“VERY GOOD”

Ranked #22 of 39 Hotels in Larnaka City
Larnaka City, Cyprus
“VERY GOOD”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I just wanted to spend a few quite days in larnaca so,i found Petrou Hotel Apartments. I said ok,lets try...Guys..,it was very good. Ok, the rooms are not new,but everything was clean and very good.The rooms are confortable, nice. The a/c is working properly and we actually did not find any problem in there.The staff was friendly and really helpful...:) If you wanna have a nice holiday, do not hesitate..go there...

Room Tip: 5 min walking to the sea
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank bogdan19772013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We wanted somewhere to stay in Cyprus for one night as we wanted to fly in the day before our rented villa was available so we didn't spend the first day of the rental traveling to the island. This place was turned out to be perfect for our requirements. The 2 bedroom apartment we had was clean and tidy, the air con worked fine and there were basic TV channels and WIFI available. There was a basic kitchen and a strong box in the room for an extra 2 euros. We didn't eat there because to be honest, it was the first day of our holiday and our only night in Larnaca so we wanted to go along the sea front (about 3 minutes walk away) and find a bar to eat at. In the morning we again went to the sea front to get breakfast because there was such a good choice of places to eat. The staff were really helpful with directions etc and I would not hesitate to stay here again. At £84 for a two bedroom apartment (to sleep 4 of us - £21 pp/pn), I was just hoping it would be clean and safe but thus place was much more than that and, for affordable accommodation in a really good location in Larnaca, I would thoroughly recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank mike_sergei
Ashdod, Israel
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel with large room.
The people at the reception was nice.
The was some insects in the room.
For the price a very good location.
I suggest for thw people that do not want spend money at thw restaurant.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank DavideL69
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed July 4, 2013

First of all I would like to share my view on the staff. Two ladies that work in the hotel reception (one works night shifts) are very nice and helpful. The problem is when it comes to the male receptionist. One day I wanted to iron my shirt, as we were going for a dinner with my fiancee. I went down to the reception at 5p.m. The receptionist was shocked that I was asking him for an iron and ironing board. He lectured me that it is unacceptable to ask for those things so late (5pm!!!). He said that I should write down what I need in the morning and ask for those thing before noon.(!?) I didn't give up and insisted on the iron and the board. He finally gave those to me saying that it's forbidden to iron by the guests.He added also that he is not the person to give it to me, because he is a manager. WHO CARES?! This was very unpleasent situation as I have never experienced such an attitude towards hotel guests. Nevertheless, the ladies working in the hotel are super friendly, including also the cleaing ladies.

Room itself was tidy, so was the kitchen and bathroom. The air-condition in the room didn't have the silent-night option, so had to wake up at night to switch it on and off.

After all I would recommend this hotel for people who do not expect a lot, it's only a *** place, the beach is very close (biggest advantage), rooms are tidy and spacious.

Rent-a-Car across the door have good car deals for the hotel guests.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cuuba
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed June 23, 2013

You always get what you paid for so I was not expecting a 5 star hotel, but I have traveled around and thought that for the price level I will get something decent. But Petrou Bros was a bad experience which I didn't expect after all the great reviews I have read on TripAdvisor. The location is good, which is the only advantage of the hotel. It is not exactly a hotel more like an apartment building so it is difficult to keep it clean. Hotel amenities are old. Luckily we didn't see any cockroaches or ants. But room was very dusty, bathroom dirty and felt quite disgusting, same about balcony, which we didn't use. I don't go on holiday to watch a TV, but it is nice to turn it on for some news or music in the morning. Well, it was not only small and old, but was not working. Same for wifi, that was supposed to work. They gave as password, but then said they are having some issues with wifi, in 3 days this hasn't been fixed. Also we ordered breakfast with our room because it is just more convenient instead of looking around for one. But again, plates and cups looked dusty and dirty, and the food brought to us didn't look appetizing. All in all, I would advise you to search better because I am sure with such a wide variety of hotels in Larnaca there are better options for same money.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Miss_Julie1
Bucharest
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Excellent location - very close to the beach, shopping area and restaurants. The 2 bedroom apartment offered us the space, comfort and the cosiness of a home, having a basic equipped kitchen and daily cleaning service. While the staff always welcomed us with a smile, we felt happier than if we had chosen a 4 stars hotel. Booked through DHR.com which always has the best selection of hotels.

Room Tip: Book through DHR.com
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Iasi
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The appartment was reasonably big, extremely clean and well equipped with all the basic comforts. Excellent location - perfect for exploring the city and only 5 minutes from the beach and the bus statation to airport, Nicosia, Limassool, Aya Napa. Good and free WIFI connection.
A very friendly staff.