“Unprofessional”

Dining options: Reservations
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Unprofessional”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

First of all i want to point out that the food was very satisfying but as i stated below not the service . i ordered a beer and wine for my wife. The beer was 5 months expired , i told it to the supervisor and she replied ''you are not serious'' in a caressingly way, she then left with the beer and without apologizing and she brought me wine as i requested. I also found a hair in my plate but i didn't say anything because i didn't feel ok with her behavior. The food was very nice . I payed 65 euros without the expense of the beer. No one apologized and no discount was made! note that in an other restaurant i found a hair and the waiter told us 5 times sorry and they charged us only our drinks .

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank traveler10586

• Greek first
Sandwell
“Very good French dining - très bon repas français”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Once again we were in Cyprus and looking for somewhat slightly different cuisine as we usually try to eat Cypriot as much as we can. Our friends mentioned this restaurant as they were regular visitors, we were not disappointed. The layout of the outside dining area was very pleasant, the only downside was that in common with most Cypriot establishments sitting outside meant having smokers around you (next time we will eat inside) The decor was very nice with cool calming colours and every where was spotless. Service was excellent being very attentive but not intrusive. Staff were very pleasant and knowledgeable about food and wines which is in short supply in a lot of local eateries.

I had frogs legs (cuisses de grenouilles) starter which were very nice served in a garlic butter that was not overpowering as sometimes is the case, followed by lapin au vin rouge (rabbit in red wine) which was both generous in the portion and extremely well cooked which reminded me greatly of an excellent Stifado I once had, followed by very good crêpes all washed down by some very nice wine.

Would I go again, most definately. Also this restaurant has a unique feature, French on the ground floor and Mexican on the first floor which is a must try for next visit.

Koulla and Daniel, keep up the excellent work.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank suetrev
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Nice french restaurant”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We really liked this place, it has a really romantic feel and it's beautifully decorated.
Food was tasty and not overpriced. We would visit again.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Christiana2225
larnaca, cyprus
“lovely decor”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

It was my first time that I had gone for dinner and it didn't disappoint. The service, food and decor of the restaurant was lovely. We both went straight to mains. My partner had the salmon aux epinards and I had the king prawns grilled which both meals came with rice and grilled veggies or you could choose from jacket potato or rice. We were given warm bread with three different types of butter (complimentary).We just had a massive bottle of still water. The decor of the restaurant was fun and different to other restaurants. The restaurant is situated on a main road, but there was parking on the side of the restaurant.
The service was nice and it wasn't slow at all.The whole bill came to 35 euros
Would definitely go back again and would also leave room for the sweet crepes.....

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Andria A
Thropton, United Kingdom
“Another mouthwatering experience”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Further to our visit last October my husband and I have dined in April and July at The French Rendevouz restaurant. Both times our meals were excellent. I July we both had a delicious soup then my husband had steak and I had king prawns. We shared a dessert and finished with coffees and french brandy.
After reading some of the other reviews I find it difficult to believe we are writing about the same restaurant!
The location suits us fine also as not everyone needs to look out at the sea to appreciate fine food.
WE will be visiting again next June.

• Visited July 2012