“Best hotel I have ever stayed in!”
Review of Anassa Hotel

Anassa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Latchi
Reviewed November 11, 2013

It sounds a bit over the top, but the Anassa was indeed the best of many hotels I have stayed in. From the welcome on arrival to the farewell handsake as we left, the service was exemplary. The room we had (extended studio suite) was spotless, well-equipped and roomy. I didn't recognise the 'showing its age' description in a previous review.

The food in the various restaurants was top-notch and in the variety of locations, from the Basiliko at the top end, to the Armonia bar, where snacks and light meals could be taken, the quality was great and they cater for all tastes. In particular lunch at Pelagos near the pool was always first class.

The pools are clean, the beach is ideally located just a short walk away, with comfortable loungers and attentive service, and the rest of the public areas are spotless.

The spa was also very good. My other half, a bit of a spa queen, said the massage was the best she had ever had.

As a venue for a holiday, even at the close of the season, it could not be faulted. It isn't cheap, but we didn't want a budget hotel with crowded pools and beach. For a special stay I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nicholas G
Jacqueline D, Manager at Anassa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Copperbottom27,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to submit your very kind comments regarding your recent visit to Anassa.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass on these comments to the hotel team. We are constantly striving to ensure our guests enjoy the very best and unique experience at Anassa, whether short or long visits, first time or returning guests.

We very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Anassa in the near future and if there is anything we can help you with in the meantime, please feel free to contact us.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We spent 4 lovely nights at the anassa resort. we took our 5 year old and 2 year old girls. the hotel is very child-friendlly in an elegant way. our kids enjoyed themselves ( at the kids club and at the playground) while we got some peace an quiet. Whatever you ask for, you get! my daughter is a very picky eater and they made her special meals. i asked for some panadol and it was immediately delivered. their buggy service is very effient when you want to get around.
The property is quite charming and beautiful, nice landscaping and very well maintained . The staff were very friendly and attentive. My husband and I enjoyed an evening at basiliko restaurant while the kids stayed with a babysitter. our meal was exceptional.
As for the food it was superb. everything we had was full of mediterranean flavor!
the only downside is the high prices. i found the kids club to be overpriced.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nanobeez
Jacqueline D, Manager at Anassa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Nanobeez,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass on these comments to the hotel team. We are very proud of being able to offer outstanding child care whilst being interactive at the same time to give parents piece of mind whilst they enjoy their time with us. We are constantly striving to ensure our guests enjoy the very best and unique experience at Anassa, whether short or long visits, first time or returning guests.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Amazing hotel with super amazing services. The staff is very friendly and very polite. The hotel located in a very quiet area. It is front of the sea and it is very relaxing. The food was absolutely amazing. The breakfast is very rich. We will go there very soon. Thanks...

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stavros22
Reviewed November 2, 2013

A nice property but showing its age & not in my view worthy of being a Leading Hotel of The World.
The rooms are tired & in need of refurbishment as are the bathrooms most notably the shower which is grim. For some reason , as we are at the end of the season, the curtains in our rooms had been removed thereby letting in early morning light . Upon asking about this, the curtains were instantaneously refitted giving the sense that the hotel was in wind down mode - otherwise, why were they not there in the first place?
Due to cool nights , restaurant options are more limited and all are dispropotionately expensive for what they try disappointingly to be. An evening buffet @ €60 per head is simply not worth it nor kept fresh yet by way of contrast, supper in a local Cypriot Taverna cost €60 for 3 for a feast fit for a King as opposed to the €200 plus in the hotel (e.g for a very odd combination of an English/French buffet).Supper in the 'fine' dining restaurants is simply overpriced for 'average' food & posh service when in fact a traditional Cypriot Taverna would be far more authentic & desirable.
The gym is appalling.It is neither clean, nor well maintained & the equipment is 10-15 years old squashed into much too tight a space for a property of this size when in fact a gym in the large garden area would be far more befitting.
The hotel is remote & not within walking distance of anywhere - so ensure you dont forget anything. That said, there are small stores in the hotel in the event of needing that emergency pair of Prada shoes but should you want something as mundane as chocolates or sweets for kids, no chance!
The hotel charges like the 'light brigade' for everything & one has the sense that although the staff are very friendly & helpful, they are always on the 'hard sell' - not befitting of a LHW property.
For late autumn sun we have enjoyed 7 days of sun & the gardens & property itself are lovely .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Robert D
Jacqueline D, Manager at Anassa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Robert D,

Thank you very much for submitting your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I was sorry to learn that you felt there were some improvements that could be made to certain aspects of the hotel as we are constantly striving to enhance and improve in all aspects to ensure maximum comfort for all our guests.

Although we provide light coloured cotton curtains in every room and suite, we do not offer rooms without curtains at all (unless specifically requested by a guest), black out curtains are not the usual standard as most guests prefer to enjoy the light airy feel in the rooms. That being said, there are some guests who may be light sensitive and prefer to have black out curtains which we place in the room gladly as we did on the occasion of your stay. I hope this helped to make your stay more comfortable.

Our three main restaurants are made available for dinner, namely the Amphora, Helios and Basiliko our fine dining restaurant and the Armonia lounge bar and from our previous experience, the Pelagos is not very popular when the weather cools down at night so we do not offer this as a fourth option as with limited guests it was not very the most popular dining venue.

As we do offer a fitness centre situated in the Spa, we have taken your comments very seriously and will take these into consideration for future plans within this specific area as we take into careful consideration all of our guest's feedback.

I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Anassa at some point in the future and if I can assist with anything else in the meantime, please do let me know.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed in the sea view rooms overlooking the Bay looking back at Latchi, The hotel is amazing and completely enjoyed our stay. The staff were very helpful and attentive and made sure that you were looked after every minute of our stay. Every corner you turn its a photograph stunning architecture which is amazing. We visited the spa and was impressed with the pool and other features ( I am a wellness and Spa designer ). So I get to see a lot of spas in my line of work. The spa offered treatments Sauna Steam and exercise, The bar areas was nice with indoor and outdoor areas overlooking the sea. The main pool is very nice and also Kids pools overlooked by villas and apartments.
The beach area was clean and well looked after quite with great views.
The chapel area is nice and a great place to get married.
I would stay again with out a doubt.
Breakfast is a treat too.
Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacqueline D, Manager at Anassa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dear Gary S,

Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was our second stay at Anassa and, if anything, was even better than the first. Sometimes a return visit can yield disappointment or expectations that cannot be met. Sometimes second time around you spot the cracks that you glossed over in the initial excitement of a first stay. For us though this was a perfect week. The hotel is stunning and under Caroline Filtzinger (the newish Manager) the whole staff are incredibly welcoming, helpful and friendly without ever tipping into that rather cloying, 'try too hard' service which makes some 5* hotel experiences much less appealing. Many are long-standing which must be a good sign. The hotel opened in 1998 and many of the staff have been there from the start, the lovely manageress of the Amphora restaurant was employee number 6 for example!
Lovely surroundings, great food (do eat in the Helios restaurant during your stay, it is superb), amazing service and everything runs like clockwork. As a result Anassa now tops our list of favourite places to stay. It would take something truly incredible to knock it off.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Jacqueline D, Manager at Anassa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear MatthewHeath,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for taking the time to submit your very kind comments regarding your recent stay with us here at Anassa.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your second stay with us even more than your first visit as we are constanstly striving to enhance and improve our guests' experience whether staying with us for the first time or welcoming repeat guests to the hotel.

I will be sure to pass on your remarks to the entire Anassa team and we of course, look forward to welcoming you back to Anassa for your third visit.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is the best hotel in Cyprus by far. I have stayed in most of the 5 star hotels in Cyprus and this is the most beautiful, exclusive and luxurious. The food and service is out of this world. The beach is gorgeous with luxurious sun beds golden sands and attentive service. I have visited this hotel twice and I will most certainly be visiting it again. My only upset is I didnt see it sooner and get married there. I love this hotel. Highly recommended. The spa is amazing and you can see why many celebrities have holidayed at this exclusive location.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MarinaAndrou
Jacqueline D, Manager at Anassa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear MarinaAndrou,

I would like to thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent visit to Anassa and I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be coming back to visit us again soon.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the entire hotel team and in particular to the team at Thalassa Spa that you very kindly mentioned.

We do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Anassa in the near future and please do let me know if there is anything else I can help with in the meantime,

Executive Assistant Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Latchi
Aphrodite Beach Hotel
The Annabelle
#10 of 85 in Paphos
13 mi away
Coral Beach Hotel & Resort

Been to Anassa Hotel? Share your experiences!