“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Opera
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Larnaka City
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is very nice, small and quiet hotel, located at the St. Lazarus square.
The service is very welcoming and kind, the receptionists are always ready to help. The rooms are clean and comfy and got everything you need.
There's no breakfast, but there's always coffee, tea and some sweets available at the reception, which the guests are more than welcome to use anytime they want.
It's not a luxury hotel, but if you're not looking for spa and big meals - it's just perfect for you.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Donara, Director of Sales at Hotel Opera, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear guest, we hope next time you'll visit Larnaka we'll be happy to accommodate you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

The best hotel in Larnaka that we have seen so far is Hotel Opera. Superb. We would like to thank the team for their generosity, cleanliness, friendliness, and reasonable prices. We already miss our stay there and would love to visit again. Jonathan & Maria.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Donara, Director of Sales at Hotel Opera, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Jonathan & Maria, we'll be glad to accommodate you again and make your stay pleasant!
Thank you for your kind review and see you soon.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed here the night before flying back to London - didn't realise that on Good Friday the Church of Lazarus would have a massive event on - meant parking was tricky - but we got there.
We had the best view in the town from our balcony - amazing!
It meant that sleeping was a little broken with the town center noises - but everything else was fine.
No breakfast - but 24 hour cake and coffee - very friendly service.
The bathroom was a little small, but functional.
Beds good, clean and firm. Room spacious.
The view - breathtaking.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We just can say - thank you, thank you, thank you!
GREECE&CYPRUS
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,860 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

I had no idea what the interior of this beautiful boutique property in Larnaca hides!

It was my sister first who suggested that I should spend at least a few days out here since she had recommended herself some of the decorative materials used in the hotel through her work. She was sure that I would be thrilled because she knows me well -I am after hotels with character. I did check for availability though but I was not lucky this time as it was fully booked for the dates I wanted to be in Larnaca.

Anyway, some friends from Paphos made it easier for me and at least I had the opportunity to see it before leaving Cyprus. My friends travel a lot and they are repeaters here so they had arranged their stay much before. When they told me that they will be coming to Larnaca to see me and spend the weekend together I had no idea that they had booked here.
I spent much time out here with them during that weekend….because if you see the interior you don’t want to leave!

AMBIENCE: While the forefront of the building is simple and does not tell that much, the interior is a Surprise! From the first step right at the entrance of the marble staircase leading to the first floor the feeling is something I cannot quite describe….I will try but you have to experience it all to feel the character of this hotel.

It is like visiting one of the beautiful Greek islands –Naxos or Santorini! The blue and white interior brings to mind the Mediterranean waters and creates a cool and relaxing ambience.
This particular interior is designed in a way that travels the guest. The simplicity and traditional island style décor in hues of blue and white and the combination of stone makes it standing out in elegance.

It is a family business and you can feel this warm hospitality. With pleasure I was shown around and I had the opportunity during the stay of my friends to book the room I liked best for September.

LOCATION: I would say it is unique. Right opposite St. Lazarus square, very close to the beach, shopping centre and the main attractions of Larnaca.

I will certainly write more about this when I stay here a few months from now.

TIP: Guests can have complimentary coffee throughout the day and night. There is also a free parking lot in close proximity to the hotel.

IN AL: I can’t wait to return in September! Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank greekcypriot2009
Donara, Director of Sales at Hotel Opera, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
What we can say dear...., Happy Easter! And hope to see you soon!
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

Hotel Opera was an oasis of calmness, the décor is so different with seashells and interesting art on the walls. The blue and white colours that remind you so much of Greece. There is coffee and cake available, also lots of fruit to tempt you if you want to chill out with a book on the terrace.
We stayed three nights on arrival and found the hotel is handy to everything, nice café opposite for lunch and great Taverna just nearby for evening meals. We drove around the island and found the North West great for seafood, but missed Hotel Opera and came back for another three nights. Parking is easy, just next door for E2 a day and the Receptionist put us in touch with a great hire care company who were very obliging, delivering car to the hotel and we dropped it off at the airport. The easiest carhire transaction I have ever made. Hotel staff were fantastic, helpful and friendly. And the hotel is very clean. A great place for a relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking St Lazarus can be noisy because of the church bells, but they are special beca...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ShellMcG2013
Donara, Director of Sales at Hotel Opera, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear guests, we just want to thank you for your worm review and we'll do everything is possible to make your next stay with comfortable!
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Spent 4 nights at this little Gem boutique hotel in a nice section of Larnaca, after a long flight from Los Angeles. Management including Michael, know how important it is to make their guests feel comfortable and hospitable. Very clean comfortable place and hotel rooms are well appointed.
Abundant of coffee, tea, and special cakes. In fact Michael offered me a delicious cake that was just baked by his wife. Personnel attention is what you will find here. Highly recommended!

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank kypros73
Donara, Director of Sales at Hotel Opera, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear guest. we'll be happy to see you again and want to thank you for your worm review.
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

We arrived after dark from the airport. First time driving RH drive car and it was hi-stress going. But after winding through the back streets of Larnaca, we finally arrived at Hotel Opera. Without doubt, it is the best location in the city and just a very short walk to the action on the beachfront.
The hotel is spotless - a huge plus! Breakfast is fine, especially when oranges are in season as they were in February.
Directly across the square is a souvlaki restaurant that features live music on Saturday night. Do not miss it! It's the real thing.
I lost my camera in the vicinity of the hotel. The owner was personally very helpful trying to retrieve it. I never did find it.... if anybody found a little Lumix, please send me the memory card with my pics.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking Lazarus square. It is beautifully lit at night.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ricky S
Donara, Front Office Manager at Hotel Opera, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear guests, thank you for your worm reviews! We hope to see you soon!