“Very nice in the best location in town”

Livadhiotis City Hotel
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Larnaka City
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Definitely best spot in town on the corner of Agios Lazaros pretty square just a few minutes away from all restaurnats, cafes and bars and the sea , but in the charm of older Larnaka.
Very nice lightful renovated rooms and really helpful staff at reception. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank scaprodossi

Reviewed May 13, 2012

This hotel is close to the centre of Larnaca between the St Lazarou church and the seafront. It's very comfortable for a night or two on business or passing through, but wouldn't suit those looking for a resort experience with swimming pool etc.
Staff are friendly, rooms good and modern with a/c or heating, though the location means there's some street noise at night (there's a youth hostel opposite the front entrance and traffic passes to front and side - quieter rooms probably at the back facing onto a courtyard and adjoining apartment block)
Breakfast is reasonably good, featuring bacon and scrambled eggs as well as more traditional Cypriot choices. Filter coffee is available from a machine.
Breakfast can be taken inside or outside in a shaded courtyard, and there's also a cafe/bar Cafe Blu open throughout the day inside and out on the pavement.
I was booked as part of a group, but quoted prices are not exactly cheap.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Vagab0nd53
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stayed at Livadhiotis City Hotel from, 2 May till 8 May 2012.This hotel, which bears the name of a construction business family, well known in Cyprus,is situated in the center of the town of Larnaca, very near the St Lazarus impressive church,opposite an old ottoman building, and very close to the Athens ave.and the Phinikoudes beach.Livadhiotis City has been recently rebuilt, so it is a historical new hotel.This was my second stay there, so my reservation was done by direct telephone calling, because my first stay, in February I think,had already befriended us with the people who run the hotel, as well as the personel.It is a small hotel, and has its workers, for keeps, so the recurring customer finds familiar faces around, when he arrives and when he needs something during his stay.
I am disabled and this hotel is the first and only of a series of same category similar establishments in Larnaca that I found to have a perfectly accessible bathroom, big to move around in on my wheels, provided with a big and strurdy chair to sit under the shower, a room with large window to wiew the town from top, tv set tft technology with satellite, and from the your room direct telephone service for international calls.
The restaurant in the ground floor serves the hotel residents at a promotion price of 20% less for their meals. I once stayed in for the evening, and ordered a fried fish mash and veggies dish, which took Alexander, the waiter, some time to prepare, more than I needed to finish my business with my apperitife, so I asked him to bring it up to my room later.My meal costed me some six(6) euros in all!
I even received a complimentary basket of fresh fruit in my room! I never lernt on whose kind initiative, but it was duly appreciated and eaten!
I had a small ilness during this last visit to Livadhiotis, I think it was too much of sunbathing. But it had nothing to do with the hotel people, who all wished me better.Thank You Cleio and Andreas, Violetta and Alexander, Thank You the cleaning ladies whose names I never learnt, and my good wishes to all of you and, more, to the little child who began walking in life on my presens, when awaiting my dinner of fish and veggies. My good wishes and my blessing for the new life!
A very hearty breakfast, with fried bacon and eggs,olives pie, salad and beverages in the morning, and then I roamed the streets, went to the museums, for shopping therapy,on organised walks in interesting parts of the town with a knowledgeable guide...Or sunbathed under the scorching sun that only the cool breeze would render it possible.
Try it!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank SPYRIDON-OF
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Arriving in Cyprus, we wanted one day in Larnaca to see the sights in the off-season. City Hotel was in a nice location, with an easy walk to the promenade, restaurants, and the historical sights. Check-in was easy, staff were friendly, the room was good size with a small balcony off to the side. It offered a great place to get over our jet lag (flying in from US). The breakfast buffet was nice - scrambled eggs, sausage, cheeses, meats, breads, cereals. No complaints. The room was clean, but it could have used some upgrades (bedspread, small TV, small table), although the price was reasonable. I'd stay here again without hesitation as I especially liked how easy it was to walk to everything.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the side (not the front) as it's quieter - no street noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank firehouse2Durham_nc
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed in room 106 for 3 nights, bed&breakfast in April 2012. Good value for money, very friendly and helpful staff. The hotel is in a fabulous location, a couple of minutes away from shopping center, seafront, bars, restaurants etc. No complaints about the room (not big but clean! and with the balcony!!!) except of the bed which was very hard for me. The breakfast was fresh and the quality was very good. There is a free Wi-Fi in the lobby, parking in front of the hotel and kettle+cofe+milk+sugar in the room (no tea).

Room Tip: ask for a room with the balcony :)
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie G
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for four nights, bed breakfast in mid March 2012, excellent value for money, very friendly, helpful staff, great bar staff and very conveniently located for the main shopping centre, seafront, bars, restaurants etc.
It is also just around the corner from Panos Steak House on the seafront which we found to be excellent with great food and service, not the cheapest but good value for money.
I wouldn't necessarily recommend an all in-inclusive stay because there is so much choice for eating very conveniently located close by.

Room Tip: Balconies overlook various positons, select one that offers the view you wish to look out on.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank emars10000
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Due to making decisions at the last minute we had to switch hotels and I came to the Livadhiotis on an impulse. From the moment I arrived I was impressed by the ease with which the staff did their job, and by their friendly attitude.

No complaints about the room. Breakfast was fine, though the coffee was not impressive. The hotel is central and a short walk to most important sights.

I wouldn't normally stay in a three star hotel but found this one perfectly adequate.

Downstairs there is a very pleasant bar, Cafe Blu, with staff who go out of their way to please their customers.

All in all this is a hotel I could return to time and time again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family