“Lovely meal”

Diana
Ranked #114 of 418 Restaurants in Larnaca
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

Looked nice so decided to try it.
Starters and main were both looking very and service was friendly.
Couldn’t fault anything.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

The Diana restaurant was given much praise here on Tripadvisor so I thought I give it a go.
The patio with an abundance of space and lots of potential was a plastic table and chairs affair with not much of a Cypriot feel to it. Visited on a monday evening around 8pm.
I ordered grilled Haloumi cheese and the other Cypriot special of Kleftiko.
The cheese felt a bit rubbery to begin with but was otherwise everything what you would expect from this cheezy starter.
The Kleftiko was a let-down. The meat being lamb tasted more sheep than lamb. There is a difference between lamb and sheep, both in taste and texture. It tasted sheep and was just on the verge of tender. The potatoes were rather soggy and tasteless, and yes..even potatoes can be excitingly well prepared, and these were just overdone. The salad consisting of green shredded leaves, cucumber, tomatoes and onions were what you would expect from a mixed salad. Add some quality virgin oliveoil and vinegar and you have a decent product.
There were two staff, one of which was a very service-minded and friendly lad in his mid-twenties(I guess) and a lady which communicated with the guests with one-word sentences: Ok?..Finished? The young lad did a great job taking care of the guests.
I give this restaurant the Average mark. If it not were for the very friendly waiter I would score it even lower.
Would I recommend this establishment? Probably not!

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Mavros41
Reviewed May 22, 2018

Lovely evening so sat outside where we could listen to the sounds of
Karaoke from the restaurant opposite. Really good food with plenty of fresh vegetables. Cyprus and international dishes on the menu. Chocolate Lava Cake for desert was delicious.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

This is one of around 8 places to eat within the immediate vicinity of Lordos Beach Hotel. I had a percent pork kebab and my wife, the fish one. Both were superb. The staff were welcoming and friendly. At the end of the meal they brought complimentary fruit to the table which was a lovely touch. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed October 19, 2017

Our last night at the hotel we treated ourselves to a meal out. This restaurant is just opposite the Lordos Beach where we were staying (look to the left if you are standing with the hotel behind you). We walked by the restaurant and there were a number of local people eating there which is always a good sign so we went in. It has a terrace where you can sit outside and eat/watch the world to by/look at the stars. The food was delicious and plenty of it - so much so that we had no room for the pudding at the end which was a shame as they sounded lovely.

Date of visit: October 2017