“Faulty towers revisited”
Review of Cafe de Liman

Cafe de Liman
Ranked #53 of 333 Restaurants in Kyrenia
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have been a few times to this establishment just for a drink or morning coffee, so after looking at the very nice and varied menu decided to try what they had to offer.
Shown to our seat and after a considerable amount of time given the menu. Ordered a drink which we enjoyed gazing out over the veranda.
Eventually when someone decided to enquire if we would like to order food we made our choice .My wife chose seafood soup which she said was sublime , I opted for the smoked eel sushi which could have been any fish due to the lack of fish .But I might add well presented
.After a very long wait plates were cleared with no apology, mains were served . Chicken on a board with salted fries for both of us . I had ordered vegetables as an extra so enquired as to where they were .Waiter went to kitchen and returned to say they would be nine minutes.I asked if I was to wait for vegetables thus my main getting cold and my wife eating on her own , which recieved a shrug of the shoulders and a vacant look .I told him to cancel my vegetables . Chicken was moist and flavoursome I might add. Mains finished and there we sat and sat and sat. Waiters just aimlessly walking about and having the odd joke with each other , one even walked past our table , saw we had finished and carried on .
I eventually went to locate the manager who seemed concerned about our service. Our plates cleared , and we sat and sat once again . We were going to sample a desert but nobody came , so once again had a word with manager , who sympathetically listened , said sorry and commented that he would like us to give then another try . Two days later I spoke to some people at our hotel about our experience and they had recieved same when they had visited .
So my thoughts are, owners and management are not bothered about passing trade just the people who gamble, as while we had those long waits food was being taken from kitchen to casino continuously. Nobody from the top was guiding the waiters and making them get a move on .
Noticed " The owner" replies to reviews in a positive manner and says service will get better but has a problem with staff.My reply is ..motivation has to be driven from the top, so dont blame subordinates for managements failing .
Service terrible, all with out exception would qualify for a position at FAULTY TOWERS !

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (148)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice view and that’s about the only thing this restaurant has for itself!
waiting for food for 30 mins and all i ordered was a simple pasta dish and a simple fish dish? They completely forgot our order but instead of being honest and taking accountability they made up some story? Halfway through the Parmesan cheese comes and the bread?
Waste of time, food ok I wouldn’t go back and there are so many better restaurants with great service, don’t waste your time.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Having a sea view, the restaurant served international food. The sea bass was fresh and well presented and prepared. The salad was nice too and refreshing and light. The service was ok. In general it is a n ie place to visit

1  Thank HA12014
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stopped here for a drink, very modern, good choice of drinks and tea /coffee. Nice decor and good service

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 2, 2019 via mobile

Been here before, maybe an off night but service is not great. Ordered one starter and four mains, two mains came our with starter . . that’s ok as we were expecting the other two mains at same time. 20 mins still waiting and my grilled vegetables are wilting awaiting the chicken!
Not that busy either, staff not that interested either, such a shame

Date of visit: August 2019
Liman H, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Cafe de Liman, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2019

Hello, I understand you perfectly, yes you are completely right, we apologize.