“Far from the madding crowd”
Review of Neon Phaliron

Neon Phaliron
Ranked #47 of 1,091 Restaurants in Limassol
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The beauty of this restaurant is that it is not in the tourist area and therefore caters to a more demanding and appreciative clientele, mostly local. It is very nicely appointed, has extremely courteous and efficient staff, and serves excellent food. The fish (grouper) and salads in copious quantities were well presented and perfectly cooked.The wine list is comprehensive and includes a few oligarch-destined vintages!!
Parking is available behind the restaurant.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I regularly visit Neon Phaliron and take business clients here for lunch and dinners. It is a nice professional restaurant and always busy with professional business clientele. Fish meze is superb

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Used to go there in days gone by and the food always good, the waiters attentive and discreet. Clean and the cooking smells always smell fresh

1  Thank lucaMaroni_Cyprus
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Better then many others in Limassol. But definitely not the best.
Wine list is very good.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

My husband and I have been going to this place for two years in a row and it was excellent but this time it was…. so disappointing! First of all the maitre d’ definitely had a bad day – we were 30 minutes late for a dinner on Monday (the restaurant was not in fact buzzing with the crowd of eager people waiting to get in, it was empty) and when we came in and told that we had a reservation the man said that our reservation was an hour ago and that we were late. The last time I was treated like that was in my teens at school! As previously mentioned the restaurant was empty apart from some very important power people doing business… Our waiter seemed nice but tired and didn’t speak any decent English. We both wanted steak and that was our fatal mistake. Before we only ordered fish accompanied with the usual local appetizers and that was wonderful but this time was a failure. The steak which we asked to be cooked medium was so overcooked that made them almost impossible to eat. Apart from that my steak which was supposed to be accompanied by some Commanderia-infused sauce was covered with some heavy meat gravy with a strong peppery flavor which reminded me of the Hungarian goulash which made it really only so-so for a family cooking but for a restaurant which boasts to be one of the best in town that’s a real failure. Our waiter never bothered to ask whether we liked our food or not and when I tried to explain that my stake was not actually a medium he murmured something and went away… We also had some Asia influenced starters that were quite nice and deserts which were boring and an excellent and therefore expensive wine from Chile that unfortunately our pathetic meal was no match for. Overall we will not be giving Neon Phaliron another chance. The last but not the least: I’m not a person who would hold a grudge over a long service wait or steep prices but these have to be justified in terms of experience and Neon Phaliron fundamentally lacks any justification.

1  Thank InLoveNY