“Great fish meze”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo
Ranked #66 of 317 Restaurants in Larnaka City
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Suffolk
“Great fish meze”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I had previously taken a rickshaw tour of Larnaca and had restaurants in this area pointed out to me as worth visiting. When we visited there were road works taking place in the street outside so not many customers in the area. We arrived early, around 6.30pm, so had the place to ourselves and ordered the fish meze. I liked the look of a lemon sauce on one of the other dishes on the menu, and we found that included in our meze too. I asked what kind of fish we had been served as I didn't recognise one, it was green mullet, then we were amused to be told that the next dish served was; 'Big fish' (Sea Bream). As you'd expect, too much food for us to eat all of it, but nicely presented, great staff and a great price, also a discount voucher for 20% off next visit was given as we left. If you have time or are living nearby it would be well worth a second visit.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank papercrafterSuffolk

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Very good restaurant. After the low level restaurant we tried in North Cyprus it was really a pleasure to heat here. Lovely food, nice atmosphere and very good service. Certainly the best restaurant we had in our holidays in Cyprus.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Fabrizio S
London, United Kingdom
“Don't be put off by the food photos”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We try to visit a different restaurant each night of our holiday but having visited the monte carlo once we returned every night for the rest of our holiday. The pictures of the dishes on their menu (which show peas and carrots with everything) are nothing like the food served - The food is far, far superior and the presentation is great. We only went into the Monte Carlo the first time as we had a voucher for 20% off the bill (which the waiter standing outside the restaurant will give you) and also the location was great, on the sea front overlooking the bay. Wonderful staff and owner, really friendly and welcoming and excellent service- the first time we visited I said I didn't like peas and carrots and they never served these to me - a nice touch that they remembered my dislikes although my husband wasn't always served peas and carrots with his meals If you have the fish meze 32 euros for 2 with the discount don't eat before, it was enormous and really tasty the best meze ever. Very, very generous owner, we were always given a starter, dessert and liqueur free of charge!!!! Can not say enough good things about this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank allsortsoftrips
Warsaw, Poland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“must-visit in Larnaca”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is the place that I wuold like to visit in every place I go for my summer holidays. Fresh seafood, sea view, very nice people working there, reasonable prices and realy tasty food, this is all I need. If you prefer posh places with velvet sofas / fancy drinks / top-model waitresses no matter what is the quality of food and prices go to the promenade with starbucks and the rest of chain places, but it will not be a total immersion into a Cypriot cuisine.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Emilka J
Bracknell
“good food at a good price”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Owner was giving out 20% off vouchers so had a look on tripadvisor and decided to give it a go.

They had good set menus on offer(not part of the 20% deal) so we went for that. I had the 10 Euro deal - starter was salad, main course was fish and chips and the a Cypriot sweet for dessert. Plus a glass of wine thrown in. My wife had the 15 Euro deal which had sea bream instead of fish and chips. Our daughters wanted the fish and chips and the owner suggested just having one between them, which was great advice as the portions were huge.

So we had four 3 course meals plus 4 drinks for only 37 euros. Well worth the visit.

Visited April 2013