“good with nice rooms”

Frangiorgio Hotel Apartments
Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Larnaka City
Reviewed January 2, 2012

The hotel was close to promenade and beach. There were many shops and restaurants. In the hotel is small market with drinks, snacks and other basic products. Room was really spacious with air conditioning and big windows but without balcony. The sight was on the other building but room was silent. It was comfortable place with elevator and living room at ground floor. Price per night is proper. Service was busy and absent sometimes in reception.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 16, 2011

I spent 2 nights at Frangiorgio.

The following were good things about the hotel:

1) Free wifi in lobby
2) Spacious apartment
3) Good storage space
4) Central location (about 5minute walk to seafront or shops)
5) Large fridge-freezer
6) Multiple balconies (2 bedroom apartment)
7) Price

The following were unsatisfactory about the hotel:

1) Poorly insulated from the outside noise (and there was a lot of traffic noise at all hours!)
2) Difficult and costly to access wifi in room
3) Poor selection of crockery, cutlery and utensils in kitchenette
4) Cockroach in apartment

I would suggest that this hotel would be best suited for budget travellers or friends rather than for family or romantic getaways.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank TravelLowdown
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Hotel is in central Larnaca and is only 5 minutes walk from the main area for bars and restaurants. Room was clean and a good size. Staff were helpful when ever we asked for anything or for directions around town. Would stay in this hotel if staying in Larnaca.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2011

This hotel provides comfortable no-frills accommodation in central Larnaca, with really excellent helpful service. We had a living room with kitchenette, a double bedroom and bathroom, all very clean and with plenty of space for storage. The location is within walking distance of the front and shops, and of the museums, fort and splendid St Lazarus Church. Inevitably, given the location, it was a bit noisy, but it does have double-glazing and aircon.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2011

A large group of us stayed at the Frangiorgio on a trip to Larnaca to attend a friend’s wedding. Our age ranges were between 23 – 50yrs. The apartments are only a short walk to the beach and the strip of Larnaca where there are many good restaurants and bars at affordable prices.

The apartments are ultra modern, newly refurbished, exceptionally clean and of a good size. Most of our party were upgraded to 1 bedroom apartments, even though we had only booked studios. The towels were changed daily as required, as were the rooms which were cleaned as long as the “clean room door notice” was placed on the door handle.

The Frangiorgio is directly across the road from the Easyhotel and minutes away from all the major high street thorough-fare of shops, many of which are recognisable on the high street in the UK - Topshop, Marks and Spencer, Next, Dorothy Perkins, Zara etc.

If you take a the right from the hotel, you will shortly come across the Personality Pub which is a great place to have pre-clubbing drinks at extremely affordable prices and in the good company of hospitable expats. The drinks at this pub are REALLY cheap. There was only the one club open in Larnaca whilst we were there - Club Deep at which you will hear all the latest beats and be in the company of friendly locals.

I would defiantly stay at the Frangiorgio on my next visit to Larnaca.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Travelanna1
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I have commented on the Frangiorgio Hotel Apartments in May when some relatives were staying here and I spent much time with them. On this trip I decided to book here since I knew exactly what to expect and I was very satisfied with what offered from my previous trip to Larnaca.

It is a good value for money, the apartments are huge and if you are lucky you can get an apartment on the back road which is slightly quieter. Of course I always carry my ear plugs along! Young people tend to speed foolishly any time of the day, so this is not a matter or problem of any of the hotels in the city. It can happen anywhere at any time of the day or night!

I stayed 3 nights here while in Larnaca. The stay was pleasant as I had everything I needed in the apartment. I never went for breakfast since I could prepare my own breakfast in my own kitchen, and I find people who complain about the continental breakfast here, totally unfair. They should thank God that the management offers any breakfast at all, as usually this does not happen elsewhere. Don’t forget that we are staying in apartments and not in a hotel! I had a huge fridge, full kitchenette with all amenities included, so why the fuss about the continental breakfast? The bedroom had a big wardrobe, chest of drawers, and there was air conditioning in both rooms. TV was a bit confusing for me at first because I had to use two remote controls to watch anything but it was easy when George showed me how to use it.

The Apartments are popular, and people who have stayed before keep coming back. The atmosphere is pleasant and the staff professionals. Most of the times the apartments are fully booked and for this reason I recommend booking well in advance. Internet is free here and as a Guide Writer I have much work and emails to answer, and I had all the time to check and do my work over my laptop without having to spend more money on internet like in other hotels in the area.

Another asset to the hotel is the mini market which is kept open 24 hours a day. It is too handy believe me and it surely counted a lot to me! The ladies working here and the staff are very polite, and helpful. They are truly experienced and this shows.

The rooms are clean, the sheets bright white, and the towels have a pleasant flowery smell. There was no washing liquid though to wash the dishes, but I kindly asked the lady who cleans and she left me some in my kitchen together with a sponge.

I got a taxi from the Airport to come to the Apartments in 5 minutes and I paid 12 euro. There are times when taxi drivers can ask for more but they never exceed the 14 euro which is the maximum they will ask. The apartments are only 5 minute walk to Finikoudes (Palm Tree Promenade) and from there one can pick the different buses for the villages and other cities. The bus stop is only 7 minutes on foot.

For people coming by car, there is a free parking lot behind the apartments. If you plan to hire a car and spend some days in Larnaca, I suggest that you do the sight-seeing first (two or three days) and hire a car when you finish with Larnaca and want to drive to another city. Most of the interesting things to see are simply in the round area where you can easily visit on foot.
The Tourist office information is just 3 minutes walk from the Apartments and I urge tourists to drop by and get the newest leaflets with info about places to see, and find out about the free trails in the city. The beach in front of the Palm Tree Avenue is ideal for little children because the waters are shallow.

The hotel apartments are ideal for families and not only as they are really spacious and there is plenty of room to accommodate two small children on the sitting room couch. I highly recommend it and I would certainly book again here than stay in a hotel opposite the beach front. I honestly would not trade it for any other hotel even if it was a 4 or 5 stars giving you the feeling that you are at your own home.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank greekcypriot2009
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Stayed 1 noight here, and we got a 2 bedroom apartment. The size of the place was huge, with cable TV, AC and all the usual apartment ammenities. Nice location, 5 minutes ftom the beach. However do not get a room facing the street: it sounded that they bikes street racing on my room. Good value, since price is low. Ah, internet on the lobby worked just fine.

Room Tip: Never get a room facing the street.