“no communication whatsoever” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Pia Bella

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Pia Bella
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Kyrenia
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“no communication whatsoever”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I booked my hotel stay here from 5th february 2013, until 12th february ,,2013.Unfortunately the closest flights i could book were from the 6th february 2013 until the 13th february, 2013.
I sent an email to info@piabella.com,this is the address on their website,on the 26th of january,2013,saying i had made a mistake,and if possible could they move my booking by one day,and if not could they quote me a price for the 12th february.I also asked,after reading many reviews on this website to be given a room away from the main road,which,believe me is extremely noisy,starting from 5am.
By the 29th of january i had no reply ,so i sent another email saying the same things as before,again no reply.
I also left a message on the live chat section of the hotel website,again,no reply.
I arrived at the hotel on the evening of 6th february,2013.
I asked the gentleman behind reception if they had received my emails.He mumbled something about having problems with their internet.After telling him i would show him the emails i had sent he told me the address i had sent them to,info@piabella.com,sent the mails to someone else,and not the hotel.I was amazed and told him this was the address on the hotel website.After asking several times who actually did receive the emails,he very reluctantly told me it was the hotel manager.Unbelievable i thought.
I went to reception the following morning with my laptop.I showed a different gentleman the emails i had sent,he advised me to send them to reservation@piabella.com.Iduly forwarded all emails i had sent to this address.
I checked my emails everyday during my stay,and still no reply.
As it was coming towards the end of my holiday i did book another hotel for the final night of my stay in Kyrenia.
On checking out of the Piabella on the 12th february,2013,i asked the gentleman behind reception if they had received my emails,he just looked at me blankly and said yes.
Going back to my check in,i was given a room overlooking the main road.As reviewed my many other customers,the rooms are very dates,and extremely noisy from early in the morning.
The wild dogs on the wasteland between the football pitches and shooters coffee house like to start partying very early in the morning sometimes too.
Breakfast i must say was very impressive,with a wide selection of foods,decent coffee,a member of staff squeezing fresh oranges all morning.
This was all going well until my last breakfast at the hotel.Breakfast is served until 10am each morning.I entered the dining room at 0945 and immediately asked a waiter if i could please have two poached eggs.He was very rude ,told me it was too late to order eggsI explained to him that service ended at 1000am,he then told me the water for poaching eggs had been thrown away.I asked him if they could pit some more water on for two eggs,and if this was a problem could i see a manager.I did receive my two eggs,however another minute in the water to cook them would have been nice.
Overall a very disappointing stay at this hotel,and as a regular visitor to Kyrenia,i certainly shall not be staying here again,and ,in my opinion would not recommend it.

Room Tip: If you do stay here,stay away from the main road facing rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank kenny237
MehmetEminsoy, Manager at Hotel Pia Bella, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Kenny237, Thank you for your reviews. We apologies for what you had experienced at Hotel Pia Bella. We have investigated the problem which you had with the emails and found that your emails were sent as spam, they were in the junk email box. You could have told reception about extending your stay for one more night, they could have solved the problem for you immediately. We do apologies again for what happened in the restaurant, again if you informed reception they could have called the food and beverage manager who would have warned the staff, we are sorry on his behalf. We would be happy if you came to Hotel Pia Bella again, and gave us a chance to make sure you have a delightful stay and make it up to you,where maybe you can change your mind. We hope to see you with us again. Thank you.
Hotel Pia Bella.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (875)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Plockton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Had the pleasure of staying here in the last week of Jan / first week in Feb 2013.
The location is excellent, just a 10min walk gets you down to the old harbour and Kyrenia centre.
The staff are absolutly faultless. Friendly and efficient.
The food which was laid on for breakfast and evening meals was first class, very fresh and plenty off it. If i had a complaint it would be that i put on a stone and a half in the 2 weeks i was there but to honest that only serves as a credit to the kitchen staff!
Had a burst pipe in the bathroom on a Sun morning, it was fixed WITHIN 10 mins of the phone call to reception. As someone who has to deal with plumbers on a fairly regular basis i found this utterly astounding!
There are a few negative ratings for this hotel, probably written by the type of person who complains about having to get up in the morning.
Ignore them all.
Congratulations and thank-you to everyone who works in Pia Bella, we will be back!!!!

6 Thank WILLIE F
MehmetEminsoy, Manager at Hotel Pia Bella, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your pleasant comments WILLI F. We are happy that you were pleased with our staff and services. We are very sorry, to hear about the problem which you had in your room, we thank you for your understanding. Many thanks from all the team Pia Bella and are more than welcome to join us again at Hotel Pia Bella. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
nottingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed at the Pia Bella from 4th to 11th Feb with my partner.Did not find the food very good a bit hit and miss in the evening and only a full english on a Sunday and Wednesday.
The rooms was a bit basic could do with a revamp.
The staff was very friendly could not do enough for you,the hotel was clean and our room was cleaned daily.
For the money we paid it was what i expected but i do not think i would go back to this hotel,only takes about 15 mins to walk to town centre which is ok the harbour is very nice.
Just a note there is a chip shop opened called Saltys which does excellent fish and chips just turn right out of the hotel walk across the island and it is on the right.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear JeffNottingham, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our food service. We hope to see you back, so we can make it up to you and maybe you can change your mind. Thank you.
kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed at the Pia Bella from 16th Jan to 30th jan in a party of 22.
The hotel was lovely and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was good with a litle sitting room as well as a bedroom, we found the room cold at first until we found out how to use the aircon/heating, though we did ask for an extra blanket. The tea and coffee making facilities were a bonus as we find that hotels abroad do not usually provide these.
The food was fine except it was very repetative and after the first few days it got rather boring
Unfortunately there was no entertainment in the hotel except for bingo once a week, and as it was quite a way from the harbour and any other hotels etc. there was nothing to do in the evenings except sit and chat, which was okay at first but not for two weeks.

Room Tip: Not on the road
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank livvimay
Dear liwimay, thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. We do not have very much entertainment during the winter season, but do have entertainment 3 or 4 nights during the summer season. We hope you come and try staying during the summer. Many Thanks.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Just spent 3 wonderful weeks in Pia Bella, even better than we expected. All staff very friendly, nothing too much trouble & comfortable well appointed rooms. Very busy even in January/ February, excellent value. Excellent restaurant, lots of choice of fresh food well cooked, fruits and wonderful desserts! Everywhere well maintained & lovely gardens. Many guests return & seems popular with locals too. Good car hire service & car park.

Room Tip: Ask for room not overlooking the road. Many higher rooms have good mountain views.
4 Thank Eileen O
Dear Eileen O, thank you for choosing Hotel Pia Bella, We are glad that you were pleased with our servicesand staff. We hope to see you as one of our repeat guests. Kind Regards from team Pia Bella.
Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from three weeks at Hotel Pia Bella, booked via Mercury Direct. Flying with Turkish Airlines we were met by taxi at Ercan Airport and arrived at the hotel at 2 am. We were greeted warmly and offered refreshments. We expected a superior room but we informed we had been upgraded to a suite. This had a bedroom, sitting room and bathroom with a jacuzzi.
This was our first visit and we were most impressed throughout our stay at the friendliness and service of all the staff. The food was excellent with buffet style meals to suit all tastes.
Kyrenia town centre, castle and harbour were within easy walking distance.
We hired a car from the hotel for nine days to explore Northern Cyprus. We found the Turkish Cypriots helpful and friendly; the majority speak English.
We would recommend this hotel to all.

Room Tip: If you want to watch activity on the Sports Field get a Sea view room in building 2.
3 Thank travel1408
Dear travel1408, thank you for sharing your experiences you had at Hotel Pia Bella, we are pleased to hear you had a good time and hope to see you with us again. Many thanks.
Launceston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

We visited some time ago. We arrived late but there was a welcoming meal. The room was clean and spacious. The food was very good and the staff helpful and friendly.
The pool area was very relaxing. A walk to the nearby Town took about 15 mins.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the front that was a little noisy with the traffic so I would suggest asking fo...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank blondie1421
Ozan, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Pia Bella, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for choosing The Pia Bella Hotel. we are pleased that you enjoyed yourselves with us. we that you for your pleasant comments. We hope to see you with us again in the future.
Hotel Pia Bella..