TripAdvisor

from $56.07
More Info
from $72.90
More Info
All reviews jeep safari off road land rover abandoned village lunch stop horseshoe bay northern cyprus great fun would highly recommend this tour safe driver days of our holiday quaint restaurant informative guide wild herbs great trip wonderful hosts points of interest
Selected filters
Reviewed October 18, 2017

This was my 2nd trip with Cyprus Active & it didn't disappoint.

James picked myself & my sister in law up at our hotel on time & we set off to meet Alice with the other party on route.

Very informative with a really good fun delivery of all the serious information.

Route had slightly changed from 2015 but was lovely to see different areas. Lunch stop was new & beautiful setting overlooking the sea. Food was excellent & homemade.

This was my sister in laws first jeep safari & she really enjoyed it, said it was one of the best trips we had done.

This trip can be done more than once & I would recommend it to anyone wanting a different experience that your usual "guided" tours on holiday.

Thanks again James & Alice ... look forward to seeing you again ..

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank carolsA5473IN
Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

Last year my friend and i booked the jeepsafari and it was one of the greatest days of our holiday. This year my boyfriend and i also went to Cyprus, so i told him: we have to do the jeepsafari!!!!

And again it was a wonderful day!! Not completely the same route as last year so even i saw some great new things!!

I'm not going to tell anything about the jeepsafari. You just have to experience it yourself!!!

James and Alice, thanks for this great and wonderful day!!!

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

We have been to Kyrenia several times but only ever done boat trips, so really fancied seeing more of Kyrenia this time.
James picked everyone up where they were staying and drove us up into the mountains .
The roads were very rocky and narrow, but the view was amazing at the top. Really glad though that we did not meet any other vehicles driving in the opposite direction.
James was very friendly and informative. We had various stops,old ruins of the mountain village, plenty of history. We visited the American tank which had run off the road and lodged in the mountains.
The lunch was lovely and we stopped at a beach, where we all had a swim and a drink before we were driven back.
The jeep held four couples and we all had a really good experience.
Would definitely recommend this trip, great fun.
Ange and Steve,Sheffield

1  Thank SteveStancliffe
Reviewed September 29, 2017

My wife and I went on the jeep safari with James and Alice last week we had a great day James was very informative and pleasant we visited places that we wouldn't have found on our own and James had a story about all the places we visited my wife and I have been on safaris s all over and this was defiantly in the top 3. well done James and alice

Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

Having done the Jeep safari with my husband in 2016 I took my son this year. Alice was the guide again and was as personable, entertaining and knowledgeable as last year. The trip benefits from from being just 8 people and feels like very personal service. You do a lot in one day, not just driving up to the top of the mountains but visiting various interesting sights en route, including a Maronite village which is trying to preserve the language and some traditions of the people. Included is a lovely freshly made lunch at a restaurant on the coast. I cannot speak highly enough of Alice, Cyprus Active and the Jeep Safari. Just go. You will love every minute.