Risotto. We are very happy that you enjoyed your evening and thank you very much for your great feedback.
Please visit us again.
Kenley, England, United Kingdom
“Fabulous handmade pasta!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Londa has an outstanding restaurant called Caprice, the food and service are excellent and the setting over looking the med surrounded by White pillars is very chic. Try the hand made pasta and gorgeous salads. Great selection of wine too.

• Visited April 2013
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Caprice Restaurant, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Louise,
Thank you for visiting Caprice and for sharing your comments. Chef Giovanni is very proud that you are praising his home made pasta. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.
Best regards,
Limassol, Cyprus
“new chef”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

As others have mentioned the restaurant now has a new executive chef and a new menu that is more Italian. The place has a nice ambience especially considering that it is part of a hotel. I had the stuffed squid on a base of tomato sauce for starter and a pasta course for main (technically a primo). The squid was nice. The pasta (tortelli stuffed with cod fish on a bed of tomato sauce and raisins) was really nice. The tomato sauce was exactly the same in both dishes. My partner had the tuna tartar with salad and citrus for starter. Although the fish was fresh the dish ingredients did not combine well and the grapefruit was overpowering and killing the taste of everything else. For main course he had the risotto with melon and prosciutto. It sounds strange but quite tasty. However it was loaded with cream bringing him major indigestion later at night. I find that restaurants in Cyprus (generally overpriced as everybody knows) cannot be bothered to make proper stock for a risotto, resorting to using stock cubes and/or cream and or too much parmigiano killing the dish.

• Visited March 2013
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Caprice Restaurant, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Anna,
Thank you very much for visiting our Caprice Restaurant with your partner and for sharing your feedback with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your starter and your pasta dish and we are also very sorry to hear that your partner did not enjoy the risotto. Our new Chef Giovanni is very proud of his risotto because both (Giovanni and the Risotto) are originally from Milano. Every morning he prepares the vegetable stock for the risotto in the kitchen. Upon ordering he cooks the risotto with the melon for 20minutes. After that 1 spoon of butter and parmesan cheese are added. He does not use any cream or stock cubes. Giovanni invites you to call him at 25 86 55 30 to walk you through his recipe.
We do hope to get the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.
GREECE&CYPRUS
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,929 helpful votes
“The New Italian Executive Chef makes the Difference!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

On every trip to Cyprus I ask friends who dine out regularly to recommend one or two nice restaurants…perhaps new ones. I am after quality and taste and extremely picky. I am a person who values good food and my closest friends know this well.
One of the two restaurants I was urged to visit while in Limassol was the Caprice. It was out of the question to go somewhere else and not come here when I heard the name of the Chef. I happened to know him and have dined a couple of times at the Italian chic restaurant of Kolonaki where he previously worked for a year. It happens to be close to where we live.

My first thought when I heard the name was that the Londa is lucky to have him but Cyprus as well.

The Caprice is a Signature and very popular Restaurant in Limassol favoured by celebrities and for many years on the Top list of the best in Cyprus -I dined a couple of times here some years back.
The restaurant as well as the rest of the Hotel has simple lines of contemporary interiors, bright, pleasing and very relaxing facilities. The options of dining are either inside the beautiful dining room, the terrace or deck overlooking the stunning views of the Mediterranean.

I was curious to taste the new cuisine of Caprise based on signature Seafood dishes. Giovanni recommended the Staffed Calamaro -a savoury tantalizing dish full of colour and taste worth to give it a try.
The Obergine soufflé with Caprino cheese and roasted langoustine was celestial –indeed a gastronomical delight but at the same time, I cannot find words to describe the Tuna Carpaccio with fennel risotto. Indeed it was –the piece de resistance, simply ambrosia!
The other exceptional dish I tried was Risotto with melon and crispy prosciutto. I found it flavoursome and yummy.
For the first time I tried Roasted Salmon in red vine sauce with potatoes. All other times I had it steamed or grilled but it was delicious and so tempting.
For dessert I had the Cannolo Crispy basket with pears and mascarpone cream. What a conception! A piece of art which I did not want to spoil at first…a sweet sensation!

The new menu is indeed interesting and Giovanni has set impressive standards. I knew the restaurant as a good one, but I found it outstanding now.
People prefer it because of its unparalleled service, fine quality ingredients, and good value for money. I highly recommend it for a friendly gathering, a romantic outing or a special occasion.

• Visited January 2013
6 Thank greekcypriot2009
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Caprice Restaurant, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Reviewer
We are so proud to receive such welcoming comments from one of TripAdvisor's Top Contributer. Thank you for a super review on your recent visit to our Caprice Restaurant! Chef Giovanni and his team are delighted to know that the new cuisine inspirations are much enjoyed and appreciated by our guests. Indeed, our new Italian a la carte has received a very warm response and positive comments such as yours make us even happier!
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again during your next visit to Cyprus.
Best regards,