“Great day out”

Cyprus Mini Cruises
Ranked #4 of 20 things to do in Latchi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: For 36 years we have cruised the Akamas coastline and peninsula and our knowledge of the area is second-to-none. Enjoy a Latchi Boat Trip with Cyprus Mini Cruises.
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

On my first visit to Cyprus I asked in my hotel if they could recommend any tours. There are different options. Trips to different destinations, at different times of day on different boats.
It's worth having a good read of the brochures and ask for all the informationto find the right option for you. They my all seem similar, but they don't all stop at the same destinations.

I decided on the traditional boat, Koulla. It was excellent value for money at €25 per person. The cruise lasted from 10.30am-3pm and included a BBQ meal.

The main destination was the blue lagoon to stop for swimming in the beautiful clear waters. Other points of interest were pointed out to us on the way, but no other stops were made.

We arrived at the lagoon after 11 and there was plenty of time to enjoy the clear waters while the BBQ was prepared on the boat. We were then called back on the boat to eat and were served enormous portions of salad, couscous, yoghurt, meat and garlic bread. Everything was delicious. Wine and orange squash was also included with the meal. Other drinks during the cruise came at an extra cost (water, beer, other soft drinks, etc). but there is nothing stopping you from bringing your own water on board.
We were even offered extra portions of meat, which was cooked to perfection and well seasoned.
Fresh watermelon was also offered after the meal.
The boat was busy, but in my opinion not overcrowded.
There was plenty of time to enjoy the lagoon before and after the meal and didn't feel rushed at all.
It was a great experience to spend the day in beautiful surroundings. The music on the boat on the way to the lagoon was mainly Greek, a good mix of older and more modern songs. On the way back the music was more tourist orientated. I didn't mind it so much, but some of the people appeared to have endulged in a bit too much of the wine and were dancing and singing along loudly. Personally, I preferred the music on the way to the lagoon, but do understand they need to cater to different tastes, so that it is enjoyable for everyone.
It was one of my favourite activities during my time in Cyprus. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, I felt they were experienced, which also made me feel safe and I thoroughly enjoyed my day.

1  Thank 9deedee
"watched the sunset"
"food was lovely"
"long swim"

Reviewed July 24, 2018

We had the Koulla experience last year & had a great time. BBQ was plentiful but the day was a little too long for our then 3 yr old-he slept all the way back! This year we had the Nafsika experience & I have to say that the timings suited us better, especially as we went with my mum & step dad. We still got a good hour swimming & you really can't get any better waters. Drinks & fruit as much as you want. Would really like to do the sunset sail next year. Do book well in advance as they are all very popular trips.

Reviewed July 23, 2018

We did the 10.30-3 pm trip on the traditional Koulla boat which had about 40 people on it. We left the harbour and travelled to the Blue Lagoon with the captain pointing out things to see en route. When we got the Blue Lagoon we anchored for a couple of hours or so and saw, sunbathed and had an excellent BBQ lunch cooked on board along with wine and soft drinks. There is also a bar on board. It might have been nice to stop and swim in other places too but it it was a lovely day out.

1  Thank 879markf
Reviewed July 23, 2018

Boats are generally all the same so decided to go for this local company. Service is nice and the boat is in excellent conditions but definitely too crowded, which is fair for what we pay but it was noisy and uncomfortable. Fresh melon was amazing!

1  Thank Priscila_Fernandez