WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #17 of 40 Hotels in Larnaka City
Bucharest
“Pleasent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

August 2011 , very pleasant hotel. We had a reservation for 1 studio, but the hotel was fully occupied so we were lucky to get a suite instead a studio for the same price. The hotel is only 200 m walk to the beach , where the hotel offers free 1 umbrella+2 sun beds / appartment . The hotel is a modern building, medium size, in city center , in the shopping area, still the rooms are quiet and we slept wery good even during a loud beach -party
The rooms are large, with good air condition, the bathroom is OK for a normal 3 star hotel, no defects , the balcony is large , the kitchen complete with water cooker, bread toaster, microwave, heating plate , even electric oven, plates, knives , everything you need. In the morning at 8.00h allmost all tourist had breakfast on balcony , but if you preferre breakfast in restaurant, ask reception, there are a lot of possibilities. At reception you can allso buy excellent coffee from coffee machine, cold drinks, mineral water. Near the hotel there is a super market Orphanidis where they have a good choce of fruits , vegetables, cheese, meat , wine , beer , chocolate and there is allso a Zopa bread and cake store. The hotel has a parking and there is allso a laundry facility.
The hotel is near the Tourist Info Center , wednesday at 10 h a.m. here starts a free 2h guided walk old and new in Larnaca - interesting informations . Do not miss Pierides Museum and Archeological Museum both very near to the hotel.
Eleonora Hotel has no sea view, but in Larnaca sea view comes together with a lot of grill smell from the reastaurants along the beach. At arrival I missed a quiet sea view over Mediterana , but in the evening I was sure that I preferre Eleonora 3 flamingos water spring in front of the hotel .
During our 1 week stay in august we saw not 1 coacroache, not 1 mosquito , not 1 flie in the room ( we kept the windows closed allso beacause of air conditioning) Note that 1 month before our trip there was a big explosion at one of the 2 Cyprus electrical plants and the hotels , airports etc in Larnaca had electricity without interruptions but everywhere and everybody was asked to low down consume to avoid breakdowns. The 2 air condition units in our suite were so powerful, they cooled the rooms after 15 minutes functioning.

Room Tip: The rooms are exactly as in the photos on the hotel site, very correct described
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank YveBucharest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

After reviewing TripAdvisor for some hotel options I settled on Eleonora Hotel Apartments as the best option for me and my wife, and our three daughters (11, 13, and 15). Turns out it was a good choice for our family during our three-night stay; good value. I will stay there again if I return to Larnaca. Eleonora Hotel Apartments is a short walk to the beach (five minutes) and far enough away to enjoy a quiet evening of sleep without road or club noise. Eleonora Hotel Apartments has parking which is convenient if you rent a car. The room is exactly as advertised in the name "hotel apartments"; a basic, no-frills, clean one-bedroom apartment that's being used as a hotel. We stayed in room #401. The room was large with a kitchen, small dining area, and nice balcony. The hotel staff provided an extra bed for 10 EUR / night which easily fit next to the bed in the bedroom. You won't have many of the things you'd expect from a hotel (e.g. hotel directory, swimming pool, etc.), but we were provided with more than enough – attentive front-desk staff, vending machines, easy access to convenience stores, etc. During our stay I noted a few opportunities for improvement. The two couches in the living area fold flat to make two extra beds. The staff places a thin mattress on top to make it more comfortable. The challenge was the small, hard ridge that ran lengthwise down the middle of the couch. The mattress wasn't thick enough to cushion the ridge, so sleeping was a bit difficult at first until I got used to the ridge. I would recommend either upgrading the couches to a proper fold-out bed or providing a thicker mattress. The WiFi didn't work; we tried everything, but couldn't get it to work with our iPad or laptop. The TV is small and has poor reception; but we didn't care because we were only in the room to shower and sleep. And, if you take your towels to the beach make sure you trade them in for fresh towels before going to your room because the cleaning staff didn't replace the towels while we were out at the beach.

Room Tip: If you take your towels to the beach, exchange them at the front desk before returning to your room.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ExpatSteve05
Saint Petersburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

We have accomodated in Eleonora the 9-th time. It's great. And no another words. We came back to Saint Petersburg and became dreaming about next year vocation on Cyprus in Eleonora. We hope that Eleonora and our room will wait us. This year we suggested our friends to go with us to Cyprus and stay in Eleonora. They were happy too. We feel in Eleonora as in the home and reception is very hospitality and we would like to meet them again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Aliana05
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

As a solo traveler with a deep passion of exploring as many countries as I possibly can within my lifetime, Cyprus is the 42nd country I've visted and my accommodation experience at Eleonora Apartments is my best-ever. My original plan of staying 2 nights in Larnaca and then moving on to other cities of Cyprus was changed into 9 nights after enjoying great hospitality from the hotel staff ( especially Managing Director Panicos Paralimnitis and his friendly concierge Marina ), room amenities that suit my needs very well, and the fact that Larnaca is well-connected by Inter-city bus to other cities that it became my "home base" for day trips. I consider myself a traveler between backpacker on a shoestring and a tourist on a luxury splurge ( ie. I often choose medium-rated hotels over backpack inns and top end hotels ). Eleonora has my high rating because I was fortunate to be travelling in a slightly off-peak season ( early April before Easter ) and was upgraded to a family-sized studio apartment for my extended stay, at a very good rate of 55 Euros per night. The spacious bedroom, living hall with TV & sofa, well-equipped kitchen and a balcony with a nice view made me feel entirely at home. I used the kitchen to make sumptuous meals, watched TV programs on the sofa like what people used to do at home, sipped coffee on the balcony while looking at happy kids frolicking at the splashing fountain near the hotel. It helped that I do not make my itinerary too packed, or else just sleeping in Eleonora and not enjoying the comfort it offers will dilute the experience. There are grocery shops and minimarkets within good walking distance, so polishing culinary skills at the kitchen was a delight for me. An 8-minute walk from Eleonora brings me to Finikoudes beachfront, with lots of restaurant choices and the Intercity bus-stop ( from where I can catch frequent services to Nicosia, Agia Napa and Limassol ). With Larnaca as base, I could even explore Pafos on a day trip by catching the earliest 6am bus to Limassol for a connecting journey, to maximize the day hours. From the beachfront, there is also the Zinonas bus ( 431, 418 or 419 ) to Larnaca airport, as an alternative to taking the taxi ( cab fare around 12 Euros, which is reasonable ). Once again, thanks to Panicos and Marina for making my stay so memorable.

Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Lee_Wai_Hong
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

Stayed here with friends at the end of April for a long weekend and much needed break and was suitably impressed with the size of the apartments. We had a front facing apartment with a balcony which was massive even with the table and chairs on it there was loads of space. These looked out onto the lovely square with the fountains which was quite soothing in the background. The shower was amazing, very powerful which on past experience doesn't happen very often in the med, so top marks there. Apartments were very clean and well maintained with everything you could possibly want. There was an outside laundry room which was a plus if you are staying with children. The apartments were in a great location to all the nearby shops and restaurants and a 10 minute stroll took you down to the seafront. Take a right on the seafront and head off to McKenzie Beach which is a bit of a walk but well worth it as it is a lot quieter and there is also a fantastic bar called Yiomalu where you will get beach service so you can just sit back on your lounger and have a nice drink or snack delivered to your side, it also has internet facilities and TV's should you want to get out of the sun for a while. We would definitely recommend you stay at the Eleonora and big thans to Panicos for his kindness.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

Myself and partner together with my daughter and parents stayed at this hotel over the Royal wedding weekend. We had a fantastic big apartment that was exceptionally clean and kitted out with a very large spacious balcony with a table and chairs that overlooked the town. It was lovely to sit out on the balcony eating breakfast in the morning with a traditional cup of tea that can be made in the apartment or obtained from reception. A look to the left was the sea view and in an ideal location to stroll out to the very many shops and boutiques intertwined with lovely bars and taverna's that surround the hotel. The sea is also in a short walking distance and the the marvellous beaches with their blue unbrellas and sunbeds for hire that line the strip of Larnaca sea front.
The staff are extremely helpful and thoughtful and when we requested some more pillows these were provided immediately. The rooms have plenty of storage space for hanging clothes and drawer space and are fully equipped for storing your valuables in the safe. There are quilts freshly laundered to hand in case of the chilly evenings which did come in handy as the weather was a little unusual for May in Cyprus with a chill at night. However if it was hot there is air conditioning in the rooms that would be utilised if you need it in the summer months. The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you would need should you decide to have a meal in the apartment. The bathroom was laid out with freshly laundered towels together with shampoo and shower gels should you have forgotten to pack them in that hand luggage !
The hotel is only about 10 mins from the airport and a taxi will cost you bedtween 10 -15 euro, probably best to take the telephone no of the hotel with you just in case the taxi driver does not know exactly where it is although our taxi driver knew exactly where it was so we did not have a problem. if you have hired a car then the hotel does have a car park .
All in all we had a lovely time and I can not emphasize enough the ideal location as we had various ages in our family and it meant that we were never all ready at the same time. Having everything to hand around you meant that the younder members could pramble round the shops until the whole party was ready !
Overall I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to any one young or old (or inbetween) and may I say a very big thank you to you all at Elonora Hotel - your hospitality was outstanding.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 4th floor -
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank jhall1098
malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2011

This is the third time visiting Cyprus, without doubt this hotel apts were the best stay. Appartments are confortable, well furnished and clean with all amenities. Staff was very friendly. Ample space for private parking was available.

Thanks for the service.

Room Tip: Room 605.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple