“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 40 Hotels in Larnaka City
Jacksonville, Florida
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I realized that at Livadhiotis City Hotel employees are treated as customers also. I meet Mr. Andreas the Hotel Manager and Cleo one of the Receptionist nice manners great attitude extremely polite very helpful.
The best companies today understand that excellent customer service is not just about being nice to your customers, it’s about understanding how strong customer relationships is pivotal to a company’s success. The better you understand your customers, the easier it is to build something that makes them happy. If you can hook a customer early on with great customer service, the better chances they’ll become a lifetime customer, improve customer retention metrics and create significant value for your business. “We treat you the way we like to be treated”

IMAD HERFY
Jacksonville, FL USA

Room Tip: All Rooms are very nice and quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Toulouse, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very centrally located hotel near to famous church, very modern with helpful staff. Have stayed here many times over the last 3 years and always got a good nights sleep. Easy walk to the town centre, old and new, and 2 minutes from the beach.

Room Tip: Go for the 2nd or 3rd Floor rooms as there is less noise from the streets below
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Beirut, Beyrouth, Lebanon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

No wifi in the room. Wifi in the lobby is . Towels in the room are stinking. The area between the restaurant and elevator smells like raw fish. No complimentary water bottles are offered like rest of the "4 star" hotels. No " vanity kits" and "sewing kit" are provided.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank Lubna_13
GREECE&CYPRUS
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,070 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

After more than two weeks of travelling around Cyprus I am back in Larnaca again and this time I am staying for 3 nights at Livadhiotis before flying back to Greece. This must be my 3rd or 4th time I stayed at this hotel. The last time was the first week the hotel opened its doors after renovations and I spent 5 nights with my husband at one of the rooms of the suite wing.

Although it is a 3* hotel -a family run business, it punches well above its weight. It is a contemporary boutique-style hotel, with an impressive bijoux lounge, a marble lobby, and has a touch of glamour and taste. Aesthetically I found it pleasing, bright and elegant.

Staff: I found them attentive and professional. I have known Andrea and Clio from previous times, but I have to add that Clio is really an asset to the business. She is exceptionally good, -professional with very good knowledge of English, with a thorough knowledge of Larnaca and surroundings. She recommends places of interest and helps guests with her tips. Of course the same stands for Violeta who must be new but she is attentive as well and I also have to mention the nice ladies from the housekeeping who were discreet and kind. Nothing is too much trouble for them.

Room: I had a warm welcome and in less than 10 minutes I was up in my room. I had room #315, a standard room this time. It was spotlessly clean just as I expected it to be. I could not believe my eyes seeing the iron in the wardrobe! I came across 4* & 5* hotels that don’t provide this facility. There is a safe and a little fridge and also a kettle with 2 sachets of coffee and milk –no tea though…but still this facility is truly appreciated. The bed was quite comfortable as well. Limited Channels on TV but it was ok. The double glazed windows are soundproof keeping street noise outside and there is a very tiny balcony where you can sit and have your cup of coffee. The heating device was working perfectly and was quite silent as well. If you wonder if my room had a nice view….well I might not have direct access to the beach but I took some amazing pictures in the morning as the sun was going up shining brightly above the Mediterranean waters. (see photos)

Bathroom: A standard bathroom with bathtub, spotlessly clean with adequate light, and bright white towels that smelled freshness. A hairdryer, a plastic cap and toiletries were provided.
Breakfast: Continental meets English and everything tastes fresh. The contemporary style of the restaurant makes the first meal of the day interesting and something to look forward to. I enjoyed my morning coffee along with some olive pie which was exceptional and reminded me that of my Grandmother’s recipe. In reality breakfast was more than adequate with biscuits, muffins, small pastry apple-pies, halloumi, daily fresh homemade cake, ham and cheese, honey and yoghurt, boiled eggs, sausages, croissants, apples and juice. What more would one want! Buffet opens daily from 7:30 am until 10:00 am at the ground floor (breakfast area). A nicely decorated back garden is also available for breakfast –weather permitting!

WiFi: Internet access is free even in the rooms. This was indeed unexpected and a nice surprise for me. There are so many hotels in the round area that still ask for a fee which is ridiculous. The internet café is open 24 hours a day and computers are even available in the reception area.

Lounge: The TV lounge is nicely furnished, ideal to relax or watch the sports or a nice film.

The Café: The Blue Café is stylish, bright, and beautiful. It is part of the lobby actually and it is the unique spot to sit and have a drink or dine. (I have a separate review exclusively on the restaurant)

Location: Right in the heart of the city, it rests in the beautiful St. Lazarus square and only a stone’s throw away from the shopping and commercial centre. Larnaca’s beach front –Finikoudes, is only a 3 minute walk and a 5 minute walk to the marina. There are great Pubs, Café bars and Restaurants in the round area and the Airport is a maximum 15 minute ride from the hotel. (I had an early flight to catch at 6:00 am and the taxi showed up in less than 3 minutes after the receptionist’s call). No need to book earlier, and what I paid was only 13 euros.

Highlights in the Historical City: Indeed there is so much to see and do in Larnaca and everything is in the surround area. Start your tour from the historical Saint Lazarus Church, visit the Ecclesiastical museum there, the Pierides private museum –you will be impressed with its exhibits. The Municipal Art Gallery, the District Archaeological Museum. These are only a few to mention. The Medieval Castle is just a 5 min walk from the hotel.

Public Transport: Local buses can be considered the most cost effective way of exploring all aspects of the region including local villages and tourist locations in town. This is an ideal way to discover small residential villages, scenic locations, talk with the locals maybe stop off for a traditional coffee in one of the village cafes –kafenio. Believe me it does not get much more authentic than that. This is what I do when I get to Cyprus -mixing up with locals in villages.

Free Half-Day Excursions: There is a bonus for guests staying in Larnaca’s Hotels & Apts till March. This journey will take you through authentic village life giving the guest the chance to visit Lefkara and Tochni, take part in traditional cooking sessions, have a stroll in the stone-paved narrow alleys and feel the Cypriot authentic hospitality. This is surely not to be missed!

In all this friendly atmosphere created a homely feeling and this is how I felt each time I was out and returned to the hotel. I had a nice stay and out of my heart I can say that I found nothing wrong with this place. It made me feel like home, it was cozy, the location was unique, food delicious, impeccable service, spotlessly clean and affordable.

I can’t wait to return. I highly recommend it not only to tourists but for the business clientele as I truly believe it meets the needs of a demanding guest. I honestly expected less and found more!
I come from Larnaca and I am proud seeing that some businesses do their best to make the guest really want to come back. I thank you all because you made me feel welcome.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank greekcypriot2009
Bucharest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

One of the best location in Larnaca; the room was very clean; the breakfast was very good, fresh and tasty; friendly staff. Very nice country with wonderful landscapes. I recommend trips to Agia Napa, Pafos, Lefkara.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rodicut
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for 3 days after leaving Israel .
We found it to be excellent . The rooms were immaculate and the service friendly . The hotel is located only minutes from the beach and close to some good restraunts .
We would recommend this hotel unreservedly . Well worth the stay

• Stayed December 2011