All reviews main town area bed was very comfortable fair size hot water five minute walk fantastic location three nights salt lake plenty of sunbeds television cons seafront
Selected filters
Reviewed August 15, 2018

Very happy 6 days here. Highly recommended. Great hotel, great food, great pool, great chef. Lady on reception knew everything and was kind and helpful. Tidy everywhere and clean. Fantastic location, and a fantastic local souvlaki place. Also the cat hotel around the corner is super cute.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank estherrose3
Reviewed July 16, 2018

We went there for 4 days and I have to say, it was pure pleasure. Hotel was quiet, swimming pool area always tidy and welcoming. All staff were absolute stars! Especially Nancy! super helpful and kind.
Room was very clean, new and looked after. I read previous reviews and people were writing about low pressure in the shower or no hot water- non of this happened. We really loved it.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

This hotel has awesome value for the price. I don't know if they improved, but none of the bad comments applied in my case. The room was clean, and cleaned every morning. The staff was very friendly. Everything was as per description, although by looking at other comments I was sceptical. Someone complained in the comments for not having hot water. I had hot water all day, no exceptions. Big enough balcony, good furniture and air conditioning was working well. I have nothing to complain.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank salem0303
Ioanna T, Manager at Cactus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2018

Dear Sasa,

Thank you for your positive comments. We do try to improve ourselves continuously. The hotel was prior rented by another company and then we, the owners took over and renovated everything. Some of the older comments may be true but not under the new management. Thanks again for your lovely comments,

Best Regards

Joanna
Manager

Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 2 weeks from the 2nd May until the 16th. I was a bit dubious after reading some of the reviews so we booked room only. But I was pleasantly surprised by the standard of the hotel. I would say this is a 2+ or basic 3 stars. The rooms are clean. There was hot water when we went despite other reviews I've read it just takes a few minutes to come through but it gets very hot. They provide shower wash/hand gel that's really lovely smelling. The staff are all friendly and helpful, in fact we got to speak to a man called George who made us coffee as we wanted to go to see Kiti and he gave us a lift to the bus station.. We found out he was the owner! So they definitely go the extra mile. The pool was very clean and plenty of sunbeds. In fact the pool was never crowded which was lovely for us. . Although we didn't book any meals on my stay I did get hungry at one point and asked if I could get some thing to eat, although outside of their lunch period they accommodated me, I asked for a simple ham and cheese sandwich and they toasted it, providing aside of chips and garnish.
We had a really good time and I have no qualms in recommending this place to stay. I will say though that the hotel has alot of people staying for short periods of time so it is quite a noisy hotel, esp at night so if your little ones take a while to settle or gets easily disturbed then maybe this isn't the hotel for you. We are a couple who enjoys our lay inside so it didn't bother us too much. We would stay at this hotel again. Also much to our surprise we were given a little leaving present as a thank you from them on choosing their hotel. Thank you Cactus hotel and see you again soon.
Pros -
the overall cost is very reasonable.
It's a very clean hotel.
Staff are friendly and helpful
Pool is available, clean and of fair size. Clean towels and sheets are provided every 5 days.
Close to the beach which is 5 minutes walk in real time
Near to coastline which had plenty of shops and restaurants in area.
Very centrally located in Larnaca.
See attached photos.
Cons-
It's a bit of a noisy hotel with doors opening and closing. People talking.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elaine C
Reviewed May 14, 2018

booked this place based on price only. And i`m not dissapointed the hotel is bright and airy with 24hr check in. My room is light and clean and its got wifi payable locally. The pool area faces south so you get the sun all day until it goes behind the building next door. There is a bar but not an extensive choice it does food day and evening. The place is situated in a mainly residential area, so very little traffic. Yes you are near the airport, and occasionally you can hear them coming into land. Pool is a fair size and clean and only 5ft deep.

Room tip: pool side rooms face the sun, so are likely to be warmer in the summer
Date of stay: May 2018