“Great food!”
Review of Cyprus Taste Tours

Cyprus Taste Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer walking & chauffeur driven food & wine tours in Larnaca, Limassol and Nicosia. Enjoy a tastier way of discovering the island with Cyprus Taste Tours. We'll take you to hidden hot-spots, unknown to the average tourist and you'll be introduced to delis, bars and restaurants that cook up the very best in authentic Cypriot cuisine along with other great flavours. Strolling through side streets away from the commercial buzz or driving around the scenic mountains, it promises a real opportunity to soak up the true culture of the island and a great introduction to the food & drink scene with a chance to see some sites along the way!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed February 20, 2014

As everyone already mentioned we went to places I NEVER would have found on my own. And to be honest even if I walked past the places would never have gone in. Felt full after all of the excellent choices (but not too full). It was a really good selection of food with lots of information on the area and what we were eating. The ladies who run it also will tell you everything else to do in Cyprus (or what is not worth your time). If you don't finish food you are welcome to take leftovers and the meals all include alcoholic drinks if you'd like. They are really good with working with any food allergies as well. We went with another couple we didn't know beforehand and had a great time. Many thanks, and highly recommended!

2  Thank merestarks

Reviewed September 13, 2013

It has taken me far too long to write this review. Back in 2011 myself and a friend visited Larnaca and the two ladies who started this taste tour were so welcoming. As well filling our stomachs, the taste tour gave us an insight into local culture like no tour operator would dare.

Sorry it has taken me so long girls.

Phil x

1  Thank Philip N
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Make sure to come with an empty stomach, don't let the $75 euro price deter you as it is well worth it - we could have gone home with a couple sets of left overs. They take you all around downtown Larnaka (they also do other cities as well….hint hint) to these amazing restaurants for a wide variety of local foods. I left with a very sore stomach and a bit of a food coma as I ate so much food. These ladies know a lot about the area and were so nice, funny and entertaining. It is a definite MUST to do when you visit Larnaka! We ended up going back to several of the places they took us too as it was sooooooo good! They also gave us recommendations for other areas besides Larnaka. Thank you ladies for a wonderful, memorable experience!!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

In the very beginning of our 2-week holiday in Larnaca, we had the pleasure of being introduced to the best and tastiest spots to eat in the city. Louisa and Yiota (in no special order...) know their stuff and have done their research and the tour was both fun, informative and...DELICIOUS! The young ladies met us at the tourist office in Larnaca and after our first taste of a traditional Cypriotic cake, off we went on our tasty adventure! During our walk, we made 5 stops in 4 hours and were able to taste a wide variety of traditional Cypriot food. It was truly a pleasure to sit down at the table and dine while at the same time talking, asking questions and learning so much about Larnaca and Cyprus and how, when, why and where people eat.

We were able to taste different pastries, meat and vegetarian meze, traditional cooked dishes and drinks including water, wine and rakia. To tell you the truth, the portions were more than generous and the restaurant owners seemed very keen on doing their best to make a good impression.

Of course, this tour gives one the feeling of wanting a little more than a taste and we went back to 3 of the 5 stops later on during our visit and ate full-scale meals. We would never have found these places without the help of Louisa and Yiota.

The charge for the tour is well worthwhile and we were also given a longer list of cafés and restaurants which were also worth visiting. Of these, we had meals in 6 more establishments and they did not disappoint! So do not hesitate to go into the website and book your tour BUT.....make sure that you have not eaten much before the tour because you will not only be filled with knowledge, but also with all kinds of food...prepared with love and passion on the sunny Island of Cyprus!

2  Thank MissDRM
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Me and my friends enjoyed this food tour a lot! Girls showed us really amazing places to eat. I live in Larnaca for about a year and I didn't even know about them! At the same time Louisa and Yiota gave us so much useful information about events in Cyprus. I would also like to try this tour in Nicosia and Limassol! And I will certainly recommend it to everyone!

2  Thank Lena_moxie