“JUST LIKE MY HOME”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of StayCentral

StayCentral front view
Open plan dining area Double room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
Open plan dining area
Double room
Twin room
Open plan dining area and living room
Open plan living room and kitchen
Fully equipped kitchen
Bathroom with shower
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

LINA K
Athens, Greece
“JUST LIKE MY HOME”
Reviewed October 7, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Very good location - close to the city centre and Finikoudes beach. Quiet area. Great owner. He met me at the airport, drew through the city and showed main places of interest, provided with bunch of maps and brochures. Apartaments were very clean, with comfortable bed, conditionier, all facilities in the kitchen. I was very satisfied.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Solo
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Oct 7, 2016
Dear guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to send this report
I hope to have the pleasure to see you again!
848gary
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“¨my worst experience¨”
Reviewed June 8, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

- in overall: poor customer service, the owners´ interest was more the money rather than providing a customer service to his clients

- it´s a noisy area (neighbourhood): a lot of traffic all night long (especially the motorbikes can make a horrible noise), waste/garbage removal at 03:00 a.m.

- the price is too high, this compared what you get for your money, the price/service ratio does not match, it´s not good value for your money, you can rent an apartment of the same standard and size in the same area (near the old town and the city centre for half the price)

- be careful when you sign the contract and make sure that you painstakingly read and understand all the details including the small printing before signing the contract, otherwise you´ll regret

Lastly, the deposit: the landlord shamelessly violates International law. When I wanted to move out, he flatly refused to return the deposit, which is my right, since no losses and damages were made. Only after long disputes and my fighting he finally agreed that I can stay one more week without paying. However, I've still lost EURO 200,00

To sum up: "be smart and clever, save your money and invest wisely:
don't go there!"

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the location near the city centre
Liked least: the owner´s failure to provide a customer service
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Jun 17, 2016
Dear Mr. German Bielmann,

I am very sorry to read your review and I am truly at a loss with the accusations you make here. You came to me at the end of April and enquired about renting out an apartment. I gave you our prices and informed you that we can offer discounts for customers wishing to stay with us for a few months or for a year. I explained that our policy for long term or yearly customers was to arrange for instalment payments in advance (over 9 months for a yearly contract) and a deposit. You returned on the following day to confirm that you wanted to take up an apartment for a year. I should also mention that we signed a contract of just 1.5 pages long which contained NO small print and clearly stipulated that it was a contract for 12 months, set out the total amount of the yearly rent and instalment payments. You paid the first instalment payment and deposit – two receipts were issued one of which clearly stated that it was for a security deposit for a long term lease.

About 2-3 weeks after you moved in you told me that you had issues with immigration, as you found out that as a Swiss citizen you were not allowed to live and work in Cyprus. Needless to say that this is basic information which one should know before moving somewhere... if you were in any doubt you should have opted to take an apartment on a weekly basis which was at a much higher rate. In any event, I sympathised with the predicament you found yourself in and not only did I agree to release you from your legal obligations under the lease but I also allowed you to extend your stay for a week and then for a further couple of days at no extra charge. At the time, you appeared very grateful and you never raised any issues. I’m not aware of the exact day you left as you did not inform me and you also left without paying for your electricity!

With regards to your complaints about the street noise levels, I should point out that your stay coincided with the Easter holidays and at this time of the year there is increased traffic in the area overall - the nearby historic church of St Lazarus gets a lot of visitors (especially for the evening mass) and the centre of town is busier due to the holiday season. Our apartments are in a residential part of the centre of town and significantly quieter than many nearby holiday accommodation.

Finally, I’m very sorry that you feel EUR 30 per night (being the approximate cost you ended up paying for the apartment) was not good value for money. We pride ourselves in being customer friendly and offer value accommodation in a central location. I would like to think that this is the reason we get many repeat customers and have several customers which stay with us long-term.

We wish you all the best!

StayCentral Management

Travelers are raving about these Larnaca hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing