There is no point in repeating the comments in the reviews below which are detailed and accurate. The hotel's main advantage is its location with lovely views over the town and sea and its very kind and helpful staff.It is a little way out of the town but there is a shuttle bus and taxis are cheap.We were on a week's tour and so access both to the east and west of the island and to Nicosia and the south was convenient.
We had a nice room with a balcony overlooking the sea but it was very dated. There was no tea or coffee available, the TV was old and only had a few foreign language programmes. The bathroom fittings were worn and the shower was fed from the bath taps with no thermostatic control of the water which suddenly went hot and cold. None of the indoor recreation facilities were available despite the fact that for the first few days we had cold gale force winds. Both the buffet breakfasts and dinners were very poor which is sad because the hotel's restaurant at the port is excellent. A new chef and a higher meal cost from the tour companies could make a big difference to the dining experience. So could modernisation of the rooms. Northern Cyprus is falling behind the standards offered in the South and in other nearby Mediterranean resorts. We stayed in Paphos last year in a three star hotel that had all the facilities that are lacking here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Onar Village...more than just a place to stay...Hotel Rooms and Villas available in this wonderful hillside resort.Indoor Pool,Sauna,Turkish Bath, Jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and GoNorthCyprus so you can book your Onar Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Onar Holiday Village Kyrenia
- Onar Holiday Village Cyprus/Kyrenia