“One of the best in Larnaca”
Review of Alkisti City Hotel

Alkisti City Hotel
Ranked #12 of 30 Larnaka City B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I started to stay in this hotel in 2009, and since this time I have stayed there probably ten or more times. Usually i stay i 104 or 105 rooms what are in my opinion the best in hotel, but somebody can say that there are noisy, because of the street trafics below. Rooms are good equipped, small but nice. In the room 104 one can make paiting on the wall with stains on the wall. There is no breakfast in the hotel, but they are offered by bar opposite. Hotel has charming interiors, and it seems that the owner takes good care about it.
I have spent also few nights in another hotels around Larnaca, and this is no doubt that Alkist is one of the best in town, and fur sure the best if you compare prices to standard offered.

Room Tip: 104 and 105, try to avoid rooms without view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed November 22, 2011

The hotel location is great, right in the city centre and still fairly quiet (at least in November). However, the rooms are tiny (!). To use the bathroom is a challenge, as it is so small that you have to squeeze past the door to make your way to the toilet or shower.

The linnen was clean, but the main cover was in serious need of a washing. We were glad we only stayed for a single night.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Stephan E
Reviewed October 16, 2011

The place is nice and simple, good value for money, excellent location right in St.Lazarus square of Larnaca, 5 min from communal beach. On the bad side: noisy air conditioning and street at night (had to keep windows closed), bed with some sort of plastic undersheet, that makes you sweat at once. The best thing is shared balcony with the view of the square. Quite ok, if you stop by for couple nights.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stayed in Larnaca for 3 days, traveling through Cyprus. When we arrived, the key was 'hidden'
in a little locker in the outside wall.. very trusting people! The room was nice and quiet, airconditioning available and we got clean towels everyday. It's very near the beach and it overlooks the wonderful Lazarus square with the church. One minus: the bed was a bit small for 2 people!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2010

This a little gem. Old world charm and courtesy, adequate facilities, efficient booking arrangements, superb location. I shall return many more times.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2010

We were there for 3 nights. We had booked 3 rooms, they gave us the option to choose front or rear and twin or double bed. The rooms were clean, the space was ok. Free internet, wireless didn't work, they gave us cable. Very friendly staff, they had morning and afternoon working hours, they gave us key for the front door to enter. Very good price.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2009

they have only 8 rooms 2 of which with no windows, the hotel was empty at the beginning of April2009 but they gave me one of this room without showing it to me. I was in a next town and call them directly. they insisted to charge my credit card though I told them I am coming the next day. When I arrived I understood the reason for this - a room with no window - only glass & louvres with a high wall 20 cm in front of it. On my protest the only woman there answer that this is a window but there is no view which is better for I will not have noise!?I am an architect and I know the standartds for a hotel - this one is not a hotel. the rooms are small & furnished as 2 stars hotel - leaving the corridor larger than the rooms. the service is more than horrible. actually there is no service. for all 4 days my room was never cleaned and there was nobody in the hotel so I had to open the main entrance door for the new guests on the weekend. the people were waiting with hours on the street waiting for somebody to open and ringing desperately to a mobile number that didnt answer.
on top of this they charge me single room at the price of double which can be done only in high season though it is not right and for a real double room not for a dog shelter

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business