Hotel Club Z
Go North Cyprus
British Hotel(Kyrenia)
HotelQuickly
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 26, 2012

First of all :it is not a 4 star hotel.I would give it a 3 stars and no more! And this is what upset me the most! If i knew i was going to a 3 start hotel i would have prepared myself for that.The room was big but seemed to be very dated and boring.The furniture looked like kitchens furniture and there was no mirror in the room.The balcony was dirty with some cigarrets ends on the floor left by previous clients,same as the bathroom.
Indoor swimming pool? Yes,there is,but it is not exactly clean and i don't believe it is being used,the water was extrealmy cold.There is no sauna,no jacuzzi,no massage and no fitness room.Ok we were there in December so I can imagine that not all of the these have to be in use.But actually i found there absolutely nothing to do.
The breakfast was awful,really awful.And I don't expect too much,just some ordinery cheese and decent ham would do.But they don't seem to understand that not every one wants to eat turkish salami and turkish kind of cheese.
I don't understand who decided to give to this hotel 4 star.
I know that for the less money i could get much better somewhere else. And the view form our balcony,great!:Old garden path and the big wall from the other building.Really i do not recommend.Description of that room is just one big lie!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dottypl
M D, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Club Z, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I am puzzled as to how you can prepare yourself for a three or four star hotel. I wish that you had asked at the reception

about the facilities which you now claim does not exist; since we do have all the facilities available at the Hotel. I am surprised to find that you did not

have anything to do at such a conveniently located Hotel. Most of our guests visiting our Hotel are delighted to find and taste the local delicatessens. I

hope that you can find a Hotel for your next visit at a price that would suit your needs.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Beautiful location,excellent facilities.
All staff friendly and helpful.
Great value food and drinks.
Hotel is ideally sited,within walking distance of the town
Great as a base for exploring Northern Cyprus.
We intend to return next Summer, to take full advantage of the pool.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mike E
Reviewed November 18, 2012

in todays world in most of the cities you can not find a hotel which can provide you what ever you want. you can be satisfied with a hotel, especially because of good price, good quality, and good personnel.
Firstly the price is perfect in comparison with other hotels in Girne. the quality of service also is noticeable. at the end the personnel are very friendly.
I was there about 2 weeks with my girl friend and everything was perfect. so I suggest this hotel to all you guys.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sina s
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Lovely hotel, tranquil and great location

Great pool area, friendly staff.
Having just spent two weeks at Club Z I honestly can't see why people are complaining? The staff were always friendly and helpful. I had no problems communicating with them and only wish my Turkish was as good as their English. My room was clean and very adequate for my needs. If I had to find a fault I would say that some of the decor was getting a bit dated but that is taking a very critical approach. I'm surprised that Club Z isn't used by some of the bigger holiday companies in North Cyprus but that's their loss. Altogether I had an excellent time and look forward to returning there in the future.
Restaurant Tip: Turn left out of the back entrance walking away from town. At the Bektas supermarket turn right and you will find Iddaa 2 a little local restaurant. The owner always has a smile on his face and a welcome for everyone. He serves a selection of kebabs and fish, with each meal comes a complimentary mezze usually consisting of 5 dishes and flat bread. On one occasion I was treated to 10 dishes!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Most hotels in North Cyprus are unfortunately on the pricey side.
This on the other hand is VERY REASONABLE. It is within easy walking distance to Girne harbour which has lots of cafes, bars, restaurants and history. If you want Beaches don't go to Girne because the nicest are in Magusa and Karpaz.
Anyway I stayed 8 nights in this Hotel with my fiance from the 18th October and although it rained (which we were told was very rare) the temperature was reaching 30 odd degrees everyday! The pool was big and clean and I was swimming with the whole pool to myself at 1pm!!! brilliant ...very quiet base with a good place to swim and the breakfast was very good...fruit grown on the premises made into jams!
Just remember this hotel is very very cheap 8 nights for about £350 b&b so don't expect luxury, but if you want a safe, clean, unintrusive base to explore the beautiful north cyprus and Girne (kyrenia) on a budget...LOOK NO FURTHER!

Room Tip: get out and explore!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple