“Stunning, the website does not do it justice”
Review of Anassa Hotel

Anassa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Latchi
“Stunning, the website does not do it justice”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is the best hotel in Cyprus by far. I have stayed in most of the 5 star hotels in Cyprus and this is the most beautiful, exclusive and luxurious. The food and service is out of this world. The beach is gorgeous with luxurious sun beds golden sands and attentive service. I have visited this hotel twice and I will most certainly be visiting it again. My only upset is I didnt see it sooner and get married there. I love this hotel. Highly recommended. The spa is amazing and you can see why many celebrities have holidayed at this exclusive location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MarinaAndrou
Jacqueline D, Manager at Anassa Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear MarinaAndrou,

I would like to thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent visit to Anassa and I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be coming back to visit us again soon.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the entire hotel team and in particular to the team at Thalassa Spa that you very kindly mentioned.

We do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Anassa in the near future and please do let me know if there is anything else I can help with in the meantime,

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed October 20, 2013

the place is definitely heavenly. but if you dont own a private jet (yes there is a landing area for those) it is a lonnnnnnngggggg drive from the airport that got me thinking: oh my god i dont need this. the rooms are very nice (could be nicer for the amount spent) and are very true to the greek look and feel the place has on you. we had a room facing the pool so it was a bit noisy but still great. we had seafood on the premises which was just OK, and the treatments were very good although you had to actually take a trolly to reach the spa building. i heard of people getting married in that cute chapel they have there which i think could be great. the breakfast is great. some of the rooms have private pools outside the room (we had one) but in the pictures they look way larger then actually are, so if that is alot more expensive, give it up.

Room Tip: because the rooms in the hotel are scattered all around the (fairly large) area, and in many cases y...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank YAELMOSES
Jacqueline D, Manager at Anassa Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Yaelmoses,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit very kind comments regarding your recent visit to Anassa.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass on these comments to the hotel team. We are constantly striving to ensure our guests enjoy the very best and unique experience at Anassa, whether short or long visits, first time or returning guests.

As you quite rightly mention, we do hold many weddings here at Anassa as it is an ideal venue for such a special occasion.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Anassa in the near future and if there is anything we can help you with in the meantime, please feel free to contact us.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

We were moved to this hotel from the sister hotel (almyra-which we hated) and absolutely loved it. Elegant, clean, amazing location, stunning views, great food and charming staff. We had a great time and its fantastic for kids, with a great crèche and very baby friendly staff. Would definitely return. It's a true 5 star hotel. We had a studio suite with a sea view which was perfect and plenty of room for the cot. Our son adored the holiday, especially the kids pool, and we were all very sad to leave.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear LondonLabrador,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to submit your very kind comments regarding your recent visit to Anassa.

We very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Anassa in the near future and if there is anything we can help you with in the meantime, please feel free to contact us.

Minsk, Belarus
Reviewed October 11, 2013

It was one of the best vacation ever! Hotel is placed far from the civilization but inside you will find excellent service, clean and spacious rooms, outstanding sea and really nice beach.
We had family vacation with our 3-year-old daughter and I should admit that Anassa is 100% ready for kids of all ages. Nice kids' room full of toys, games, TV and whatever child could wish, comfortable playground in a shadow, lot of toys and free fruits on the beach. Our daughter was very happy.
We chose b&b option and I should say breakfast was reach and tasty. Fresh orange juice, fruits, nuts, eggs, vegetables, meat, delicious porridge and baking, what else could one wish for the breakfast? Coffee was also one of the best and it was served with warm milk which was really nice.
Anassa SPA is perfect! Personnel, cleanness, smell, all was perfect. I highly recommend hot stone massage. It is perfect for relaxation.
Of course, some things I didn't like (for example mattress was too soft as for me) but in general I would like to come back to Anassa once again because Hotel is great.

Room Tip: Rooms in villas are the best choice!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tatiana L
Jacqueline D, Manager at Anassa Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Tatian L,

I was delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass on these comments to the hotel team. We are constantly striving to ensure our guests enjoy the very best and unique experience at Anassa, whether short or long visits, first time or returning guests. We are especially proud to offer an array of excellent services to our younger guests as well.

London
Reviewed October 3, 2013

In shoulder season, and uncrowded, this is the perfect place for a relaxing break. The hotel is set amid lovely gardens on a hillside above a beautiful bay, well worth the almost hour long journey from Paphos Airport.

The Anassa Hotel tries hard to be a five star luxury hotel, but is let down by its age. Our villa room was large and airy, but somewhat dated, with furnishings and floor that were neither modern nor interestingly ‘antique’. The TV was small, and as we were some distance from the main hotel we should have appreciated tea and coffee making facilities in the room. The bed though was large and comfortable, and there is an evening turn down. Good wardrobe and drawer space too, and lots of hangers! Though clean, with bath and a good shower, the bathroom was rather ‘tired’, with single sink, old bidet, and louvred cabinet doors. There was a useful line over the bath from which to drip swim suits, but nowhere near the sink to hang towels, which was very inconvenient. After a couple of days we discovered that there was indeed a waste bin. For some reason it was kept inside the sink cupboard.

The grounds are spacious and generally well maintained, as are all the public areas of the hotel. However in September it is dark by dinner time, and we found the lighting on the pathways and uneven surfaces inadequate, although staff were always willing to drive us back to the room if requested. The pools and the areas around them were neither particularly attractive nor inviting, and we preferred to go to the gravel beach where loungers, towels and umbrellas were readily available.

The food was generally excellent - too good in fact. We must have put on kilos during our week long stay! The buffets, including breakfast, were exceptional; fresh, interesting and with great variety. We also had an excellent meal in the Pelagos Restaurant, although the Helios was not so good. We drank and enjoyed the local wine, and bottles not finished could be retrieved wherever one dined the next day.

What makes the Anassa the successful hotel it is though are its staff, - every single one of them. Without exception they seem genuinely friendly, and anxious and willing to do anything possible to make each guest feel welcome and enjoy their stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Worlwide
Jacqueline D, Manager at Anassa Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Worldwide,

At Anassa, we also take great care to invite our guests to experience the typical Greek village setting with airy rooms and calming neutral interiors providing an elegant and understated ambience, of course it is important to constantly update and refresh the hotel and it's surroundings and we strive to do this regularly and in a discreet way.

Thank you once again for your very kind comments and we very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Anassa in the near future and if there is anything we can help you with in the meantime, please feel free to contact us.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013

A really fabulous, 5-star, luxury experience that is geared towards families. For example, there are "community" beach & pool toys for the kids, in addition to the free bucket & spade set that they gave the kids on arrival. One of the few downsides of the resort... the beach is somewhat rocky. If I was going back I would bring water socks/shoes so I could walk along the beach without hurting my feet. Service was really outstanding. It's not cheap, but it may be the best family resort outside of Disney World that I have found.

We visited in shoulder season, and it was really nice. I could see how visiting during peak times could alter the experience. While we visited with our 2 young children, there were main (mainly older) couples staying at the resort. I don't think I would recommend it for a honeymoon, but if you are OK with having kids around (there are some restaurants where they are not allowed) it offers all the 5-star amenities of a good luxury resort.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank American_in_l0nd0n
Dear American_in_10andOn,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your very kind comments regarding your recent visit to Anassa.

London
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Lovely stay here for a week. Hotel was very quiet so easy to get a table or place by the pool. Very limited spaces around the pool and the beds spill out onto the grass unless you want to be in one of the lines on the beach. Beach coarse and hard to walk on. Very friendly staff and food was great, especially the buffets. Lovely rooftop bar, one again suspect different in high season. Room very clean, we had one near the main pool, some around the back of the hotel don't have such great views. Would return

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacqueline D, Manager at Anassa Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Grigs,

Executive Assistant Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latchi
Almyra Hotel
Constantinou Bros Asimina Suites Hotel
Zening Resorts
Zening Resorts
#4 of 6 in Latchi

Been to Anassa Hotel? Share your experiences!